Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Castres, Sunday 9th Dec 1pm; BT Sport 2

• 07-12-2018 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

MUNSTER RUGBY
    15. Mike Haley, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls, 10. Joey Carbery, 9. Conor Murray,
    1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. John Ryan, 4. Tadhg Beirne, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Chris Cloete, 8. CJ Stander.

Replacements:
    16. Kevin O'Byrne, 17. Jeremy Loughman, 18. Ciaran Parker, 19. Fineen Wycherley, 20. Arno Botha, 21. Alby Mathewson, 22. JJ Hanrahan, 23. Sam Arnold

CASTRES OLYMPIQUE
    15. Scott Spedding, 14. Armand Batlle, 13. Thomas Combezou, 12. Florian Vialelle, 11. Taylor Paris, 10. Benjamin Urdapilleta, 9. Ludovic Radosavljevic ,
    1. Antoine Tichit, 2. Jody Jenneker, 3. Daniel Kotze, 4. Loic Jacquet, 5. Thibault Lassalle, 6. Mathieu Babillot (c), 7. Kevin Gimeno, 8. Alex Tulou.

Replacements:
    16. Kevin Firmin, 17. Paea Fa'anunu, 18. Marc Clerc, 19. Christophe Samson, 20. Yannick Caballero, 21. Julien Caminati, 22. Martin Laveau, 23. Rory Kockott

Carbery and Stander are included in the starting lineup which otherwise sees no changes from the heavy win over Edinburgh.
    The bench selection of JJ Hanrahan over Tyler Bleyendaal is an interesting one, it looks like JJ will remain as Carbery's backup going forward.

Castres have made a few changes from their side that played Agen last weekend, but the front row and halfbacks remain.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The bench selection of JJ Hanrahan over Tyler Bleyendaal is an interesting one, it looks like JJ will remain as Carbery's backup going forward.

Certainly seems that way. I don't think Tyler has started a game at 10 for us this season, but has a couple of appearances as 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

aloooof wrote: »
    Certainly seems that way. I don't think Tyler has started a game at 10 for us this season, but has a couple of appearances as 12.

Could be much more of an indication that if 1 of the 3 back 3 players went off (which is more likely then then the outhalf) they would much prefer to bring JJ on to Full back then move carbery there. Tyler doesn't cover 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

With Sammy on the bench then why have Tyler as he can only cover O/H & centre, JJ can cover O/H,centre and FB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Could be much more of an indication that if 1 of the 3 back 3 players went off (which is more likely then then the outhalf) they would much prefer to bring JJ on to Full back then move carbery there. Tyler doesn't cover 15.

Could be, JJ definitely offers more versatility. (I'd imagine if Tyler was gonna get the 22 jersey, Arnold wouldn't have been selected as 23, more likely a back 3 player. Obvious benefits to having Anrold to come off the bench against a team like Castres) EDIT: Pretty much what phog says above.

But the longer Tyler goes without being selected at 10 (or at 22 as 10 cover) the more likely it is that JJ will be retained ahead of him.

34 - 17 to the home team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

phog wrote: »
    With Sammy on the bench then why have Tyler as he can only cover O/H & centre, JJ can cover O/H,centre and FB

I would rate Bleyendaal over JJ as a 10/12 and Conway can move across to fullback if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I will murder everyone who pisses me off at work in the stadium sunday considering im at connacht game on big session with few free drinks tomorrow........

mafi, ebersohn, david smith and yann david not included is big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I would rate Bleyendaal over JJ as a 10/12 and Conway can move across to fullback if needed.

Yeah but then who goes Wing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I will murder everyone who pisses me off at work in the stadium sunday considering im at connacht game on big session with few free drinks tomorrow........

mafi, ebersohn, david smith and yann david not included is big help.

Where you working? No where to avoid... Im in North tce

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Try_harder wrote: »
    Where you working? No where to avoid... Im in North tce
    Not dealing with you ..... :D
    Im in middle of east stand i think

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Yeah but then who goes Wing?

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Arnold covers wing, think he subbed on at wing for Ireland recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lift from Wex-Wat now bus to Limerick! Come on Munster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Carberry out, JJ to start with Tyler onto the bench

Better to happen for the home rather than away match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

2smiggy wrote: »
    Carberry out, JJ to start with Tyler onto the bench

Better to happen for the home rather than away match.

Oh FFS! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Oh FFS! :(
    Not ideal at all but with Murray along side him to boss him he also has Rory at 12 who can take the place kicking pressure off him if it doesnt go well at the start.

Not sure what conditions are like in Thomond today but last night there was a lot of rain so it might not be a day for kicking just has to relax and play to conditions and dont force it:o

Farrell out now Sammy starts with Taute on the bench

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ryle Nugent is calling the game for BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

crasy dash wrote: »
    Not ideal at all but with Murray along side him to boss him he also has Rory at 12 who can take the place kicking pressure off him if it doesnt go well at the start.

Not sure what conditions are like in Thomond today but last night there was a lot of rain so it might not be a day for kicking just has to relax and play to conditions and dont force it:o

Farrell out now Sammy starts with Taute on the bench

2 late changes far from ideal, Arnold willbe pushing hard to prove he deserves the 13 Jersey so hopefully goes well.

Less confident then I was yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some disaster news to arrive into the ground and hear.

Farrell was immense last weekend. JJ controlled the game well last week but we will need him to kick the points today.

Hopefully that is the last shower of the day now.

Why is the build up showing Cardiff/saracens BT sport 2 showing same as BT sport 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

budhabob wrote: »
    Why is the build up showing Cardiff/saracens?

Yeah getting worried- phew!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Wouldn't be as confident with hanrahan starting

MUNSTER RUGBY
    15. Mike Haley, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Sam Arnold, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls, 10. JJ Hanrahan, 9. Conor Murray,
    1. Dave Kilcoyne, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. John Ryan, 4. Tadhg Beirne, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Peter O'Mahony (c), 7. Chris Cloete, 8. CJ Stander.

Replacements:
    16. Kevin O'Byrne, 17. Jeremy Loughman, 18. Ciaran Parker, 19. Fineen Wycherley, 20. Arno Botha, 21. Alby Mathewson, 22. Tyler Bleyendaal, 23. Jaco Taute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

What happened to Joey?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

chupacabra wrote: »
    What happened to Joey?

Tight hamstring.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Munster the better team so far, but failed badly there to capitalise on all the territory & possession

Scrappy performance so far from Munster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

Error strewn. Scanner not hitting his darts Haley putting balls out on the full cloete knocking on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Sorry for being off topic - anyone having problems casting this to TV from the Eir Sport Android app?

Am getting an error message re copyright issues????

Don't want to have to watch on phone :(

Worked fine yesterday for Leinster v Bath.(?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Poor decision from Conway

Advertisement