Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alter Bridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As Lions to support on pretty much all the Euro dates including Dublin and Belfast.

Any good? Not heard them know that Bruce Dickinsons son Austin fronts them. He was previously in Rise to Remain who I'd the displeasure of seeing before.
    Not as far as I'm concerned, they were pretty awful last night. Unless you're worried about getting a good spot, I'd stick to the pub until AB are due on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

gizmo wrote: »
    Not as far as I'm concerned, they were pretty awful last night. Unless you're worried about getting a good spot, I'd stick to the pub until AB are due on.

Already have a good spot in second row of circle so it's likely stick to pub so unless one of the friends is overly curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Are we all excited? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Heading in tonight and there were supposed to be four of us but two cannot go now, anyone interested I have two tickets for Circle Row E.

• Advertisement

Great night "Burn it Down" played for the first time in around 8 years, set/sound overall was better last time out in same venue imo but not so unfortunate gave more than you could ask,Hon d lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

bergipau wrote: »
    bergipau wrote: »
    (why would you want a seat for this!!).

Actually with this particular venue the first 4 rows of the circle is the best place to be IMO :)

RAH 2moro first woohoo!

i was in the second row for the pixies a few years ago, but I always prefer the floor.
    The Olympia is my favourite venue for a gig. I saw Myles singing there with slash a few years ago. That was my best concert in the Olympia.

Woohoo I made it tonight.
    Normally I judge a band by their guitar solos (I know, it's shallow). But myles was absolutely amazing tonight. I'm not going to try explain how good he was....... I'll just say WOW, your parents must have been very very proud tonight.

I had an absolute ball last night :D

I've read some reviews of the Irish show, all of them were glowingly positive.

Gotta wonder if their due a shot at headlining Download next June?

Ooh hopefully.. and hopefully I might be able to go :)

• Advertisement

Ooh hopefully.. and hopefully I might be able to go :)

Confirmed on the band's Twitter account that Myles's solo album is being released next year, along with Mark's solo album. Both guys are gonna be busy, and Guns are touring again next year, so Myles will have plenty of time to promote his long awaited solo album.

And album #6 sometime in 2019.

Giving this a long awaited bump.

Coming soon:
    ALTER BRIDGE’s historical show with the Parallax Orchestra live from the Royal Albert Hall!
    A spectacular visual HD experience available on Blu-Ray, DVD, CD and Digital Download containing all their hits + never before performed rarities!

Pre-Order: July 13th 2018
    Release: September 7th 2018

Get your exclusive bundles here:
    AlterBridge.com
    shop.napalmrecords.com

Pre-order starts today but apparently Napalm's site has crashed and it hasn't gone live on the bands own site yet.

Pre-order starts today but apparently Napalm's site has crashed and it hasn't gone live on the bands own site yet.

I would say time difference would be the reason it hasn't gone live on the band's own website yet..

Glorious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Good Lord I must see them live when they play here next

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good Lord I must see them live when they play here next

They played 2 well received and sold out shows in The Olympia last June & October.

Both gigs were incredible.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They played 2 well received and sold out shows in The Olympia last June & October.

Both gigs were incredible.

They sure were, they also sold out the first night in Belfast which I took in also. The first Dublin show was the pick of the bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone watch the concert yet? Amazon is not sending to Ireland

Not yet. My copy is currently in England somewhere, should be waiting for me when I get back there sometimes this week.

Giving this a bump as Myles Kennedy has been speaking about Album #6.
    After I finish with the press today, I'll get back to writing. Mark Tremonti has been doing the same thing. We will reconvene in April and make a record. There are a whole bunch of ideas being thrown around. It's pretty exciting stuff. It is too early to tell what the vibe is just yet or what will make the cut. Mark and I tend to come up with a lot of ideas that we throw up against the wall to see what will stick. The songs we pick will decide the mood of the record and we won't know that until April.

https://myglobalmind.com/2018/11/04/myles-kennedy-my-next-solo-tour-will-have-a-more-of-an-electric-vibe/

Today marks the 15 year anniversary of their forming.

49384524_10156466595123558_4330564732273557504_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=509fd40bd931b8e317b6f9db2e1a243f&oe=5C8EE791

Here's to 15 more! :D

Album #6 to have 14 songs according to Mark's brother Michael. Pre-production finished yesterday.

https://twitter.com/TremontiMichael/status/1110885577694552064

I'm so excited for this!

So drums and bass are done. we're onto the guitars now.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/1116731819272167426

• Advertisement

Album #6 just needs mastering and it's done. They also have a title for the album.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/1134796932889681920

Advertisement