Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Toulouse - RDS - 12th Jan

• 11-01-2019 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭

Team announcements...

Leinster: J Larmour; A Byrne, G Ringrose, R O’Loughlin, D Kearney; R Byrne, L McGrath; C Healy, S Cronin, T Furlong; S Fardy, J Ryan; R Ruddock (capt), J van der Flier, J Conan.

Replacements: J Tracy, E Byrne, A Porter, R Molony, M Deegan, J Gibson-Park, N Reid, C O’Brien.

Toulouse: Maxime Médard; Cheslin Kolbe, Sofiane Guitoune, Romain Ntamack, Yoann Huget; Thomas Ramos, Antoine Dupont; Clément Castets, Julien Marchand (Capt), Charlie Faumuina; Richie Arnold, Joe Tekori; Francois Cros, Rynhardt Elstadt, Jerome Kaino.

Replacements: Peato Mauvaka, Cyril Baille, Dorian Aldegheri, Piula Faasalele, Louis Madaule, Alban Placines, Sébastien Bézy, Zack Holmes.

Key players missing for Leinster, should be an interesting match.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

What's kaino like these days? Still as good as a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

accensi0n wrote: »
    What's kaino like these days? Still as good as a few years ago?

Don’t know. But I reckon he’s still a rubbish lock!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,323 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not confident. Looking forward to the atmosphere though. Not too many games like this in the RDS these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Very odd that they've selected Ramos at 10 ahead of Holmes or even Ntamack. Ramos is a full back; he started the last couple of T14 games at 10 for them but, aside from those and one or two games in previous seasons, he has never played outhalf.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,923 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Buer wrote: »
    Very odd that they've selected Ramos at 10 ahead of Holmes or even Ntamack. Ramos is a full back; he started the last couple of T14 games at 10 for them but, aside from those and one or two games in previous seasons, he has never played outhalf.

yeah i was reading the list above and assumed they had somehow mixed up the huget, ntamack, ramos axis.

hes their top try scorer this season i think, and thats a huge risk to take him out of the back three

edit: not top try scorer, but top points scorer due to his boot.

the only thing is we would have been training expecting him to play 10.... as Lancaster predicted here 4 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How much will the touts be asking outside the rds? Home for two days and forgot to source a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

RasTa wrote: »
    How much will the touts be asking outside the rds? Home for two days and forgot to source a ticket

Your youngest child should cover it...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I've done well out of boards before ticket wise.

We have a spare one going, one of our group can't make it. If you're a season ticket holder, I think he can send it over to your account.

South stand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

troyzer wrote: »

We have a spare one going, one of our group can't make it. If you're a season ticket holder, I think he can send it over to your account.

South stand.

Any email address can be used to transfer tickets. No season ticket required.

dregin wrote: »

South stand.

Any email address can be used to transfer tickets. No season ticket required.

Do you not need a season ticket account to open them for the mobile pass?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

No, the recipient just prints the tickets.

dregin wrote: »

No, the recipient just prints the tickets.

Oh right, didn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'll take it obviously but a season ticket holder I am not. Living in brexit land

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

I'll take it obviously but a season ticket holder I am not. Living in brexit land
    Just an email address you need then print the tickets in case you missed it above

RCK1 wrote: »
    Just an email address you need then print the tickets in case you missed it above

PM your email address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

degsie wrote: »
    Team announcements...

Leinster: J Larmour; A Byrne, G Ringrose, R O’Loughlin, D Kearney; R Byrne, L McGrath; C Healy, S Cronin, T Furlong; S Fardy, J Ryan; R Ruddock (capt), J van der Flier, J Conan.

Replacements: J Tracy, E Byrne, A Porter, R Molony, M Deegan, J Gibson-Park, N Reid, C O’Brien.

Toulouse: Maxime Médard; Cheslin Kolbe, Sofiane Guitoune, Romain Ntamack, Yoann Huget; Thomas Ramos, Antoine Dupont; Clément Castets, Julien Marchand (Capt), Charlie Faumuina; Richie Arnold, Joe Tekori; Francois Cros, Rynhardt Elstadt, Jerome Kaino.

Replacements: Peato Mauvaka, Cyril Baille, Dorian Aldegheri, Piula Faasalele, Louis Madaule, Alban Placines, Sébastien Bézy, Zack Holmes.

Do people actually think we can win tomorrow with this team? Doesn’t look the strongest tbh, I could see Toulouse winning this one by the scruff of the neck

Team announcements...

Do people actually think we can win tomorrow with this team? Doesn’t look the strongest tbh, I could see Toulouse winning this one by the scruff of the neck

To be fair, this is what most teams in Europe are like.

Leinster fans are sort of spoiled by being used to a 23 made up entirely of top test level players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Expecting big games from Byrne and Kearney tomorrow. They have the most to prove of all the Leinster players

Does anyone know a good rugby pub in Paris? My girlfriend is over there with her Mam and they want to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Team announcements...

Leinster's pack is still very good. The problem is the replacements. Injuries mean our bench just isn't as strong as normal. We won't get the boost that substitutions have given us in recent games.

• Advertisement

I'm excited to be going to the RDS for a match that isn't a forgone conclusion tbh

Really nervous that this could be the end of our campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

troyzer wrote:
    Does anyone know a good rugby pub in Paris? My girlfriend is over there with her Mam and they want to watch it.

Kitty O'Sheas. Near Vendome.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,923 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Time too see if our policy of blooding youngsters will beat fruit.

Putting 50 points up on poor Welsh opposition is all well and good, now let's see what they can do against a powerful and flairful French team.

Allez les bleus. !!!!!

First Up wrote: »
    troyzer wrote:

Kitty O'Sheas. Near Vendome.

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I've been to O'Sullivans Rebel Bar which is close to châtelet metro station several times. Right at the heart of Paris' city center and great buzz.

Mate and his gf have bailed on this. Two tickets for the South stand going free, unreserved obviously. First come first served, pm me your email address. Only stipulation is that you've posted in the rugby forum before today.

[edit] These have been taken. You people are quick off the mark today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Mate and his gf have bailed on this. Two tickets for the South stand going free, unreserved obviously. First come first served, pm me your email address. Only stipulation is that you've posted in the rugby forum before today.

Fair play I'm sure they'll be snapped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Very fair Ts and Cs there! :)

Fair play I'm sure they'll be snapped up!

Took all of 4 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Really looking forward to seeing Dupont again.
    Plays heads up rugby & backs himself. Already has a nice highlights reel against Irish teams.
    Oct ’16 Lev v Cast – Makes Stretch looks silly
    https://youtu.be/6EeV-CFwCIs?t=2125
    Jan ’17 Cast v Len – Poor Stretch
    https://youtu.be/ks_eQaMvEtE?t=28
    Feb ’18 Fra v Ire - Called the quick lineout and set TeddyT away……
    https://youtu.be/GlgwxecnOx8?t=117
    Oct ’18 Touls v Len – Came on at 10 & made some nice breaks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaKuGfUw1bw

Advertisement