Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMA 3: Lemlin you're up

• 20-12-2018 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Up next is the one and only Lemlin. Let him have your worst chaps. I'll kick this off with some easy ones.

If you had to pick a footballer to sort of the Brexit problems who would it be?

Did you go for that role playing day in Argos? How did it go!

How high would your finishing fpl rank have to be for you to put it on your CV?

Which character from a TV show would make the best football manager?

In your ideal scenario what would you be doing in ten years time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

jimmii wrote: »
    Up next is the one and only Lemlin. Let him have your worst chaps.

Do you miss roryc?

In the same way that, for instance, Wenger would have missed Sir Alex when he retired?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s incredibly popular and you can’t stand?

Highest FPL finish?

Which professional sport do you think you could play for the longest before people realised you weren’t a professional?

Who’s your favourite FPL asset of all time?

Are you a planner or someone who’s happy to go with the flow?
    How long in advance do you plan FPL transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is it weird that every time I read your name I think of Lemsip?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have you ever considered running away with the FPL Boards League pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Do you miss roryc?

In the same way that, for instance, Wenger would have missed Sir Alex when he retired?

I came here to ask this, but you put it better than I could have.

My own questions:

- Are you still an avid Blackburn supporter, or have the chicken farmers soured your interest in real life football?
    - How's your Leicester-supporting workmate doing these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jimmii wrote: »
    Up next is the one and only Lemlin. Let him have your worst chaps. I'll kick this off with some easy ones.
    If you had to pick a footballer to sort of the Brexit problems who would it be?
    Did you go for that role playing day in Argos? How did it go!
    How high would your finishing fpl rank have to be for you to put it on your CV?
    Which character from a TV show would make the best football manager?
    In your ideal scenario what would you be doing in ten years time?

I’ll do my best here lads:

1. Bradley Dack. Have you seen the man’s stats this year? The Dackman could sort out anything but he may soon jump ship to West Ham or another Premier League club!
    2. I don’t remember a role playing day in Argos - refresh my memory!? I did work in Argos for a day though when in college. The manager of a new store had told me she’d match the wage I was on in a competitor but I turned up the first day, did the induction day 1 with all the other staff and promptly left around 4 when presented with a four hour contract!
    3. Top ten I’d say although the game isn’t as skillful as it used to be IMO. There are now too many resources helping people. I look at my work league and how players play and it’s clear some of them are on auto cruise using FFS and the like.
    4. Possibly the best character in a TV show ever - Oberyn Martell. A scene stealer who could handle even the toughest of opponents with a quick one liner.
    5. Watching my now nine year old son lead Cavan to All Ireland glory!

Do you miss roryc?

No. And to be honest, I felt some shame and remorse when Mr P posted how our arguments effected his time as a mod.

Rory isn’t here to defend himself so I’ll say very little on the topic. My feeling was he spoke too much about “luck” e.g. his good decisions were his skill and knowledge, his poor ones more often than not boiled down to “luck”.

I think one quote best sums up my feelings re the topic of luck:

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect”.

Green&Red wrote: »
    What’s incredibly popular and you can’t stand?

Highest FPL finish?

Which professional sport do you think you could play for the longest before people realised you weren’t a professional?

Who’s your favourite FPL asset of all time?

Are you a planner or someone who’s happy to go with the flow?
    How long in advance do you plan FPL transfers?

1. The Dublin Gaelic football team! They’re too successful!
    2. 324th in 2011/2012. I reckon I may have finished higher in 05/06 but unfortunately that account was linked to my college email and I can’t find the standings that year.
    3. The only sports I’ve ever really known to play are Gaelic and soccer so that’s a tough one because I’m far from a pro at either!!
    4. Because of my Blackburn bias, I will always have a special place in my heart for Morten Gamst Pedersen in 05/06. I had seen him in pre season and had the proclaimed “Norwegian Beckham” in my team from the first day of the season. He scored 9 goals that year and had countless assists and was a season keeper. He started out at 6 or 7 mil and finished the season above 9 I think.
    A special mention to Craig Bellamy that season too - I doubt I’ll ever go close to a full season with two Rovers players in my FPL team ever again!!
    5. Very much a planner. That said, I do go with the flow a bit because I think we can make the best of any situation and everything happens for a reason but you do have to have plans and something to aim for.
    6. I try not to plan them to be honest. Max 2GWs because things change that quickly.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Have you ever considered running away with the FPL Boards League pot?

It only ever reached about 1.5k when I was doing it so not enough to reach an island paradise!!

I came here to ask this, but you put it better than I could have.

My own questions:

- Are you still an avid Blackburn supporter, or have the chicken farmers soured your interest in real life football?
    - How's your Leicester-supporting workmate doing these days?

I did lose my love of watching Rovers for a while, particularly during the Steve Kean era. It’s very difficult to watch your team get stuffed and then watch the manager tell the press you’re playing great, all whilst watching the club basically be stripped of any playing assets.

Tony Mowbray and Bradley Dack are bringing back the love though. Going down to League One and allowing Mowbray to start rebuilding has been the best thing for the club. Hopefully similar happens for Pauly D with Sunderland!

Like me, she took the money and ran from our previous employer. She is now back in Leicester with a second child on the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Glad to see you didn't give up in rovers like you did the rovers thread ;)

Let's have an insight to lemlin the man

Favourite movies ?
    Favourite music ?
    Where did the name lemlin originate ?

