Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castres Olympique vs Munster, Sat 15th Dec 5.30pm Irish time

• 14-12-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

L’équipe du Castres Olympique :
    Spedding ; Laveau, Combezou, Vialelle, Paris ; (o) Urdapilleta ; (m) Kockott ; Babillot (cap.), Vaipulu, Caballero ; Jacquet, Lassalle ; M. Clerc, Firmin, Fa’anunu.

Remplats : Rallier, Tichit, Hounkpatin, Samson, Gimeno, Ebersohn, Batlle, Radosavljevic.

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Tadhg Beirne, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Jaco Taute.

Pool 2:
    Munster 11
    Gloucester 8
    Castres 5
    Exeter 3

It's last chance saloon for Castres as they host Munster tomorrow. The visiting team will be looking to remain ahead of chasers Gloucester in Pool 2, with Gloucester likely to pick up a win tonight against the eliminated Exeter Chiefs.

Joey Carbery gets the start at 10 and Sam Arnold remains at centre with Chris Farrell unavailable. The starting pack remains the same with Stephen Archer coming onto the bench.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Kockott

inpho_01297476.jpg

I'm going to be a doubting Thomas here, Castres have been a nightmare at home even when completely out of the competition.

I haven't seen enough inventiveness from Munster in attack and the forwards won't be able to do this one by themselves.

Hope I'm wrong and Munster come away with 4 or better yet 5, but my gut tells me it will be a bonus point loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

A scrappy win is my prediction could be a few sin bins in this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not sure what to expect. Very scrappy and error prone game last week. Castres didn't look like offering much BUT they'll be hurting even more after the league loss and then losing in Thomond and being beaten up front for the most part. Hoping we can make the last few rounds a little more comfortable for ourselves, but that's usually not how we like doing it.

Finally get to see the Carbery, Murray partnership - will be interesting to see. Murray can keep defences honest, which might get Carbery more space and time.

Could be another scrappy game. Hopefully we can get inside Kockott's head again! And test them some more with high kicks which they struggled with.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Like every game involving Castres, the result depends entirely on how bothered they are. If Castres go all out, they'll win. If Munster get an early score or two, they might just throw their hat at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Venjur wrote: »
    I'm going to be a doubting Thomas here, Castres have been a nightmare at home even when completely out of the competition.

I haven't seen enough inventiveness from Munster in attack and the forwards won't be able to do this one by themselves.

Hope I'm wrong and Munster come away with 4 or better yet 5, but my gut tells me it will be a bonus point loss.

They question can also be asked the other way. How will they break down Munster? At the end of the day they're 7th in the Top 14 with minus points difference. Yes they play batter at home, but they're not suddenly going to become Clermont at their pomp by changing a few forwards from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Very hard to know how it will go but I fancy Munster to take the win. Castres are a very hard side to judge but they've been hit and miss even at home this season having lost already to Agen and Stade Francais in the T14.

I would say Munster to win by a whisker but, at the very worst, to take a LBP.

The weather forecast looks horrendous, heavy rain is promised.

Pool 2:

Munster 11
    Gloucester 8
    Exeter 8
    Castres 5

It couldn't be set up much better for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Even a loss tomorrow and Munster are well placed to top the pool. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like an away semi final is the most likely outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Buer wrote: »
    Even a loss tomorrow and Munster are well placed to top the pool. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like an away semi final is the most likely outcome.

Getting a smal bit ahead there, a home QF is within our grasp but qualifying has to be the goal first, it’s all in our hands now and I think we’ll get at least 5 points from the next 2 games, not having to chase TBP will actually help the team just focus on winning and making the right decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

On TV anywhere apart from BT?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

On TV anywhere apart from BT?

Don't think so, just BT 3.

Weather looks ****e, was terrible for the Toulouse / wasps game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Out in Germany for the weekend, hopefully we get the win. Going to be a tight game I’d imagine. Win is all we need no matter the performance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Munster jerseys fitting in much better now in the Christmas season :pac:

Good defense by Munster after a fair bit of pressure from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Not sure of that penalty, the tighthead seemed to be driving inwards helped by the flanker.
    Barnes has absolutely no time for Kockett's antics.

I really hope this isn't going to be one of those nights of silly Munster penalties.

Kilcoyne has made a great start, carrying and tackling very hard!

Some carry by CJ, so graceful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

budhabob wrote: »
    Some carry by CJ, so graceful

What was the TMO looking at?

• Advertisement

Definitely contact made with Cloete's face earlier, think it might just have been a push though.

Complaints of gouging on cloete, think I certainly saw a hand in his face a few minutes ago.

As for the grounding, I thought it was inconclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

TMO must have x-ray vision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

So, the tmo can see a miniscule grounding.. but can't see Cloete getting a hand in the eyes ......

Commentary is so flat. Such a slog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

razorblunt wrote: »
    Commentary is so flat. Such a slog.

Donncha my life’s a party O Callaghan

4 times Barnes told him leave while Murray waited for the ball.
    Stonewall penalty.

On his hands too FFS.
    The lads in comms looking at it on the replay too busy cramming their facts in.

Barnes loves shouting instructions but then just watches lads professionally foul, their 6 walked back through the ruck then joined from the wrong side on Scannell's mini break.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Munster aren’t protecting their own ball at the breakdown and it could cost them the game

Advertisement