Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda January intake 2019

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So I got my application back via GDPR.

For anyone interested. I got recommend on appeal and still got rejected over all.

Not entirely sure the point of the appeal process. But pleased anyway they approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

TallGlass wrote: »

For anyone interested. I got recommend on appeal and still got rejected over all.

Not entirely sure the point of the appeal process. But pleased anyway they approved.

What’s GDPR?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

Does that mean you can’t go forward in the current campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Is this for your PCT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

What’s GDPR?

The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Im confused? What application? You're application from June? Form A?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Think it had something to do with slthe interview stage and vetting . Doesn't concern most of us ha

Think it had something to do with slthe interview stage and vetting . Doesn't concern most of us ha

Well true and hopefully it won't either!

Was following up from earlier posts I put up.

Just for anyone interested.

Anyway, hope I helped around here, I'm checking out.

Best of luck everyone :)

Jan 2016 !

Vetting failed :)

Too much of a little **** and didn't spend enoght time in the Reserves.

Had hopes of joining. I did enjoy my time in Reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

OFFERS ARE OUT!!

Would have been a nice thing to post about, around this time. Sadly it won’t be until March :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Not exactly sure how they work the in take ... I got low 300s OOM... would I have much chance getting called April does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

Passed medical around June/July 2018, interview passed 1 year ago in December 2017. From June 2017 campaign. Anyone else in the same boat waiting on physical???

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Not exactly sure how they work the in take ... I got low 300s OOM... would I have much chance getting called April does anyone know?

What campaign are you from?

EMD1990 wrote: »
    Passed medical around June/July 2018, interview passed 1 year ago in December 2017. From June 2017 campaign. Anyone else in the same boat waiting on physical???

Ah man definitely touch base with hrm and find out the story there

Ah man definitely touch base with hrm and find out the story there

Every time I contact them its either that there os a few things needing completion for vetting, or else that vetting is complete and they are waiting on the Commissioner to sign it off. Depends who I talk to.

EMD1990 wrote: »
    Every time I contact them its either that there os a few things needing completion for vetting, or else that vetting is complete and they are waiting on the Commissioner to sign it off. Depends who I talk to.

Did you tell them you haven't got your fitness done but ?cause vetting seems to be the last thing that gets done

Did you tell them you haven't got your fitness done but ?cause vetting seems to be the last thing that gets done

No mate, didn't mention it until yesterday. They said they would get back to me, but heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Called Yesterday. He Confirmed the next Intake is April. Nothing happening in Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Anyone know what's the story with annual leave when in Templemore?
    Was wondering if you are up there during December would the 2 weeks you get off be over Christmas or is it one week Christmas and one week at some other stage during he course.
    Think I'd go crazy I'd it was only a few days off ha

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

Anyone know what's the story with annual leave when in Templemore?
    Was wondering if you are up there during December would the 2 weeks you get off be over Christmas or is it one week Christmas and one week at some other stage during he course.
    Think I'd go crazy I'd it was only a few days off ha

As far as am aware it’s Monday - Friday 9-5 with the exception of public holidays. At the end of the 8 months you are given 2 weeks leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Any word on when the date for the next Intake? I know People said April but just seeing if anyone has heard of a date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 octopusprime

have heard nothing yet to say it'll any earlier or later. Don't even want to call in and see what the story is, treating it as if it could be October by the time we hear anything, and if we get offers any earlier than that it'll be a bonus!

Advertisement