Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 19 Captain poll

Options
  • 25-12-2018 9:28am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kane for me.

GW 19 Captain? 134 votes

Mitrovic(WOL)
    0% 0 votes
    Jiminez(ful)
    0% 0 votes
    Richarlisson(bur)
    0% 0 votes
    Vardy(MCI)
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling(lei)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(NEW)
    0% 1 vote
    Mane(NEW)
    45% 61 votes
    Martial(HUD)
    1% 2 votes
    Pogba(HUD)
    5% 7 votes
    Kane(BOU)
    1% 2 votes
    Eriksen(BOU)
    35% 48 votes
    PEA(bri)
    0% 0 votes
    Hazard(wat)
    4% 6 votes
    Ings(WHU)
    1% 2 votes
    Anderson(sou)
    2% 3 votes
    Other: Mention in thread.
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Definitely Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kane as I don’t have Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

lingaard vs hud for me

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Rashford as I don't have kane or salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Newly recruited Salah (C), Kane (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Newly recruited Salah (C), Kane (VC)

Ditto. Let's watch his three minute injury time appearance in horror together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Don't have Salah yet so Kane it is. Rashers vice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Salah, no idea about vc though - Son, Martial, Auba contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Kane (c)
    PEA (vc)

Still no Salah for me. The fear is real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Also going with Kane captain as I don’t have salah. I need to figure out a way of getting salah back in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Salah, missed having him C last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Salah. Don’t own Kane unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Moura was rested midweek and will most likeky be back for the injured Alli (alrhough it was Lamela who came on at half time vs Everton) which means Kane will be back playing deeper again.

Salah (c) for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Son. Would be on Kane if I had him though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Salah despite reasonable risk of him starting on the bench. Other players I'd consider as captain you can't guarantee won't be rested either so hoping for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The more I think about it Salah has to be benched this week surely? Arsenal on Saturday followed by City on Tuesday. It just makes sense that this is the one you’d go with surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    The more I think about it Salah has to be benched this week surely? Arsenal on Saturday followed by City on Tuesday. It just makes sense that this is the one you’d go with surely?

City game is on Thursday (5 days after Arsenal game)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    City game is on Thursday (5 days after Arsenal game)

Noted. Still can’t see him starting all 3 and there is an obvious one to sacrifice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Noted. Still can’t see him starting all 3 and there is an obvious one to sacrifice.

I think he starts all 3. Maybe comes off early this gw if 'Pool winning comfortably. Important to note also that 'Pool (having played last Fri eve) have had the longest gap between last gw to this gw. After City game there's a 9 day gap to next league game(i'm guessing Salah starts on the bench for FA cup game). I'm not overly worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Salah, unless I hear strong rumors he won’t start. I’m confident he will, as Liverpool have played on the 11th, 16th and 21st, which is nicely spaced out. Their next three are 26th, 29th (late game) and 3rd.

That’s a pretty ‘normal’ time span for 6 games, so no need to rest Salah.

People are looking at it as if he HAS to be rested in one of the games, so today makes sense. I’d argue the spacing of the games means he can play them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Liverpool having more rest time over the Christmas period is a bit of a red herring tbh, it just means that they had/have less rest to the games before/after this run of games. Klopp would be mad to start Salah today after not even giving me the last 15 mins off with the game already won last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Well I took a hit to buy Salah so I will just have a sulk now for the day.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Liverpool having more rest time over the Christmas period is a bit of a red herring tbh, it just means that they had/have less rest to the games before/after this run of games. Klopp would be mad to start Salah today after not even giving me the last 15 mins off with the game already won last Friday.

The game before the start of the run was Burnley ( he was rested) and the game after the run is the Cup (he will be rested).

We will know at 2pm but I’ll be surprised (and annoyed as a Liverpool fan) if Salah doesn’t start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Benimar wrote: »

The game before the start of the run was Burnley ( he was rested) and the game after the run is the Cup (he will be rested).

We will know at 2pm but I’ll be surprised (and annoyed as a Liverpool fan) if Salah doesn’t start.
    The Burnley game came during another busy period, Liverpool had five games in 14 days including two big CL games and the Merseyside derby and then the Man Utd game after that. If anything, the rest v Burnley supports the idea of him being rested today.

The Burnley game came during another busy period, Liverpool had five games in 14 days including two big CL games and the Merseyside derby and then the Man Utd game after that. If anything, the rest v Burnley supports the idea of him being rested today.

Burnley was the middle of three league games where Liverpool had the shortest turn around time (Sunday late, Wednesday, Saturday early). They now have the longest turn around across the 3 league games (8 days) so I don’t agree that the Burnley rest supports anything.

I’ll be captaining Salah unless I get wind of something from the reliable Liverpool journos.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The previous salah rest was in a sun wed(rest) sat tues schedule 4 games in 10 days.
    Now we have a fri wed sat thurs schedule 4 games in 14 days there is a big difference.
    He could be rested I think its fairly unlikely myself but I wouldnt be using what happened last time as a comparison as its not like with like. I said it at the time but that early december period was more hectic than now for a lot of teams. This xmas period is more spaced out than most years as most years you will have teams playing on the 26th and again on the 28th or like last year the 30th and then jan 1. This is due to stephens day falling on a wed and new years day falling on a tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The hope would be that Salah is bang in form and Jurgen doesn’t want to disturb that so starts him today ahead of the two bigger matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I brought Salah in but still have it on Kane, for now.

Very difficult decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Salah. All. Day. Long.

Advertisement