Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playing for another club - Juvenile

Options
  • 16-12-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭

I wonder if someone could answer this. My son plays u12 hurling for the local club. A neighbouring club has an u11 team, which we don't have. Could he play on this u11 team too? He is young enough to be u11.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Almost impossible to answer your question without more specific information. The county by laws might allow for something like what you're asking but you'd really be better off emailing either the club(s) or county board or just simply ring them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He would have to transfer to the other club to play with them

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Keano wrote: »
    He would have to transfer to the other club to play with them

Not necessarily. I agree it's unlikely to be allowed but it is possible. In my own county, there would be a number of players playing with different underage teams depending on the arrangements and numbers available at different age groups.There are provisions in the rule book for "isolated players" and "group teams".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

Not a chance. Wouldn't count as an isolated player as he has a team to play with at u12

And group teams would mean both clubs coming together to form an amalgamation, this would only really happen where the clubs cant field on their own which obviously they can if one club has u11 and the other an u12 team

Only way is transfer but that means then he can't play with current club

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭LooseCannonUF

Just keep him at the current club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement