Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Discount on Xmas trees and decorations Stephens day and after

• 23-12-2018 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Moving into new house next year and will need to buy trees and decorations for house. Would there be places selling off stock leftover after Xmas or do they hold onto them for another 11 months.

If anyone knows anywhere with worthwhile sales I would appreciate a mention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home base have all their Christmas stock reduced at the moment if that's any help ?
    Dunne Stores have their Christmas stock reduced from this morning also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Home base have all their Christmas stock reduced at the moment if that's any help ?
    Dunne Stores have their Christmas stock reduced from this morning also :)

You've been busy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Graces7 wrote: »
    You've been busy! ;)

Ha, I didn't buy any of them Graces7 :)
    Glad you got your cooker sorted out , and your tree , enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,786 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Avoca usually sell off xmas decorations from the 27th.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Debenhams online sale has great discounts on Christmas stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Mjp: Without pinpointing where you live what region of the country are you in?Probably a bit late to the party on this post but I have picked up some great bargains in Johnstown Garden Centre & Newlands Garden Centre in previous years ( on Christmas Eve and the days after reopening!) however the best will probably be gone in Newlands!

Happened to be visiting friends in Galway earlier today and popped in to this shop in Loughrea.
    https://www.mcds.ie/ Most of the stuff on their Christmas online store is gone but they have still lots of stuff in store ( well today they had!) Great bargains on premier and lumineo lights. Got a lovely snowglobe reduced from 49 to 9.99. They have loads of baubles ( all nearly being sold off for between 1.49 and 2.50). Also got myself 3 sets of outdoor lights and other bits and bobs sensicles for Christmas tree etc all for 27 quid. Planning to go back tomorrow before store is rifled. Some items are being packed away by the staff!

I’m sure there are loads more places with things on sale but hard to find online at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Thanks Sundew. My wife got in there yesterday as we Galway based and bought tree and lights at great discount. We were in woodies and other stores in town on 28th but had missed the boat as barely had anything left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

mjp wrote: »
    Thanks Sundew. My wife got in there yesterday as we Galway based and bought tree and lights at great discount. We were in woodies and other stores in town on 28th but had missed the boat as barely had anything left.

Ah great stuff! You are all set for Christmas 2019 so! :-)

Advertisement