Rikand wrote: »
    Glad to see you didn't give up in rovers like you did the rovers thread ;)

Let's have an insight to lemlin the man

Favourite movies ?
    Favourite music ?
    Where did the name lemlin originate ?

Movies - favorite movie ever is Anchorman. It came out while I was in college and provided plenty of dialogue for drunken nights out.
    Honorable mentions to Blades of Steel, Old School, The Godfather 1&2, Mad Max: Fury Road, Saving Private Ryan, Aliens & Inception. I watch a lot of movies and regularly listen to critics like Kermode so those are just what spring to mind at the minute. The only gebre of movie I would say I am rarely interested in are horrors.

Favorite music - this is difficult. I wouldn’t really say I have a favorite type of artist or genre. I’ll listen to anything I like. That could be Coldplay, Snow Patrol or even a catchy Katy Perry song!

Lemlin originated in college. Bit of a personal joke but I have a friend and his nickname at the type was Lem. That then originated into Lemlin as a play on the film Gremlins. When I was setting up my boards profile, he was sitting in the sitting room so I stole the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Do you dislike burnley due to supporting blackburn.
    Favourite FPL memory.

All these millennials! How would you best describe your generation?

What other sub-forums do you use?

What do you want for Christmas?

Do you own Salah?

From WhatsApp write “I love gingers...” what are the next eight words, you can choose which one of the three you pick

Do you dislike burnley due to supporting blackburn.
    Favourite FPL memory.

I think that’s mainly banter. It’s hard to dislike a team that have so many Irish players. That said, it does feel great to beat them (if the opportunity ever arises again!).

Re FPL memory, I have a friend who is very competitive but is always handy to keep me interested if my attention is waning to the game. I remember one weekend he was texting me regularly because he was ahead of me. Trouble was for him, there was a Monday night game and I had Petrov for City & Santa Cruz and Bentley for Rovers.

Game couldn’t have gone much better:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7157376.stm

Two Santa Cruz goals with Bellamy assists
    Petrov assisting both City goals

Special mention also to this game near the end of the season where I had Ade captain and a few people have crept ahead of me before MNF:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/apr/29/derbycounty.arsenal

All these millennials! How would you best describe your generation?

What other sub-forums do you use?

What do you want for Christmas?

Do you own Salah?

From WhatsApp write “I love gingers...” what are the next eight words, you can choose which one of the three you pick

I was born in 83 so I think one of my friends best summed it up when they said that we were born into a recession and our kids were too!

I don’t really use any regularly. I do have a browse through GAA, bargain alerts, the gaming ones and then any forum which I may need info from e.g. the gardening forum when buying a lawnmower!

Well I know a pair of new running runners is coming and that’s what I wanted! Very boring but when you’ve kids, it’s about them.

No, don’t own Salah but plan to change that soon.

I love gingers.... but they don’t want to go back in

What sort of running do you do?

What sort of running do you do?

Short distances. Mainly 5k to 10k to keep myself ticking over and my four Labradors fit.

I also do a circuits class at 6 in the morning three days a week which has been a real revelation in my fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

what online resources do you use (if any) for FPL?

If you could bring back any player(/players) from Christmas Seasons's past for your team who would it be?

shineon23 wrote: »
    what online resources do you use (if any) for FPL?

If you could bring back any player(/players) from Christmas Seasons's past for your team who would it be?

I read FFS occasionally. Other than that, just here. To be honest, as I said above, I think the game is now somewhat spoiled because there are too resources available.

Ronaldo, Suarez, Lampard, Drogba, Henry, RVP. If I had to pick one, it would have to be Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

So what have you actually gotten for Christmas?

What do you have to look forward to in the new year?

Where are you based?

What do you work at?

So what have you actually gotten for Christmas?

What do you have to look forward to in the new year?

Where are you based?

What do you work at?

Runners for running as expected. There are also some surprises there but won’t know those until later as me and the missus exchange gifts after dinner - the morning is about the kids.

Going to Florida for two weeks in June so that should be good!

Mighty mighty Cavan.

Have spent the last 12 years since I left college working in motor claims. I now work as a motor claims consultant for a UK insurer.

Hope yas are all having a good Xmas, I am surrounded by Nerf guns, LOL dolls, Batman play caves & Power Ranger figurines!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This is a great idea, all my old pals are getting the royal treatment, do you miss our banter sessions, I used to love an old windup with you. :pac:

Question for Lemlin inspired by an earlier comment you made about our mutual old pal Roryc. . Do you ever wish that the general modding style of Boards wasn't so strict? You used to strike me as the type of fella who wouldn't suffer fools gladly through choice.

This is a great idea, all my old pals are getting the royal treatment, do you miss our banter sessions, I used to love an old windup with you. :pac:

Question for Lemlin inspired by an earlier comment you made about our mutual old pal Roryc. . Do you ever wish that the general modding style of Boards wasn't so strict? You used to strike me as the type of fella who wouldn't suffer fools gladly through choice.

Wind up sessions!? I used to be trying to educate you a bit - you once tried to say Danny Wellbeck was a viable option!! ;)

I don’t know if I’m qualified to comment on that re the modding tbh! Like anything in life, you’ll never keep everyone happy and nodding must be difficult.

Re suffering fools, I do like to cut straight to the point - no need to waste time!!!

Advertisement