Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New person - questions

• 13-12-2018 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭

Complete new person so sorry for the stupid questions. Which starter kit do you recommend and what do I do to prevent me running out, can I buy anywhere else other than vape shops. I am a 20 a night smoker but don't tend to smoke during the week if I can help it.

I am in a state of constantly giving up smoking, I go a couple of weeks and then I am smoking again when I drink and then it creeps back in to the day to day. I am thinking a vape for when I go out would be the solution. So my question is, can you only buy liquid online or in a vape shop. If I run out am I doomed to buy smokes.

What is the usual solution to this, do you just keep lots of spares and always buy in advance. How much should I be buying at the start. Again if I buy a kit, how many spares of things do I need, do you recommend keeping spares with you.. things like coils I see mentioned. And what starter kit would you recommend for a complete new person. I am a social smoker, mostly but when I drink I smoke a lot when I do so I need to stop this as I am sitting here with an absolutely splitting headache.

Again, I have been reading the page but am a little overwhelmed as I know nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Complete new person so sorry for the stupid questions. Which starter kit do you recommend and what do I do to prevent me running out, can I buy anywhere else other than vape shops. I am a 20 a night smoker but don't tend to smoke during the week if I can help it.

I am in a state of constantly giving up smoking, I go a couple of weeks and then I am smoking again when I drink and then it creeps back in to the day to day. I am thinking a vape for when I go out would be the solution. So my question is, can you only buy liquid online or in a vape shop. If I run out am I doomed to buy smokes.

What is the usual solution to this, do you just keep lots of spares and always buy in advance. How much should I be buying at the start. Again if I buy a kit, how many spares of things do I need, do you recommend keeping spares with you.. things like coils I see mentioned. And what starter kit would you recommend for a complete new person. I am a social smoker, mostly but when I drink I smoke a lot when I do so I need to stop this as I am sitting here with an absolutely splitting headache.

Again, I have been reading the page but am a little overwhelmed as I know nothing.

I gave my recommendations to another new vapor,read this https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057935304

I reckon the Breeze2,always have spare coils & eliquid...

After reading,come back & ask as many questions as you like.

Here is the Breeze2 on Youtube....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqJPfk8L8J0&t=603s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

That's actually really helpful. Think I will go with the Aspire breeze 2.

That's actually really helpful. Think I will go with the Aspire breeze 2.

You will need eliquid,I can not help you with the flavours because all our taste buds are different,what you would like,I would find it horrible.
    As you only smoke an odd one during the day,I would buy 12mg nicotine strength eliquid & for your hangover night outs :D:D:D I would use 18mg,if you find the 18mg too strong to vape,you are only wasting a 10ml bottle,don't buy too much eliquid at once,you may not like it,I would buy one 10ml of 12mg juice & one 18mg 10ml bottle,it will take a little while to work out what flavours you will like.

If you need help when purchasing,let me know which vendor you wish to buy from,because you will need spare coils.

Don't forget to prime a brand new coil,you don't want to burn the cotton in the coil,with a new coil installed,after you fill tank,let it sit for 10 mins,this will give the coil time to get soaked with juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Itdepends

If you need help when purchasing,let me know which vendor you wish to buy from,because you will need spare coils.

Do any of ye buy from that bald bearded lad who hovers by grafton st and seen him around temple bar the odd time too? Nearly half the price of the stalls everywhere else almost seems to good to be true

Itdepends wrote: »
    Do any of ye buy from that bald bearded lad who hovers by grafton st and seen him around temple bar the odd time too? Nearly half the price of the stalls everywhere else almost seems to good to be true

I'm in Co.Waterford,that baldy bloke could be selling fakes,anything with a battery could explode if it's a fake,I only buy from reputable vendors online,this way they are mostly guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Itdepends

I'm in Co.Waterford,that baldy bloke could be selling fakes,anything with a battery could explode if it's a fake,I only buy from reputable vendors online,this way they are mostly guaranteed.

Not worth the risk I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Itdepends wrote: »
    Not worth the risk I suppose

Nah, maybe just keep an eye out for January sales online or in store and stock up while there's deals.

Advertisement