Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2019

Options
  • 05-11-2018 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Cabin Crew recruitment for Aer Lingus has reopened for next year. Applied today and from I've read on previous years threads I'm now playing the waiting game!

Has anyone else applied or thinking of applying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinderella3

Yes I have applied

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pickyicky

Cabin Crew recruitment for Aer Lingus has reopened for next year. Applied today and from I've read on previous years threads I'm now playing the waiting game!

Has anyone else applied or thinking of applying?

I applied yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Have any of you received your online assessment yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pickyicky

Have any of you received your online assessment yet?

Nothing yet! Have you ? Will they send it to everyone or just who they think would be suitable for them position?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmmaC1123

I applied on the 30th Oct. Still haven't heard anything. I got as far as video interview last year so I know there is a very long waiting game ahead. Fingers crossed for all of us.

• Advertisement

Feel a bit more reassured now! I would assume they send them out once they close all applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Baileybelles

The waiting is the worst lol. I wonder how long it usually takes from date of application to online assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EmmaC1123

The waiting is the worst lol. I wonder how long it usually takes from date of application to online assessment.

Last year it was exactly 2 weeks but they had closed the advert. This year it seems to be longer as they are keeping job advert up for way longer. I'm hoping this is a sign they are looking to recruit ALOT of people this year

EmmaC1123 wrote: »
    Last year it was exactly 2 weeks but they had closed the advert. This year it seems to be longer as they are keeping job advert up for way longer. I'm hoping this is a sign they are looking to recruit ALOT of people this year

Hopefully!! At least we’re all in the same boat here. Hopefully someone posts once they hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scoller

Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my experience:

Last year, October 2017, I applied and got through all the rounds and was waiting to be called up to training for the summer.

They made a big error with some of our garda vetting (bureaucracy issues), leading to a group of us not being able to train until Summer 2019 (a year later). It was devastating and really infuriating.

I want to share a bit of advice in case it helps some of you avoid this:

- I was in university and sitting my final exams, therefore I asked to be put in the last training group, beginning the end of May. Because my documentation was messed up by then (again, I won't go into complex detail), it was delayed - but because I had applied to the last training date, and the mess up was only revealed near that time, there were no more training groups. Lesson: If you can, ask to be on the earliest possible training group.

- Make sure you process your Garda Vetting as fast as you possibly can the minute you get it.

On a more positive note, best of luck with the general application/interview process: I can tell you that the final interview face-to-face is thorough but the interviewers and staff working on the interview day at the training centre are lovely. You wait with the other interviewees for quite a while and get to chit-chat and bond. I wish you all the best of luck, and who knows, I might see some of you in training (when I eventually do it haha!)

Oh also - it is totally a waiting game. Try not to worry too much and go with the flow.

Sarah x

• Advertisement

scoller wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Last year, October 2017, I applied and got through all the rounds and was waiting to be called up to training for the summer.

They made a big error with some of our garda vetting (bureaucracy issues), leading to a group of us not being able to train until Summer 2019 (a year later). It was devastating and really infuriating.

- I was in university and sitting my final exams, therefore I asked to be put in the last training group, beginning the end of May. Because my documentation was messed up by then (again, I won't go into complex detail), it was delayed - but because I had applied to the last training date, and the mess up was only revealed near that time, there were no more training groups. Lesson: If you can, ask to be on the earliest possible training group.

- Make sure you process your Garda Vetting as fast as you possibly can the minute you get it.

On a more positive note, best of luck with the general application/interview process: I can tell you that the final interview face-to-face is thorough but the interviewers and staff working on the interview day at the training centre are lovely. You wait with the other interviewees for quite a while and get to chit-chat and bond. I wish you all the best of luck, and who knows, I might see some of you in training (when I eventually do it haha!)

Oh also - it is totally a waiting game. Try not to worry too much and go with the flow.

Sarah x

Thank you so much Sarah! Exciting but nerve racking time!! I’m sure as the process moves on we’ll have a million questions for you x

EmmaC1123 wrote: »
    They do have a lot of new aircraft ordered due to begin service next year so hopefully their will be a big intake because of that!
    scoller wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Sarah x
    Very insightful thanks! That's a shame that they had to delay your training but best of luck when you begin next year!

I received my invitation to complete the online assessment and video interview this morning, happy days :)

Me too!!! The excitement! So nervous don’t know what to expect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

I received mine too and registered, seems pretty straight forward... I hope! Best of luck all��

Me too .. excited and nervous at the same time :-)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I received my invitation to complete the online assessment and video interview this morning, happy days :)

Can I inquire as to the video interview. Previously it was a handful of questions. You had to record yourself answering them but had a chance to compose your answer before starting to record. Is it the same this time? Can you re-record your answer if unhappy with it?

Tenger wrote: »
    Can I inquire as to the video interview. Previously it was a handful of questions. You had to record yourself answering them but had a chance to compose your answer before starting to record. Is it the same this time? Can you re-record your answer if unhappy with it?

I haven't taken the video interview yet due to work commitments and wanting to allow myself some time to prepare for it, but I'll be taking it either tomorrow evening or Sat morn, so I'll report back then.

Has anyone done the online interview yet? If so how does it work?

I've completed the other assessments but still not the online interview, I've been struck down with a terrible head cold this week and my voice has been very hoarse and I can't go a minute without having to cough :/ Going to complete the video interview tonight, I'm still chesty but I'll prepare with some strepsils and cough bottle before hand! Leaving it any longer will be cutting it too fine as I'm working all day tomorrow and Wednesday

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    That's pretty much it, you have 4 fairly simple questions to answer, plus a practice one, 40 seconds to prepare and a minute and half to answer. You dont have the option to rerecord.

Completed video interview earlier this week . It was pretty straightforward.
    All we can do now is wait .... and hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

My daughter did hers the other day too, She found the video.nerve wracking and just repeats herself and felt she didn’t answer properly.. Anyway good luck to you all

Has anyone heard back from the online assessments yet ?
    The deadline closed a week ago and I’m getting curious

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

Hi All,

I have yet to click the submit button on my application I just have a few queries?
    Is there cabin crew accommodation if you are not from Dublin,
    It goes without saying that you would pay rent but finding a place to live in Dublin is quite tough. does anyone know more about this situation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

DipDab93 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have yet to click the submit button on my application I just have a few queries?
    Is there cabin crew accommodation if you are not from Dublin,
    It goes without saying that you would pay rent but finding a place to live in Dublin is quite tough. does anyone know more about this situation?

You choose your base so no they wouldn’t give you accommodation, like any job you apply for, it’s up to you to get yourself to that job. Obviously if you’re sent away for work, as you would be as air crew transport and accommodation are provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

Locker10a wrote: »
    You choose your base so no they wouldn’t give you accommodation, like any job you apply for, it’s up to you to get yourself to that job. Obviously if you’re sent away for work, as you would be as air crew transport and accommodation are provided.

Is anyone who submit the application not from Dublin or cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

If you still wanted to wear the green you could always apply to Stobart Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Locker10a wrote: »

Commute from Meath much cheaper rents than Dublin.
    Do you homework in advance and then get it sorted when you actually succeed in getting a job offer!

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard back from the online assesment yet?

Advertisement