Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the book be beaten... here for a year.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

No, I'm not.Just like Coca Cola and Guinness I'll keep my tried and trusted formulae to myself.
    You seriously think I would share it here?
    It's just when you look at some of the selections posted here it's hard to fathom what type of formulae is being followed.
    I definitely think whatever rules he was following before have now been ripped up and he's betting like a desperate addict tbh.

Put up your selections or shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

del roy wrote:
    Irrespective of the few who think I am A GUESSER OR A JOKE if you don'y mind I will continue posting my selections. I would rather lose a bit more than stop posting as I said I would stick it out for a year and that's what I intend to do.
    Since I started this thread my p/l is -12.8k. I cannot be anymore honest than that.

If you enjoyed the thread at the beginning but now can't bear to read it, that's fine but don't come saying "this thread is a joke.

Where were you when I was up over 100pts.
    Where were you when after the first thread I was 267pts up after one year.
    I do not want the thread to be closed or turn into two different groups of people with different agendas (ie open or close this thread).
    Lets all wait until my time is up to start thread bashing.

REGARDING THE BAD E/W BETS.
    Its all about the price you consider value. Would I consider 5.45 Justice pleasing 2pts e/w 12/1 a good e/w bet. yes.
    Would I consider it an good e/w bet when it shortened into 11/2 five minutes before the off. No I would not.
    Do you realize one of the most tipping services around advise e/w at 7/2 or even 11/4.

Jerry .

It is not a system though is it. Its all adhoc (great horse in his day) from what I can see.

The strike rate in this guys case is 7%. Now unless some of that 7% were at massive prices he is down considerably.

It would have been more profitable to just follow a single jockey and you'd be very lucky to get any return following one blindly at those strike rates.

The only anomaly to such madness would have been following Rachel McDonald this season. She has a 11% strike rate yet she is +88 at level stakes, largely as a result of an 80-1 winner last month and a 16-1 this month.

And there in lies another issues with whatever adhoc system the OP is employing. He was +100 at one stage yet is -128 now. It would have been a lot worse only that a small percentage of his 13 winners out of 185 bets was/were at a big SP.

If the thread is about someones perception of value, then they need to revise their system. You cannot eat value. Market watch is very important these days, specifically at certain times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Aurora1966 wrote: »
    I honestly think you should knock it on the head pal. Its just not happening for you, take a break son. When the fun stops, STOP.

Sweet jesus! you sound like Ray D'Arcy or some other short bald killjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Who the **** is Jerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭del roy

2.50 echo express 5pts win 3/1 max bet

• Advertisement

Who the **** is Jerry?

Brother of Alice. :rolleyes:

del roy wrote: »
    Who the **** is Jerry?

Brother of Alice. :rolleyes:

It was a genuine question. Why are you posting on behalf of someone who isn't even a member of the forum?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It was a genuine question. Why are you posting on behalf of someone who isn't even a member of the forum?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100739

sydthebeat wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057100739

TY

Who the **** is Jerry?

The guy that Tom chases!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

well done!

that was a long run in!

Well done once again kid!

I would say that was info stuff there as thats one of the yards his aul lad used to get info from.

2.50 echo express 5pts win 3/1 max bet 1st 7/4

186 bets
    14 winners
    -113pts

Well done once again kid!

very brave of him to have a max bet when having such a bad run, fair play takes balls that.

very brave of him to have a max bet when having such a bad run, fair play takes balls that.

Absolutely Del, keep em coming and fuk the begrudgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Put up your selections or shut up

On an open forum?...no I won't shut up for some keyboard warrior,I didn't insult the poster,everything I said was a fair comment.
    Grow a pair..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

On an open forum?...no I won't shut up for some keyboard warrior,I didn't insult the poster,everything I said was a fair comment.
    Grow a pair..

Why not? Incase someone jumps in and starts giving you sh1t and questioning your 'formulas'?

I don't understand why people feel the need to criticise del and jerry were very open about their plan at the start the promised nothing and have stuck to what they said. I've been following with interest it's a fickle game without people chiming in with all their opinions. Let the man ride it out and at the end of the year if he asks what everyone thinks then fire away

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭thesandeman

It's amazing how they come crawling out of the woodwork alright.
    I see all the critics over on Zimmerman's thread have disappeared back into their own little horsebox since he's back blasting in the winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,384 ✭✭✭droidman123

I see all the critics over on Zimmerman's thread have disappeared back into their own little horsebox since he's back blasting in the winners.

So the losers dont count?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think you'll find it was the after timing that was the issue there in the first place.

I look in on this thread from time to time hoping it'll pick up for him
    I know how hard it is to make a profit at this game and I'm not in a position to criticize myself and not many others are in fairness.
    How many folks here put up logs? Can count them on one hand...
    I remember how well he did on his first thread..I don't think it was a coincidence in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Spare me. The disgusting after timing was the issue. That halted after 3 threads closing. If your going to state something at least make a half arsed attempt at being factual.

Chalk. Cheese here. Try not to compare the two. Please.

6.45 Mythical Madness 3pts win 7/2

People who read the earlier threads will know how terrible my record is when a trainer has two in a race and I go for one of his, well the other one usually wins.
    Firmament is O' Meara's other runner,its a drifting morning fav. He is 2/10 on the allweather and on a reading of his last race here where he was giving MM 6LB plus a further 3LB claim from the jockey, he looks really well in here.
    I highlight this before the race as I do not wish it pointed out to me after the race when people come on and tell me MM had little chance of beating Firmament at the weights.

Racing is all about opinions and what your thoughts are about previous form and how a race will work out in the future.

Regarding the above race I thought Mythical Madness got a terrible ride in that race, firstly he tried to sneak up the rails and did not get the clearest of runs and when he finally got out, the 1st and 2nd had gone, flown down the outside where the ground is clearly faster.
    Also in out favour is the fact we have A. Kirby on board for us tonight, here's hoping he stays away from that far rail tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Let's keep things civil, folks.

187 bets
    14 winners
    -116pts

12.20 dejan 3pts win 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

12.20 dejan 3pts win 4/1

Last.

188 bets
    14 winners
    -119pts

2.10 virginia chick 3pts win 6/1...1ST 9/2

2.50 dawson city 2pts e/w 16/1......7TH

• Subscribers Posts: 40,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Great call on virgina chick

190 bets
    15 winners
    -105pts

• Advertisement

2.25 Monition 2pts e/w 16/1 (5 places laddies)

3.05 Percy street 3pts win 4/1

Advertisement