Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

e30 exhaust

• 11-01-2019 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Need to get a full new exhaust from the end of the manifold for the 318is. Want to get something that sounds nice but not loud. Can anyone recomend a setup and where to get it done?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Where are you based?

I had a full stainless steel exhaust made and fitted by this crowd:
    https://www.dunlaoghairemotorworx.ie/

I've seen some old beemers there being worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Dades wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Meant to say somewhere in north dublin south meath area if possible.

Dades wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Do you have a very rough price guide? I also might need one, and Fritz's are the best I've seen so far.

Do you have a very rough price guide? I also might need one, and Fritz's are the best I've seen so far.

Was going to ask did you know what the quality is like. I was thinking you get something stainless like that fitted for in and around that money. Hoping to spend around 600.

• Advertisement

Interslice wrote: »
    Was going to ask did you know what the quality is like. I was thinking you get something stainless like that fitted for in and around that money. Hoping to spend around 600.

No first hand experience, no, but they do have a very good reputation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'd be lying if I said I can remember. It was just over three years ago now. Wasn't anywhere near 600 though, I'm sure.

Was for a Porsche 924.

Te1MZZ2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Souhans in Trim do great work on lots of classics. Not sure on prices with them though.

Souhans in Trim do great work on lots of classics. Not sure on prices with them though.

I'll give them a shout this week and see. I had heard they aren't as good as they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I'll give them a shout this week and see. I had heard they aren't as good as they used to be.

I got an exhaust for my camper there and can't fault them at all they go to shows and keeps up to date on whats out there and precision welding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

There was a Polish guy there called Chris and I know he left and he used do a lot of the welding so maybe that's the reason as he was brilliant.
    Still see him around town so must get his number the next time I see him as I heard he started up with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Need to get a full new exhaust from the end of the manifold for the 318is. Want to get something that sounds nice but not loud. Can anyone recomend a setup and where to get it done?

Cheers

Google Blackert & Schacht, And send them an email (german motor factors). They stock Imasaf Italian exhausts. They're all standard including the resonator and it shouldn't be more than 500e for full front to back system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

There was a Polish guy there called Chris and I know he left and he used do a lot of the welding so maybe that's the reason as he was brilliant.

That's usually the case when something is done properly on a car in Ireland. People coming from countries with significant industrial background will be good welders/mechanics. Also the "repair, not replace" culture in those countries plays an important role in this.

Edit: btw. an exhaust shop in Cork? I better take a ferry to the UK. Sad but true.

Still see him around town so must get his number the next time I see him as I heard he started up with someone else.

Exactly ye heard standards had dropped a bit since. I think them lads learned their trade working in the mines welding pipes originally. Been trying to find out where they moved to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Cant recommend Souhans highly enough. They dealt with the exhaust on my E28. Maintained the original tips and refreshed the whole system. Sits perfectly, OEM looks and a slightly nicer tone to hear the straight six.

Welds and work all look perfect to me.

miller_63 wrote: »
    Cant recommend Souhans highly enough. They dealt with the exhaust on my E28. Maintained the original tips and refreshed the whole system. Sits perfectly, OEM looks and a slightly nicer tone to hear the straight six.

Was that recently?

Was that recently?

End of summer last year. Had the family wagon in also a couple of weeks back too for a new rear section...

Wouldnt hesitate...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

miller_63 wrote: »

Rough price idea? Looking for something for my E36 Z3

antodeco wrote: »
    Rough price idea? Looking for something for my E36 Z3

Think mine cost me €400 odd. The replaced the rear back box with a smaller unit, replaced the long pipe, sat the OEM Tips back onto new pipe. I wanted a slightly enthused sound over stock.

Take a spin down to them, they will put it up on the ramp, have a look with you by their side and talk through the options. No obligation, no pressure either....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'll pop them a mail. It's a full system I need (manifold back) so will see what they can do!

Got a quote over the phone off souhans. 695 built and fitted in stainless. Thats a y shaped bit to join the 2 headers to a single pipe, a middle and a back box. ****.

Advertisement