Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season Ticket 2019

Options
  • 01-12-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

That time of year for a new thread.

Anyone got there’s yet?

What date was it last year when the pre Christmas ones arrived?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Anyone got there’s yet?

It was mid December around the 14th or so last year so probably the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Anyone got there’s yet?

Christmas week I think, around the Wednesday I got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Mine arrived in post today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Trampas wrote: »
    Mine arrived in post today

Good stuff. Still waiting but no rush i suppose.

A few I know have got them this week, goes alphabetically (I think), up to Mc now, has been posted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Starting to get a bit worried about the season ticket arrival.

To pay for something at the end of October and yet to have received it on December 19th is taking the p1ss TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2x tickets arrived today in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭statto25

The league doesn't start until the end of January.... You've another month.... It'll come.

Mine arrived this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Mine arrived today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Got all mine this morning too.

Same as, all mine arrived this morning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YoungRogerian

I gave up on it, stopped being value for money years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Depends on what county you are from.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

finbarrk wrote:
    Depends on what county you are from.

With the semis gone in the league, it's essentially a loyalty scheme to get tickets for the bigger games for the top teams.

It's not good value for about 25 counties I'd say.

Stoner wrote: »
    With the semis gone in the league, it's essentially a loyalty scheme to get tickets for the bigger games for the top teams.

It's not good value for about 25 counties I'd say.

Not the bigger games. Just the one game. The All Ireland Final. There is absolutely no other benefit to it any more. I was a Cork football season ticket holder for six years .I missed 3 matches in 2010, none in 2011, 1 in 2012, none in 2013, 1 in 2014, 3 in 2015. 2016 I missed a lot more and ultimately gave up on the season ticket after that. If somehow Cork did make an All Ireland final, I know i'd be able to get one. I like hurling but only in an armchair sense. If you gave me two All-Ireland final tickets if cork got there, I'd give them away, so for me it really isn't worth it any more.

It's not just county. Can save you a bomb if you get a club plus ticket and you don't need to attend a single game to be guaranteed an intercounty AI final ticket. I reckon last year I easily saved over 100 euro just off not having to pay into club matches.

It's not just county. Can save you a bomb if you get a club plus ticket and you don't need to attend a single game to be guaranteed an intercounty AI final ticket. I reckon last year I easily saved over 100 euro just off not having to pay into club matches.
    That's fair enough. I don't go to enough club matches to justify that. Am I right in thinking Cork aren't involved in the club plus?

Is that all Club matches. I use my mates Parnell pass for Dublin champo games. Could it be used for Leinster Final or All Ireland Semi final club.

• Advertisement

Is that all Club matches. I use my mates Parnell pass for Dublin champo games. Could it be used for Leinster Final or All Ireland Semi final club.

Think Parnell is seperate to the general intercounty season tickets so I can't speak to the Dublin one. I'm led to believe you might have to pay for provincial final/all ireland semi but you do still get the Paddy's Day final free under the club+ season ticket.

Think Parnell is seperate to the general intercounty season tickets so I can't speak to the Dublin one. I'm led to believe you might have to pay for provincial final/all ireland semi but you do still get the Paddy's Day final free under the club+ season ticket.

You get Paddys day on the regular season ticket too.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Do the season tickets get you entry to the preliminary tournaments on at the moment?

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Do the season tickets get you entry to the preliminary tournaments on at the moment?

Nope

DiscoStew wrote: »

No.

It's my first year buying one. I said I'd try it for a year anyway. The problem is, I support both codes.

finbarrk wrote: »
    It's my first year buying one. I said I'd try it for a year anyway. The problem is, I support both codes.

Me too. Have Dublin football ST don’t have hurlers.
    Sometimes there’s a double header so that’s free in. When hurlers play in Croke Park and not double header I use my mates Wexford hurling ST.
    Sometimes they play on same day but different venue, I go the football.
    And pay in to the rest. A ST would be a waste of money for me.

But you won't give up the Dublin Football ST. That's a good one to have.

finbarrk wrote: »
    But you won't give up the Dublin Football ST. That's a good one to have.

No. That’s coming to the grave with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

No. That’s coming to the grave with me.

Yup. Literally bar the schme being wound up I won't be giving it up.

Advertisement