Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Other Runners in Malahide

Options
  • 11-09-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Recently moved to the area with the gf, looking for running partners around the area. Dont know anybody from the area and finding it hard to settle in. would be great to meet some friends via running ability not hugely important but preferably aged 22 to 32 as im 25.

Pm me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Recently moved to the area with the gf, looking for running partners around the area. Dont know anybody from the area and finding it hard to settle in. would be great to meet some friends via running ability not hugely important but preferably aged 22 to 32 as im 25.

Pm me

If you don't already know it... a nice run is out the coast towards Portmarnock. I've since given up running but that is one I used to do a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Raam wrote: »
    If you don't already know it... a nice run is out the coast towards Portmarnock. I've since given up running but that is one I used to do a lot.
    thanks raam, im in robswall so out down to portmarnock and back is my normal route. generally do it 4 times a week sometimes twice in one nite if its a longer run. great scenic route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

aqua girl moved in there ,ill pm you next time we are out runnin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

I train there apx 4 times a week usually around the park .anything between 5m to 10miles.give me a shout if you wana join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Paddyontherun

What distances do you want to cover. A group of us meet every Sat/Sun. Training for the marathon at the mo. so doing slow 20 milers from Portmarnock through Malahide Santry and back. We also do short fast runs in the castle. We also have a few years on you but anyone is welcometo join in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

@ ultraman thanks that would be great

@ jinka, i ll give you pm monday or tues re a run. living in robswall so park would be great. 5 to 10 miles ideal too.

@ paddy - maybe let me know what you's have planned next sat or sunday and i ll meet you's. again thnks

thanks to everybody, this is what i hoped for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

cool,
    run there usually early evening 630-7min pace if that suits.
    Be good to get a few out especially coming into the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I know there are a crowd from clonliff run in the castle on sat and sunday mornings there used to be a crowd from portmarnock running there @10 am on thoese mornings too i'm not too sure if they still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

kennyb3 wrote: »

Pm me

Kenny -- I'm 33 :D and you can run with me (once I get rid of calf strain) whenever you like..... If you can't find anyone to run with there's some good restaurants and Smiths pub is full of old guys looking for a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Raam wrote: »

Raam is the ART forum ... do I suspect a cross over fom cycling....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

Hi all, similar question to OP - do any of these groups still run?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

comput1 wrote: »

Portmarnock AC are probably your best bet.

Singer wrote: »
    Portmarnock AC are probably your best bet.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

comput1 wrote: »

come to the parkrun on Saturday at 9.30 in the castle grounds and you will a) have fun on the day and b) get the opportunity to meet with loads of runners from Portmarnock AC and other local running groups

http://www.parkrun.ie/malahide/

eoinín wrote: »
    come to the parkrun on Saturday at 9.30 in the castle grounds and you will a) have fun on the day and b) get the opportunity to meet with loads of runners from Portmarnock AC and other local running groups

http://www.parkrun.ie/malahide/

Thanks Eoinín I do try to catch the Malahide Parkrun when I'm not working was just looking for a few runs in between to get me out of the house midweek!

Advertisement