Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.W.A.T. (US Pace) [**Spoilers**]

• 18-05-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭

First Look.
    Inspired by the television series and feature film, S.W.A.T. stars Shemar Moore as a locally born S.W.A.T. sergeant newly tasked to run a specialized tactical unit that is the last stop in law enforcement in Los Angeles. Torn between loyalty to the streets where he was raised and allegiance to his brothers in blue, former Marine Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson (Moore) has everything it takes to successfully bridge the divide between his two worlds and excel at leading his dedicated team of brave men and women as they risk their lives to protect the community. Aaron Thomas, Shawn Ryan, Justin Lin, Neal Moritz, Marney Hochman, Danielle Woodrow and Pavun Shetty are executive producers for Sony Pictures Television in association with CBS Television Studios. Lin directed the pilot.

S.W.A.T. stars Shemar Moore as Daniel “Hondo” Harrelson, Stephanie Sigman as Jessica Cortez, Alex Russell as Jim Street, Jay Harrington as David “Deacon” Kay, Lina Esco as Christina “Chris” Alonso, Kenny Johnson as Dominique Luca and Peter Onorati as Mumford.

https://twitter.com/swatcbs/status/864960062485184512

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Started last night and it is a CBS show no doubt and will fit in well with their other shows Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, MacGyver, NCIS's etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The trailer looks good. I'll be giving this a watch over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent. Started off fairly generic but I liked where it went. I'll watch some more.

A very good episode this set in a prison during a riot.

Fantastic episode this week. Great action (and acting), very tense and shows how fu**ed up the gun culture is in the States at the moment.

• Advertisement

That was a seriously powerful 45 minutes of TV.

Into season 3, how is this thread only 7 posts? :o

Good start to the season... the family stuff is a bit dry though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Mr E wrote: »

This show should be my fav right now, loved stuff like The Shield and The Unit...but I stopped after season 1 of this. I have no idea why but it seems a bit too cookie cutter to be honest - weekly drama, resolved within the 60 mins and a small few threads carrying through. Same thing happened with SEAL Team but as I understand it they have most of the same production crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »

Yeah, it’s mad that after two seasons there is less than ten posts in this thread.

Really cool episode last night that was filmed in Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Really cool episode last night that was filmed in Japan.

With a ****ing Sons reunion, oh hell yeah

S.W.A.T was back with a double episode that covered BLM's Covid-19 & China Virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for a 5th season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I had forgotten complelty about this, 1 for the summer when everything is on break I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4th season starts on Sky One on Sunday May 30th at 10pm

The Shield is in the same Universe as this.

Steve Billings was in this weeks episode

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

This is one I keep meaning to check out as I liked the movie a lot. Worth getting into then?

Is it actually Billings? The Shield is one of my top 3 shows.

Just noticed that the first 2 seasons are on Netflix for anybody interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

This season is starting to go down hill for me. Its getting very preachy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A lot of shows have been like that this season, some almost every episode and often heavily trowelled on.

Call me Hondo!

Cowboy Hondo going up against the Irish in South America.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

That was a very good opening episode, looking forward to part 2

The internet isn’t for everyone

Yeah that was great. I think the cavalry will show up at exactly the right time though....

Can he call on the team when he’s in Mexico ? An off the books job maybe

I assumed he was going to go all terminator on the bad guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Decent 2 parter to start the season and nice to see Luca back on the show full time.

The addition of Kerry actor (and best known for playing Russians) Tim V Murphy was a nice addition. Although his characters son was an American with an Irish accent was a bit rough.

Hondo is back with the squad, I didn’t like the new 20david from the start and the ending revealed why, should make an interesting in house battle over the series

Yeah it will make this season interesting but I just find it laughable that they have it that

the Police Commissioner's office hire somebody to lead a SWAT team with the purpose of forcing somebody out just to save face

Cracking episode this week.

• Advertisement

it was certainly different but the mexicans didnt put up much of a fight

Advertisement