Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dermatologist in Kerry?

• 12-12-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, could anyone recommend a good dermatologist in Kerry? I would assume most would be based around either Tralee or Killarney but I can travel as im not fussy.
    I am on a waiting list for a few years now at the hospital but I have given up hope on ever getting a call.
    Google searches throw up a fair few results but if anyone has any first hand experience they could share, that would be great!

Comments

In Kerry we have Dr. Norin Ni Scannlain in the Bons. That woman has run her fingers over more bodies in the SW of Ireland than anyone else. I have a GP in my immediate family and if any of us say we have a lump, bump or rash it's straight to her. She takes appointments going way into the evening too, so it's handy for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In Kerry we have Dr. Norin Ni Scannlain in the Bons. That woman has run her fingers over more bodies in the SW of Ireland than anyone else. I have a GP in my immediate family and if any of us say we have a lump, bump or rash it's straight to her. She takes appointments going way into the evening too, so it's handy for work.

Did you need a referral?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭phormium

There is also David Buckley in Ashe St., Tralee, maybe not as qualified as Noirin but an option!

I have got appointments for family with Noirin Ni Scannlain without referral no problem. Even though she takes appointments at all hours I have never yet been seen anywhere near on time, massive waits generally so my preference is for first thing in morning sort of appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 User454545

Thanks for the answers. I had read and heard a bit about Dr. Norin Ni Scannlain before, I didnt realise you could book privately. I assume if you were called to the hospital then its her you would meet.
    Im just looking for a second opinion on something. I dont think doctors are as well qualified sometimes in diagnosing skin conditions.
    Thanks again

User454545 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers. I had read and heard a bit about Dr. Norin Ni Scannlain before, I didnt realise you could book privately. I assume if you were called to the hospital then its her you would meet.
    Im just looking for a second opinion on something. I dont think doctors are as well qualified sometimes in diagnosing skin conditions.
    Thanks again

Noirin Ni Scannlain may be a doctor but given her experience I understand that in the medical profession she is held in higher regard than many consultant dermatologists. She seems to err on the side of caution, famously she's have every Kerry person in Factor 50 from the 1st February every year, but guess it's the caution that her experiences bring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 User454545

Oh ya I agree. Having read my response back it probably comes across as a jibe against her, that wasnt intended. I meant it in the sense of my own gp or the various gp's that I have attended down through the years, im not sure any of them are well versed in the treatment of psoriasis or general skin disorders that a full time dermatologist would be.

Advertisement