Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POCO Jeans

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dowlers78

I got the off dutys last xmas as a gift...loved them so much I bought the slimmers.  Was so disaapointed in the slimmers..for 110eur they are really poor quality and really just a 'jegging'... not impressed with the fit.  The off dutys however were soft and very comfortable.. turns out too soft as they did not withstand any wear and tear and literally fell apart at the seams.  they replaced them quickly..same thing happened the 2nd pair after very little wear..they suggested this time I select another style.  the off dutys were loose on me and I didn't put on weight.  I'm really annoyed at myself for buying into the hype.  Save your money ladies..these are being sold as high end jeans but the quality is anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone got the Saturday Nights and what do you think of them? How do they fit size wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

I didn't buy them but I did try them on in her pop up shop. I found them true to size with a bit of stretch but I didn't like them on but I'm a pear shape. I've seen Waxperts Ellen with them on on her snapchat and think they look fab on her! She is opening again in Dundrum next month so maybe try and get there to fit them on?

poppies2 wrote: »
    I didn't buy them but I did try them on in her pop up shop. I found them true to size with a bit of stretch but I didn't like them on but I'm a pear shape. I've seen Waxperts Ellen with them on on her snapchat and think they look fab on her! She is opening again in Dundrum next month so maybe try and get there to fit them on?
    Thanks. I seen someone selling a pair online and was tempted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I bought The Slimmers last December and they ripped just below the belt hole after one wear. They replaced them no problem. I love them they are very comfy but I noticed they have ripped again on the inside leg between knee and butt. Same happened my sisters but hers are only 6 mths old. Mine are 10 months but I think for 110eur they should Defo last longer. I have jeans from RI and Zara that cost a third of the price and have lasted years. I’m disgusted that they have ripped but I can’t see myself spending 110 on another pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

I'm still loving my off duty ones but my dh is bugging the crap out of me by saying the faded bits on the front of them looks like I've spilled yogurt down them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭pennydreadful

I haven't got POCO jeans but a friend of mine does and absolutely adored them. She needed a pair of black jeans at short notice recently and a colleague recommended she try the skinny contour jeans from the Florence and Fred range in Tesco. She bought them and was stunned - she says they are EXACTLY the same fit and comfort and POCO slimmers, which she swears by. Even the material felt similar. I obviously bought myself a pair immediately and I'm so impressed. Can't compare them to POCOs but they are definitely one of the best pairs of jeans I've ever bought - washing well and holding their shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ohsnapitsari

I have to disagree here, admittedly I completely bought into the Poco fad.. I own 8 POCO products ( plus candle & planner ) and I find all great quality.

Has anyone got the Poco leather looks in the past month or two since they came back in stock?
    Got a pair as a Christmas present (as requested by myself). They fit fine - but they don’t look like leather looks, they look like a matte jet black pair of jeans. I’ve had coated jeans before from other brands and they’ve normally had a bit of a sheen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone got the Poco leather looks in the past month or two since they came back in stock?
    Got a pair as a Christmas present (as requested by myself). They fit fine - but they don’t look like leather looks, they look like a matte jet black pair of jeans. I’ve had coated jeans before from other brands and they’ve normally had a bit of a sheen to them.
    My wife was going to get a pair of these, but after seeing them in the shop they didn't have the look she wanted.
    There was just a slight sheen off them. Nowhere near the other coated or leather look out there.
    I think the newer ones had a new fabric, so not sure if the intention was to tone them down a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭greenfields11

I gor a pair of the skinny blue mid rise, they are a decent fit and nice and soft but I way prefer my vero moda noisy may jeans, they are a far superior fit and usually get them at buy 1 get 50% off the second pair. 2 friends of mine got the leather look black poco's and said they didnt last, faded up quick and even cracked. The best leather look black jeans are the river island mollies, i have 2 pairs and get loads of wear out off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Buddy15

I found the original pair I bought when the company launched great but 12 months later I ordered and the quality was awful. I order the slimmers in the same size/leg as my original pair but they were 2 inches shorter!!! The Saturday nights in blue also had to be sent back as on leg was stitched back to itself. How that left the workshop is beyond me. Not worth full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can I check here? My GF previously bought off POCO online and was returning a couple of the items (didn't fit well etc). Few things about it annoyed me.

First of all, no reduction/free delivery on any amount of spend. In this day-and-age when buying off an Irish company in Ireland, I'm a bit disappointed in this, particularly seeing these articles then: https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/revenue-at-pippa-o-connor-s-fashion-business-increases-to-record-2-7m-1.4628850

What really annoyed me though was their returns policy. You return via DPD which is fine, but POCO actually charge the consumer for this. I couldn't believe it but my GF took it in her stride. She can't remember if return price was per item or for the full return (guess it was full return) but it €5.95. The return price is not listed anywhere on their website, it just mentions that return fees apply. The eventual moment that you see the amount to pay for a return is on DPD after you put in the item's reference number.

Is this widely accepted as being fine/expected?

In all seriousness, you may end up buying an item (this for example: https://www.pocobypippa.com/collections/new-in/products/crew-tee-los-angeles) for €18. But if you wanted to return it, the final cost would be ~ €28.90

EDIT: Actually, on their Shipping and Returns Policy page, the caveat about a return fee isn't shown within the returns section..It's at the very bottom of the page.

Full returns policy section quoted below:

'Returns Policy

All returns must be made within 30 days from date of purchase, items purchased more than 30 days ago cannot be returned.

All items but be unused, with all labelling attached and in resale condition to qualify for a refund via original method of payment, shipping costs are non-refundable

• Please pack up your item, complete with all the tags and completed return form as failure to do so may mean we will be unable to process your return.
    • Log onto www.dpd.ie/returns, select CONTINUE AS A GUEST and complete the return and payment section in order to download your returns label. Please use your order number as the reference number.
    • Print off your returns label and attach to your returns package then drop off at DPD pickup point which can be found on their website at www.dpd.ie/pickup
    • Ensure to obtain a receipt when dropping off package and keep this safe until your return has been processed.

If we have made a packing error or sent you the wrong items please email hi@pocobypippa.com and we will be in touch.

You can print the returns form from here.' 

Advertisement