Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Events 2018

Options
  • 01-09-2018 12:25am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thread for all Christmas events this year!
    What's on when? Who's going? Add as many as you can! :)

Carols by Candlelight in Christchurch Cathedral will be on this year from Tuesday 11th to Thursday 13th December. Tickets are on sale on the Cathedral website and tend to sell out early.
    www.christchurchtickets.com

Cork Opera House Christmas Concert will be Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th December.
    www.corkoperahouse.ie

'Carols by Candlelight' in the National Concert Hall will be on Wednesday 19th December this year.
    www.nch.ie

'The Glory of Christmas' will be on the 20th December, also in the National Concert Hall.
    www.nch.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

https://www.facebook.com/events/315126952379192/?ti=ia

This looks like it’d be good fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

As some of you may or may not know I have a hobby in which I perform as a drag king, with puppets. I mostly perform (when I do, which isn't LOADS) at burlesque and cabaret shows. There's a BUNCH of Chritsmassy themed ones coming up, and I will be performing in at least one. So for something a little more adult celebrating Christmas why not come along! :D

Bon Bon Rooms Christmas Special
    Friday 7th December, 8pm in Drop Dead Twice.
    Pay what you can on the door.
    Facebook event page here.

Have a Holly Dolly Christmas
    Thursday 13th December in Drop Dead Twice.
    Tickets €12 early bird/€15 on the door.

UnderCURRENT Seriously Seasonal Spectacular
    Sunday 30 December in The Workmans Club
    Tickets usually €15, not released yet.

Maybe a Boards Christmas Forum meetup could be arranged? :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Posy wrote: »
    Carols by Candlelight in Christchurch Cathedral will be on this year from Tuesday 11th to Thursday 13th December. Tickets are on sale on the Cathedral website and tend to sell out early.
    www.christchurchtickets.com
    Thursday 13th is already sold out, and the Tuesday and Wednesday are going fast, in case anybody was thinking of heading to this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wintervile Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

http://www.dubaiopera.com/showlist/jingle-bell-favourites-3/

Going to this again this year. It was so good last year. I was a bit under prepared. The majority of people were well in the spirit of things, few drinks, and Christmas jumpers everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Well this sounds genuinely exciting for Dublin City - Winter Lights Dublin City!

I can't wait to see it, it sounds amazing!

https://twitter.com/DubCityCouncil/status/1059383123996278784

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

https://www.familyfun.ie/christmas-at-the-national-botanic-gardens/
    I wouldn't mind bringing my mam to this, see the markets and stalls hear the music :)

The Coca Cola Christmas Truck will roll into Waterford on Sunday, December 9 as part of Winterval Waterford

This year all truck tour visitors will be able to purchase exclusive Coca-Cola merchandise at each stop. All proceeds will be donated to SVP - Society of St. Vincent de Paul Ireland

Coca-Cola 4 x 330 ml Basket Packs - €5.00
    Coca-Cola Socks - €5.00
    Coca-Cola Santa Baubles - €2.00
    Coca-Cola Christmas Mug - €2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

The National Craft Fair “ Gifted” is on in the RDS from the 5-9th of Dec.
    Fantastic place to get a gift. I have been several time

Tip:if you scout around on some of the vendors Facebook pages, they often will have free tickets floating around. I have been very lucky always getting free tickets in to the Fair.

http://www.giftedfair.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

^^ we got our free tickets in the post yesterday, I think we bought tickets for it in 2016 and signed up on the way out for free tickets the following year and have gotten them again this year (we didn't sign up to anything last time).

So if you do end up buying tickets, do it online so they have your details to send free ones next year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Hi , was wondering if anyone knew of Christmas events, aimed primarily at adults.
    I know of the Dublin flea market next weekend. Other years the light house have had Christmas themed films

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Hi the lighthouse do have their "Naughty or Nice" season on but you'd best act quick a lot of the screenings are over or are sold out!

Advertisement