Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 18 Matchday Thread

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

4974 OR. Hello top 5K. It's been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Taking -4 to bring in Kane for Aguero the week before last now looks to have paid off. Would have been above average and with a green arrow if I stuck with captaining him as I intended. Captain Hazard did hit the cross bar yesterday so it is definitely a game of fine margins. Finishing on 50 and a drop to 112,000 overall rank. Got in Salah now for next week so hoping I can get the captain choice right for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

47 and a fall of 2k to 4.7k, my 8th red arrow in 9 gameweeks.

I was actually very tempted to captain Kane but stuck with Sterling in the end. If Kane was at home I probably would've captained him but strangely enough he seems to do better away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

47 and a fall of 2k to 4.7k, my 8th red arrow in 9 gameweeks.

I was actually very tempted to captain Kane but stuck with Sterling in the end. If Kane was at home I probably would've captained him but strangely enough he seems to do better away.

Done the same move last minute... Kane always does better away & I really wanted to but everyone else was so was a bit of fear there

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

anyone know if TAA is back for next game? if so i will do alonso > TAA and ricky > matrial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

JayJoe1990 wrote: »
    anyone know if TAA is back for next game? if so i will do alonso > TAA and ricky > matrial

He will POSSIBLY be back
    No definite news
    He was in the away end with the fans Friday night ........

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

cheers bud. i would prefer to do just ricky to martial but i am short .1 which is annoying so need to make the 2nd transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

83 brings me to 36155 overall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

60 for the week has me just inside the top 4K, it’s been a great season so far.

With possibly rotations, players being rested, etc, the next 2 or 3 GW’s could be a huge make or break in people’s seasons, hopefully I won’t make a similar mistake to this time last year when I sold Kane just before his back to back hat tricks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

69 with Brooks and Ricki on the bench. Would have been 80+ but HEWT after recent weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

49 drops me from 35k to 45k

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

39 (no hits) :mad: OR drop to 1.48m. Captain Fail Number 2many :(
    And out of The Cup. Defeated by an unmanaged team that captained Auba
    Disastrous GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

36(-4) sees me freefall from 49k to 120k. Trying not to panic and tear my team apart just put it down to one of those weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

54 pts sees a fall of about 50k places to around 830k, falls in all the global leagues, but a slight rise and none movers in private leagues. Finally scrapped through in the cup, to a ghost team who had captained VVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I dropped to 185k from 140k with 47. The game yesterday killed my ranking. Hard to believe that transferring in sterling to captain him could do so much damage .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I dropped to 185k from 140k with 47. The game yesterday killed my ranking. Hard to believe that transferring in sterling to captain him could do so much damage .

I survived taking in a captaining Sterling and taking a -4 hit

68 points so HEWT

But if I'd done nothing, Salah would have been my captain and Pereyra wouldn't have been shipped to make way along with Laca who picked up an assist. So could have had 90 plus points. Still, I have Sterling now I suppose for the first time this season.

Apologies to all those owners if it turns out it was me who finally broke him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Finished on 53. No major damage done, but there have been a few too many red arrows recently. I've basically doubled my rank to 118k since GW12.

Captained Sterling over Kane or Auba. Still think it was the right decision, but it's calls like that that are doing the damage lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Possibly my worst week ever. I only managed 34 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Spurs got me out of a giant hole.

only dropped from 1.1k to 1.5k, despite an utterly miserable Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

32 here, my much vaunted midfield of Sane(c), Sterling, Snodgrass and Hazard netted 10 points all playing at home to mid table teams, can’t get anything right, was happy with my team, now it looks a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

carnie wrote: »
    Possibly my worst week ever. I only managed 34 points.

If that was your worst week ever then you have got lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

patmac wrote: »
    32 here, my much vaunted midfield of Sane(c), Sterling, Snodgrass and Hazard netted 10 points all playing at home to mid table teams, can’t get anything right, was happy with my team, now it looks a mess.

None of those players are suddenly rubbish. I'm looking forward to the City reaction against Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

dsmythy wrote: »
    None of those players are suddenly rubbish. I'm looking forward to the City reaction against Leicester.

Yeah am thinking the same, depressing all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

58 gives me a tiny rise from 29k to 27k.

Kane and Aubameyang bailed me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Mint Sauce wrote:
    54 pts sees a fall of about 50k places to around 830k, falls in all the global leagues, but a slight rise and none movers in private leagues. Finally scrapped through in the cup, to a ghost team who had captained VVD.

That seems a massive drop for being 1 point off the average.

I've dropped 1k to 17k with 53.

Advertisement