Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Titans (DC universe, Netflix)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They have gone full on Motherfcuking castrating R rated which could make this awesome long term.

Also Minka with white hair nice.

3 episodes in and i'm really enjoying it.

Also Batman has now been cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

full on Motherfcuking castrating R rated

What a description! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kory really needs to change her clothes. Not just because they don't look right or the fact that beating people up wearing thigh highs is distracting in a couple ways, but also surely they need washing by now.

Dick tree swinging looked really bad.

Episode 4 was the backdoor pilot to Doom Patrol.

There will be a few recasts for when Doom Patrol starts itself with Matt Bomer as Negative Man, Brendan Fraser taking over as Robotman and Timothy Dalton playing Chief for the series itself.

This is the kind of Universe building that has been missing from the DC Film Universe.

• Advertisement

Brendan and Matt were the voices for this episode. They changed the physical actors just.
    Hard not to hear Neal Caffrey when Negative Man talks

My knowledge of Doom Patrol is pretty much limited to a handful of episodes from series like Teen Titans, but thought all were really well done here.

Gar is clearly a lot slower changing forms, and
    more Tiger Boy than Beast Boy though that may just be early days with his powers.

I am really liking this another very strong episode this again.

Well Jason is a Dick :)

They got rid of the fcuk Batman line thankfully.

Top class entertainment.

That line was in the first episode after he beat the gang. I'm pretty sure it was.

And yeah, they replaced Dick with a dick. Wonder if they'll have the viewers vote to whether to kill him off or not. :)

Kory finally changed her outfit at least.

And glimpse of 60s Batmobile.

Nightwing debut by the end of the season? Since everyone knows he's Robin.

And we got another example of dodgy Robin acrobatic effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Happy enough with this so far.

Don't consider it a spoiler as it's shown at the end but getting
    wonder girl
    next episode so there's that

• Advertisement

Hope there weren't any innocent prisoners in that place when it blew.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So how's the tone in this? The trailer made it look so achingly grimdark and adolescent it's hard to see how I could stomach a whole series of melodramatic brooding - does it really lean that much in that direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pixelburp wrote: »
    So how's the tone in this? The trailer made it look so achingly grimdark and adolescent it's hard to see how I could stomach a whole series of melodramatic brooding - does it really lean that much in that direction?

The trailer doesn't do the show justice. The exposition of characters is well handled and paced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

OK. Watched the first two episodes ...... Not good but not the total disaster I was expecting. Still think it's too much the whole current DC Movie/TV thinking: "It's gotta be dark. Hella dark. And swearing and sh*t. Gotta be down with the kids, they love that. Up the swearing by 20%... no, 40%" It just seems a bit silly.
    And Oh my good God what have they done to Starfire? I know it's been said many times before but, Jesus Christ, she looks like a cheap hooker.

Good:
    Raven. Nicely portrayed.
    Dick Grayson. Yeah, again, nicely portrayed.

Meh:
    The tacked on violence and "adult" tone. I have no problem with violence and swearing etc but this comes across as trying too hard. It's like a 2 year-old saying "F*ck". Don't just throw it in there sporadically (And framed so easily removed for wider audience)
    Pace of introducing new characters. Wow, they really are trying to hit the ground running. It's almost like they are throwing as much against the wall and seeing what will stick.

Bad:
    Star-hooker.... I mean, Jesus......

I waiting for them to change the theme music

I think I'll rewatch Young Justice until the new season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Starfire's attire is addressed in a later episode,with a bit of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Starfire's attire is addressed in a later episode,with a bit of humour.

And her godawful wig? :)

Arrives January 11th on Netflix.

Hmm, of all the people to cast for that role, I would not choose Ryan from Castle.

Sh1t that is where I knew him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Starfire is getting a new look anyway as can be seen in the season finale trailer

Warning this is potentially spoilerish and possibly misleading (there's speculation that it's not what it seems tying into what just happened in the most recent episode
    Trigon using reality manipulation
    )

I've left just a link to Youtube as the embedded videos first image spoils
    Batman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=O8bl2Vurk7M

• Advertisement

I was going to watch the trailer, but decided for the finale, I wanted to be surprised.

Overall, I think this series has turned out better than most people, including myself, expected.

Pretty good finale
    Glimpses of Batman, Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, The Ventriloquist and a good look at Scarface

Be sure to watch post credits scene as well. Was excellent.

Liked Kory's line about avoiding the guys in the basement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This is now on Netflix IE for anyone tempted to give it go. Might take a look myself, though after that "F*ck batman" trailer... :eek:

Turned out much better than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I said I'd wait till this is on netflix to watch it. I'm up to episode 7 at the moment, it's a lot better than I expected. I find it a bit iffy in places but overall a good show.. Has a good soundtrack so far

One of the areas of does need to improve is the effects involving people running and jumping. Just looks so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One of the areas of does need to improve is the effects involving people running and jumping. Just looks so bad

Was thinking the exact same thing. The scene jumping from the tree looked so bad

Watched the 1st episode of this via Netflix and ... ... yeah, it's OK. The much ridiculed 'F*ck Batman' line in context works a little better - ditto Starfire's clothes - but the overall tone is still just the wrong side of edge-lord for my preferences. The FX are also a bit ropey. Still, I'm curious enough to continue

And Grayson working as a Detective just doesn't work for me; he's far too young (at least, young looking) to buy this idea that he's a grizzled, experience cop who has already burned through partners; maybe had they made him a street-cop it could have been a bit more believable, while still giving him that insiders perspective for the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’m enjoying it because I’m overly familiar with Teen Titans Go and I’m pleasantly surprised with how many similarities there are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

pixelburp wrote: »
    And Grayson working as a Detective just doesn't work for me; he's far too young (at least, young looking) to buy this idea that he's a grizzled, experience cop who has already burned through partners; maybe had they made him a street-cop it could have been a bit more believable, while still giving him that insiders perspective for the plot.

I know that in the comics he joined the police and was a street cop for a while, a good idea but badly executed

Advertisement