Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dyson Airwrap

• 04-12-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get this yet?

Have the hairdryer, love it and thinking of getting this for my Christmas gift.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

It only works on damp hair, which is a massive concern for me. I usually wash my hair at night and style in the morning.
    That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

anewme wrote: »
    Anyone get this yet?

Have the hairdryer, love it and thinking of getting this for my Christmas gift.

Very tempted myself. Kind of waiting for some real-world reviews, though.
    GingerLily wrote: »
    It only works on damp hair, which is a massive concern for me. I usually wash my hair at night and style in the morning.
    That's just me though.

Same, but a spray bottle like barbers use will sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My hair is thin enough and would be easy to damp.

I love the hairdryer, I'm home from gym and its dried in a minute, so am seriously tempted as I love their products.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's some price! :eek: £400 - it would want to work wonders. The marketing hype does make it sound tempting though!

Faith wrote: »
    It's some price! :eek: £400 - it would want to work wonders. The marketing hype does make it sound tempting though!

If it's as good as the dryer it'll be worth every penny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I must admit, I'm tempted!
    My hair is a disaster, I have an awful lot of it but it's very fine and frizz/static-prone so it doesn't do well with regular blow drying (plus I'm too lazy to spend my time on something that yields such mediocre results!) so it could work wonders for me - I love a good curly blowdry, which is kind of the effect the Dyson promises, and the smoothing brush looks great too from watching a few YouTube videos.
    I have had heated rotating brushes that kind of do the same thing but the lack of bristles which cause tangling and breakage, and the much lower risk of heat damage make the Dyson seem very attractive, despite the high price.
    Right now i have a Boots voucher and a One4All I earned by doing online surveys so if I saved up a few more like that I could maybe buy it this time next year :D
    I'd be slow to spend 'real' money on it just in case it ends up in the bottom of a drawer with all my other fails after a few uses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'd love to see a comparison betwen this and the babyliss wave secret, the other one is about a quarter of the price!

Dial Hard wrote: »

Absolutely.

Best 400 I ever spent. Saved me so much time.

Think I'm going to go for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I got one, but am keeping it until Christmas, if it's half as good as the advertising it'll be worth it. If you keep an eye out Boots offer €10 back for every €60 spent in store or €70 online as points on your Boots card, which helps mitigate the cost somewhat..

Said I was going to push the button and get it. The volume and style version.

None in boots and none in Dyson.

Guy on the stand in Liffey Valley told us next stock expected march

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Fair enough! I haven’t tried the dryer but I wonder if I have the wrong type of hair for it - fine and poker straight. A normal hair dryer gets my hair dry in about 5 minutes :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

For €400 it would want to get me up and dressed in the morning and wash my hair for me. That said, anyone I’ve seen use it has always had the most beautiful bouncy curls. I’d buy it if it was half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Tried it in Arnotts today. It was unreal!!! Loved it. Beautiful curly blow dry look in no time.

It's totally different to a normal curling tongs as you really just hold the hair to the wand and it wraps itself. I have the thickest hair so the lady said smooth and calming one would work for me. Am seriously tempted but would be so annoyed with myself if I spent 450 and didn't get 10 years of beautiful hair everyday out of it...

Any real world reviews and feedback for thick, kink/wave prone hair that usually needs to be dried and ghd'd to be presentable??! :pac:

anewme wrote: »
    Said I was going to push the button and get it. The volume and style version.

None in boots and none in Dyson.

They have them in Arnotts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Also in Brown Thomas on the top floor.

My hair is quite fine and wavy. Normal (old) Parlux dries my hair in under 5 mins so I don't see a time saving for the Dyson.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Tried it in Arnotts today. It was unreal!!! Loved it. Beautiful curly blow dry look in no time.

It's totally different to a normal curling tongs as you really just hold the hair to the wand and it wraps itself. I have the thickest hair so the lady said smooth and calming one would work for me. Am seriously tempted but would be so annoyed with myself if I spent 450 and didn't get 10 years of beautiful hair everyday out of it...

Any real world reviews and feedback for thick, kink/wave prone hair that usually needs to be dried and ghd'd to be presentable??! :pac:

I got it about 5 weeks ago. I have always been skeptical of Dyson products.

I love, love, love it. I've mid length hair passed my shoulder and a lot of it. It's frizzy and kinky. My hair holds a style but it's a bit lion King like if I don't give it a lot of time and attention when drying.

I can now dry my hair straight (not poker) from damp with the brush in 10min. That's a game changer. It's very presentable and sleek and I'm fussy. Before it would have taken about 30min and I would probably have gone over it with my ghd.

I can curl it in 30min. It normally takes me 30-40min to curl my hair from dry so curling it from wet in 30min is great for me. I find my hair is much softer since using it.

