Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpreter‎ from English to Irish

• 10-12-2018 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all!

Any Crypto enthusiasts here?

Looking for a translator for a new wallet for Bismuth cryptocurrency!

About 110 words/small phrases to translate.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Looking for a translator for a new wallet for Bismuth cryptocurrency!

Hello - why do you want an Irish translator? There are (by my guesstimation) about 5 crypto enthusiasts in the whole country who might appreciate it. Ireland doesn't have much of an Irish speaking population, English is our native tongue - only 2% of us speak Irish.

I've just done the maths - if 2% of the country speaks Irish and only 2% of the nation holds any crypto and there's fair representation of crypto owners within the Irish-speaking community (hahahahahahahahaaaa - unlikely), you're looking for a translator to please 19 people. Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

grindle wrote: »
    you're looking for a translator to please 19 people. Max.

I think the more likely number is zero :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ní maith liom do thrioblóid.

Ní maith liom do thrioblóid.

A Gaeilge shill in our midst! Stop feeding the dead language Ponzi, too many children get their time stolen every year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

That money was only resting in my wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Hello - why do you want an Irish translator? There are (by my guesstimation) about 5 crypto enthusiasts in the whole country who might appreciate it. Ireland doesn't have much of an Irish speaking population, English is our native tongue - only 2% of us speak Irish.

I've just done the maths - if 2% of the country speaks Irish and only 2% of the nation holds any crypto and there's fair representation of crypto owners within the Irish-speaking community (hahahahahahahahaaaa - unlikely), you're looking for a translator to please 19 people. Max.

You seem to be working from an asumption that the country has a population of 47,500. Níl Béarlóirí go maith le huimhreacha is cosúil.

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    You seem to be working from an asumption that the country has a population of 47,500. Níl Béarlóirí go maith le huimhreacha is cosúil.

Likely drunk at the time, good catch. It's a miniscule amount of people that can be reduced even further for a random shítcoin anyway. Putting aside the fact that you like Irish, would you really recommend some random coin with an already tiny audience go to the trouble of translating for 1900 people who might like Bitcoin but have no idea about the random shítcoin?
    There's probably a bounty to be earned if you're eager to earn the shítcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

shítcoin

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

No market. Any one in this country who speaks Irish as a first language can speak English aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

How much you paying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭boardise

When it's said that '2% speak Gaelic' -one needs to consider what this means. 2% would equate to about 95,000 people. But there's nothing like that number who have a command of the language such as would enable them to discourse fluently and spontaneously about the full gamut of subjects that comprise our world today -from Architecture to Zoology.
    Most people who claim to 'speak Gaelic' have only a restricted vocabulary , lousy phonetics and next to no idiomatic range . All they're doing is mentally translating English into a paltry made up form of Gaelic. The resultant mish-mash makes for painful listening and amounts to little more than Garblish. The standard of the language used in the so-called Gaeltacht areas ( now hugely shrunken) is miserable
    The whole 'Gaelic Revival' project is utterly misconceived and futile. The waste and frustration occasioned by forcing Gaelic into the education system( as mentioned above) is scandalous to contemplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Likely drunk at the time, good catch. It's a miniscule amount of people that can be reduced even further for a random shítcoin anyway. Putting aside the fact that you like Irish, would you really recommend some random coin with an already tiny audience go to the trouble of translating for 1900 people who might like Bitcoin but have no idea about the random shítcoin?
    There's probably a bounty to be earned if you're eager to earn the shítcoin.

No, I can't say I can much point in an Irish translation of some random Bitcoin wanabe, nor is there much point to the English version of most of them.

Advertisement