Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW16 Capitano?

• 06-12-2018 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Tricky one for me this week, Auba/Laca if I bring them in

Haven't a notion if I don't yet

GW16 Captain? 145 votes

Wilson (LIV)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah (bou)
    0% 1 vote
    Aubameyang (HUD)
    8% 13 votes
    Lacazette (HUD)
    54% 79 votes
    Hazard (MCI)
    12% 18 votes
    Sane (che)
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling (che)
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero (che)
    1% 2 votes
    Kane (lei)
    1% 2 votes
    Richarlison (WAT)
    18% 27 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Aubameyang

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No Arsenal Attack :/

Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’d be astonished if Aubamayeng wasn’t rested.

For that reason, Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sojustrutz

Kane - remember him bagging 4 in this fixture a couple seasons ago, a repeat would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Paully D wrote: »

For that reason, Kane.

Really? Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

For that reason, Kane.

Don’t see it to be honest. Won’t play midweek so 8 days off after Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    Don’t see it to be honest. Won’t play midweek so 8 days off after Saturday.

He is very effective off the bench anyway
    If I sign him I’m captaining him
    If ya don’t captain him at home to Huddersfield when other big guns havemich tougher game then why sign him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

PEA. But rotation fear. So Kane......,.... maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Very tough choice this week.
    Have it on Lacazette at the moment but real fear that he doesn't start. Leicester have the 3rd best home defensive record so I don't think I'll be going Kane. Ricky and Sane are options I suppose.

Will probably stick with Laca, he usually scores off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bambam, with Kane vice captain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Really? Why?

2 very intense games, in which he played 90 minutes in both, in the last 4 days.

It’s one of the easiest games in the division and they have a ready made replacement to easily slot straight in, in Lacazette, who himself hasn’t played too much the last 2 games.

Arsenal have had a lot of injuries and I think Emery will be a bit risk adverse in terms of burnout.

Aubamayeng could still do a hell of a lot of damage if he makes an appearance off the bench though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

2 very intense games, in which he played 90 minutes in both, in the last 4 days.

It’s one of the easiest games in the division and they have a ready made replacement to easily slot straight in, in Lacazette, who himself hasn’t played too much the last 2 games.

Arsenal have had a lot of injuries and I think Emery will be a bit risk adverse in terms of burnout.

Aubamayeng could still do a hell of a lot of damage if he makes an appearance off the bench though!

Good thread on this here....

https://twitter.com/StatOnScout/status/1070749473763180544?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Leaning towards Auba at the moment. I feel Kane may get about 70 minutes with the Champions League in mind.

Don't think I have great options besides them.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going to Arsenal match so kinda have to captain Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Richarlinson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Richarlinson

Happy for his points but I couldn't captain him after the last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Salah.

Will definitely start IMO after not doing so on Wednesday. any big hitter you're confident of starting this weekend is a good one to pick. there's that much rotation.

if I'd Sterling, he'd be near the top of my list, even though it's Chelsea, as he will definitely be starting.

Auba, you just don't know (i don't have him). Emery is unpredictable. captain him if you're fine with him getting 20 or 30 minutes at the end, because that is a possibility IMO.

Kane loves to play, but he has to rest some time. as I think Paully said, that game may be the Burnley one next week, but there will be a point before the end of the year where he doesn't start a game. logic tells me that it'll be this weekend, the Arsenal League Cup game, or the Burnley game. i don't know if I want to risk the captiancy on him, though I will vice him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Salah.

Will definitely start IMO after not doing so on Wednesday. any big hitter you're confident of starting this weekend is a good one to pick. there's that much rotation.

if I'd Sterling, he'd be near the top of my list, even though it's Chelsea, as he will definitely be starting.

Auba, you just don't know (i don't have him). Emery is unpredictable. captain him if you're fine with him getting 20 or 30 minutes at the end, because that is a possibility IMO.

Kane loves to play, but he has to rest some time. as I think Paully said, that game may be the Burnley one next week, but there will be a point before the end of the year where he doesn't start a game. logic tells me that it'll be this weekend, the Arsenal League Cup game, or the Burnley game. i don't know if I want to risk the captiancy on him, though I will vice him.

I have Sterling and I'm concerned he doesn't start. Or does start but starts on Sane's wing which isn't his best side. Think Mahrez might get the nod to terrorise Alonso who has been wojous recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I have Sterling and I'm concerned he doesn't start. Or does start but starts on Sane's wing which isn't his best side. Think Mahrez might get the nod to terrorise Alonso who has been wojous recently.

i don't think there is the slightest risk that Sterling doesn't start, but i understand your worry about where he plays.

against Liverpool, which is a team that plays similarly (ish) to how Chelsea want to play in terms of the high press, Pep had a front 4 of Sterling, Silva and Mahrez behind Aguero. so no Sane.

BUT...Mendy was playing. Pep likes his width, and it's been patently obvious that when Mendy doesn't play, he feels Sane is essential in providing width for the team.

also Mahrez, while great and he scores, was very careless against Watford on Tuesday. he tried to glory his hole off instead of passing to a teammate for it to go 3-0 and the game be killed off. Pep went apoplectic. Watford went up the other end and scored to make it 2-1. plus, in the Liverpool/City game, Mahrez was also careless and missed his penalty.

i reckon it's Sane, Silva, Sterling behind Jesus at the weekend, with all the big guns taking a rest in midweek, maybe besides Sterling who had his break on Tuesday.

but there's always the caveat that it's Pep, and he could do anything, especially if he sees Chelsea as a genuine threat. he could pull out some wonky system and fúck all convention out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Kane for me

• Advertisement

if I knew he was starting on the right then Sterling has at least a goal in him playing Alonso and Christensen/Luiz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

if I knew he was starting on the right then Sterling has at least a goal in him playing Alonso and Christensen/Luiz

Questions starting to be asked about alonsos place in the team. He is a real weak link defensively and I wonder if he eventually finds himself out of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Questions starting to be asked about alonsos place in the team. He is a real weak link defensively and I wonder if he eventually finds himself out of the team.

Not sure about that. I agree he's very weak defensively, but Sarri seems even more accepting of that than Conte was. I see him keeping his place for the foreseeable unless they sign someone. And given that he only signed a new contract in October, I just don't see it happening personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Tempted by Richy for a bit of MNF luck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I've had a few bottles and there will probably be regret in the morning but I've just brought Lukaku into my team and made him captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Pighead wrote: »
    I've had a few bottles and there will probably be regret in the morning but I've just brought Lukaku into my team and made him captain.

A few bottles of whiskey is the only excuse for that......he may not even start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Going with Salah...looks like he could be a differential at this stage nearly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Bottled Aubam. Hello Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Leaning towards Kolasinac as a differential. I think he has a reasonably good chance of a clean sheet as well as attacking and/or bonus points. I realise that it is a big risk and even if Arsenal dominate the game, the clean sheet can disappear in the blink of an eye but I have had a rough few weeks and I need to something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Pighead wrote: »
    I was actually considering bringing him in during the week. I'll see how they get on against Fulham and Pool and might then take a punt on him for their next few good fixtures.

Advertisement