Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Investing in this bond BCP Dynamic Multi Manager Bond 2?

• 11-12-2018 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi all
    anyone any tips/ comments on this bond?
    Parents are being offered to invest and locked in for 5 years.
    Management fee is 0.75% a year.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

These structured products are good for people who don't want too much hassel with their investments, money is tied up for a few years and 90% of it is protected.

They are very expensive though, there's a few commissions on them per year, so it's more like 5% per year in fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

The 5% is that for the management fees?
    Do they get the money directly from the capital?
    They have advised the capital is safe to 95%

I guess you could call it a management fee but it's made up of all BCP's costs & commissions (legal fees, custody fees, etc).

By the looks of it, 100% of your capital is invested so I guess they take the fees out at the end when they're returning your money.

Ok thanks so much

The bond itself looks interesting, allocating to funds based on Sharpe ratio (instead of just pure returns) seems like a good idea.

Just make sure you know what you're getting into, I wouldn't expect massive returns from this, just somewhere safe to put some money for a few years

• Advertisement

If money was sitting in a regular bank saving account earning nothing what would you expect realistically to get back with this fund.
    They are saying
    250% or 150% Participation in the Index Performance which is added to the capital secure amount (I.e if the fund makes 20% return over the 5 yrs, you p will receive 150% of the growth on top of their initial investment

Yes so if they index makes 20% over the 5 years, depending which version you go for, you'd get

a) 20% * 150% = 30% which is added to the capital protection amount of 95%, so 125% of your capital is returned, so you'd make 25% (minus any fees).

b) 20% * 250% = 50% which is added to the capital protection amount of 90%, so 140% of your capital is returned, so you'd make 40% (minus any fees).

Sounds all good but just know that obviously BCP are trying to make this product look the best they can. From my little experience with these types of products, returns can be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

tylerdylan wrote: »
    Hi all
    anyone any tips/ comments on this bond?
    Parents are being offered to invest and locked in for 5 years.
    Management fee is 0.75% a year.

Thanks a million

Search AAM for info on these tracker bonds.

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/bcp-dynamic-multi-manager-bond-fee-structure.210311/#post-1589518

The stuff the sales rep don't tell :rolleyes:
    appreciate the replies thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CantThinkOfANam

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the performance of these funds in recent times and how safe they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 N1vek

I have money (20k) in a pension bond. Was doing great but gas fallen back. Due out March '24. Charges high as other poster says. Won't reinvest even if it improves next 18 Months

Advertisement