Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gps running watch, for less than 100 yo-yo's

• 30-12-2018 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

Anyone any suggestions, the cheaper the better, hate using phone want super basic mileage/pace none of that fit bit step crap, want actual gps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,119 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions, the cheaper the better, hate using phone want super basic mileage/pace none of that fit bit step crap, want actual gps.

Garmin are good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Garmin are good.
    That's a broad church, anyone in particular. Id rather linkys from boardies than random reviews from Amazon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Worth trying ebay or "UK outdoors gear exchange" (facebook group) to see whether they have used Garmins to sell. I got a used Garmin Forerunner 110 for 30 quid on the facebook group earlier this year. Forerunner 100 is really an ancient model (I'm used to it and I like it); you probably won't want to go that far back, but you could decide on a few models of preference, and see how you can do looking for pre-used.

There are also a few older Garmin threads on boards, you could do a search to pull those up and see what people have recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Decathlon on move models should all fit the bill. Have an older 20 and a newer 50. Both great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

A second hand Garmin Forerunner 220 or 235 would do the job perfect. Definitely get a 220 under €100 but may find a 235 tough to get under €100 but it is very good for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

Where are you based ? , I have an old forerunner 110 just lying in the droor if you want it , I'm in Raheny. Pritty sure it works fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Dubs1990 wrote: »
    Where are you based ? , I have an old forerunner 110 just lying in the droor if you want it , I'm in Raheny. Pritty sure it works fine.

Just outside maynooth, how much?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Just outside maynooth, how much?

I'm in Raheny so ideally will need it collected , for free , it's literally sitting in a droor the last year and a half as I upgraded. So might aswell get used by someone !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

An alternative option would be the Amazfit Bip. It has all the gps functionality you say you need and also has some basic smart watch functions. It also has a heart rate monitor. I got my wife one for her birthday last year and she loves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Where's the cheapest place to get the bip these days? :-o

• Advertisement

60 euro including DHL shipping from geekbuying Italian warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

That's a great deal!

Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

Rojo wrote: »
    That's a great deal!

Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

You're welcome! That service from the Geekbuying Italian warehouse is great. DHL shipping for less than €2! Arrives very quickly and is fully tracked all the way. I've gotten a few things from it this past year and the longest wait I've had to receive the item was three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Hey runners! I’ve an Amazfit Bip, same one as in this thread, bought a few days ago, I’d like to sell.
    An unwanted gift, just taken out of the box and fiddled with for a couple of minutes - if someone would like it for 40 EUR drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Dubs1990 wrote: »
    I'm in Raheny so ideally will need it collected , for free , it's literally sitting in a droor the last year and a half as I upgraded. So might aswell get used by someone !

I've an old 405 lying around, planned to sell it for the past couple of years. It's probably past it's sell by date now so if anyone wants it for free just PM me their address and I'll post it out. It's got a HR strap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

This reminded me that I've got an Epson SF810 knocking around that I'm not using so if anyone wants it then can pass it on. Can't post it due to a battery being in there though so would have to work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

The SF810 is gone to a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

opus wrote: »
    The SF810 is gone to a new home.

405 gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

Try done deal loads of as good as new Garmin second hand watches on there.

I was the beneficiary of Sub430's generosity in passing on his 405. Many thanks.. Amazingly I got my hands on a 630 in a great deal only a few days later! So to pay it forward I'll pass it on to anyone who might make use of it. I had a few runs with it before the 630 arrived and it does the job grand! Just drop me a pm! And thanks again Sub430!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement