Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a Alienware laptop worth?

• 29-12-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

(Apologies if theres an actually section/thread for asking this kind of question)

Got a new desktop PC just before Xmas & I am now looking to sell my Alienware laptop.

Would anyone know how much I could realistically get for it? (on Adverts or whatever)

Alienware 18

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 @ 5GHz + Bluetooth 4.0

Dual AMD Radeon(TM) R9 M290X graphics with 8GB total (2x 4GB ) GDDR5 - AMD CrossFire(TM) Enabled

256GB mSATA SSD Boot + 1TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MH z (4x4GB)

18.4 inch (467.36mm) WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display

4th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4 710MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

Only thing wrong with it is battery only holds a charge for about 20-30 mins before you'd need to plug in charger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's a thread on the Computers & Technology forum that should help you get an estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

Cheers Robert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's a couple of refurbished ones on Amazon for $1500. Will give you a guide price at least.

Would be happy to get €300 tbh xD

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Thats rather an old tech alienware laptop there with a 4th gen cpu and an r9 series gpu. Wouldnt expect too much considering the new 7nM technology is being released. maybe 3-400 euro now, definitely towards the 300 end after the release of the new 7nM tech.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a bit ridiculous, it's worth way more than 300.

It's a 4th gen i7 (still good for games) and has 290XM in crossfire (probably similar performance to something like a GTX1050 to a GTX1060, if Crossfire disabled/not working or working well), has a 256GB SSD + 16GB Ram as well.

I'd say you'll easily get 500 for it, even with the battery issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So you will prolly get offers of a playstaion 1 and a Ford Transit for it on Done Deal or adverts!!!!

Yeah. Would love to avoid the hassle of adverts.

CEX is an option I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah. Would love to avoid the hassle of adverts.

CEX is an option I guess.

From CEX: Alienware 18

WeSell for €960.00
    WeBuy for cash €412.00
    WeBuy for voucher €576.00

And this one is not as powerful as yours I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You won't know with CEX until you actually go in, I would not go off that estimate of an older model as it won't have any bearing on what value they come up with on the day.

I got an Alienware 15 from CEX with a 6700K + 980M with 16GB ram for €550 for example, recently.

• Advertisement

Just after reading online that CEX require the laptop to either have a Windows serial key sticker on the laptop and/or the ability to factory reset from a recovery HDD or disc.

Neither of which I have.

:/

Anyone any experience of selling a PC to them?

Advertisement