For me it's worth every penny, I can curl my hair today and will have some form of curls for 3 days :)

You also have 30 days to try it and if you are not 100% happy you get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

There are 3 different versions and I figure if I’m going to spend this much money I may as well pay the few quid more and get the one with all the tools (Airwrap Complete). The other 2 have different tools included in each.

My problem now is getting my hands on it... :( boooooo
    If anyone knows anywhere selling the Complete version Id appreciate the heads up....

HiGlo wrote: »
    There are 3 different versions and I figure if I’m going to spend this much money I may as well pay the few quid more and get the one with all the tools (Airwrap Complete). The other 2 have different tools included in each.

My problem now is getting my hands on it... :( boooooo
    If anyone knows anywhere selling the Complete version Id appreciate the heads up....
    I have had my name on their waiting list for nearly 2 months for the complete kit and no sign of it coming in. I gave up and got the smooth and control. I personally think they won't stock the complete anymore because they will get more money from selling the parts separately.

I have had my name on their waiting list for nearly 2 months for the complete kit and no sign of it coming in. I gave up and got the smooth and control. I personally think they won't stock the complete anymore because they will get more money from selling the parts separately.

2 months!!! eeeek! That’s such a shame! :(
    I only added my name to the list about 2 weeks ago! Wonder if I contacted them would i get a straight answer about whether it’ll be stocked again....... Might give it a bash, see what happens.

what are the chances of anywhere in UK having it? 🀔

I got it about 5 weeks ago. I have always been skeptical of Dyson products.

I love, love, love it. I've mid length hair passed my shoulder and a lot of it. It's frizzy and kinky. My hair holds a style but it's a bit lion King like if I don't give it a lot of time and attention when drying.

I can now dry my hair straight (not poker) from damp with the brush in 10min. That's a game changer. It's very presentable and sleek and I'm fussy. Before it would have taken about 30min and I would probably have gone over it with my ghd.

I can curl it in 30min. It normally takes me 30-40min to curl my hair from dry so curling it from wet in 30min is great for me. I find my hair is much softer since using it.

For me it's worth every penny, I can curl my hair today and will have some form of curls for 3 days :)

You also have 30 days to try it and if you are not 100% happy you get your money back.

Great to know thank you. Sounds like we have similar hair challenges 😂

Might tip me in favour.....!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

2 months!!! eeeek! That’s such a shame! :(
    I only added my name to the list about 2 weeks ago! Wonder if I contacted them would i get a straight answer about whether it’ll be stocked again....... Might give it a bash, see what happens.

what are the chances of anywhere in UK having it? 🀔

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/home-appliances/health-beauty/hair-stylers/dyson-airwrap-complete-hair-styler-nickel-fuchsia-10187264-pdt.html It’s available in curry’s. Also curry’s offer 10% back as part of Bank of Ireland/Ulsterbank/AIB rewards

ahayes84 wrote: »
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/home-appliances/health-beauty/hair-stylers/dyson-airwrap-complete-hair-styler-nickel-fuchsia-10187264-pdt.html It’s available in curry’s. Also curry’s offer 10% back as part of Bank of Ireland/Ulsterbank/AIB rewards

Damn. Never thought of curry's. Ah well.

On the 10% back, it's only for online orders that are paid for online, these have to be delivered. The dyson isn't available for home delivery so you can only click and collect which involves paying in store.

ahayes84 wrote: »

Damn. Never thought of curry's. Ah well.

On the 10% back, it's only for online orders that are paid for online, these have to be delivered. The dyson isn't available for home delivery so you can only click and collect which involves paying in store.

Can u not pay online and collect? 10% off would almost render it a bargain haha

Gave it a shot there but when you go through the process it shows up as unavailable then... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

anewme wrote:

My God! Someone out there has money.

I would love it but it would only sit in the press with all the other stuff I don't use. I was looking at this amazing Babyliss thing recently and only realised two days later I already have it

Can u not pay online and collect? 10% off would almost render it a bargain haha
    Nope. To collect it you pay in store. It would be a great saving if the 10% did apply, until its available for home delivery it won't work.

Just gave it a shot there on the Dyson website again and they seem to have the Complete back in stock..... :) Yaaaay

Buzzfeed reviewed it and their verdict was: worth every penny, buy now.

I'm going to go halves with my sister. We did the same thing with the dryer, which we'll probably flog once we get this.

Just gave it a shot there on the Dyson website again and they seem to have the Complete back in stock..... :) Yaaaay

Nice. Enjoy.
    Buzzfeed reviewed it and their verdict was: worth every penny, buy now.

I'm going to go halves with my sister. We did the same thing with the dryer, which we'll probably flog once we get this.
    I have to agree. Going halves with your sister is smart :) enjoy it.

Dealing with Dyson customer service is a dream.

• Advertisement

Anyone get a Christmas gift and care to review? 😀

Advertisement