Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite question

• 02-12-2018 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Totally illiterate when it comes to gaming, fortnite etc but my son is cracked about it. He's getting a PS4 Pro for Xmas but I was wondering is there anything fortnite worth buying, I know the game can be downloaded free but I see a few bits and bobs online, deep freeze and bomber royal...are these worth picking up...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

gary29428 wrote: »
    Totally illiterate when it comes to gaming, fortnite etc but my son is cracked about it. He's getting a PS4 Pro for Xmas but I was wondering is there anything fortnite worth buying, I know the game can be downloaded free but I see a few bits and bobs online, deep freeze and bomber royal...are these worth picking up...

Thanks in advance

Those are just skins and virtual currency.

The main game is Save the World. There's a founder's pack for that but that will be free next year. It's about 40 now but you get some bonus skins that you won't get next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You could ads some v bucks to his account and let him pick up various cosmetic items at his leisure. You should be able to get a vbucks voucher in smyths, or you could add them to his account with a credit card.

Another thing is that you have to Download the game, so you might wanna start up the PS4 sometime before Xmas and download it so it's ready to go Xmas morning. Depending on your net connection speed and how busy the PlayStation servers will be that morning you could be in for a very long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

You could ads some v bucks to his account and let him pick up various cosmetic items at his leisure. You should be able to get a vbucks voucher in smyths, or you could add them to his account with a credit card.

Another thing is that you have to Download the game, so you might wanna start up the PS4 sometime before Xmas and download it so it's ready to go Xmas morning. Depending on your net connection speed and how busy the PlayStation servers will be that morning you could be in for a very long wait

a vbucks voucher?

Never heard of them :confused: I plan on picking the nephew up a PSN gift card, from what i can find, they work for buying vbucks.. i hope... :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Thanks folks, appreciate the help and great advice to get it set up before the big day....Will get a few v-bucks as well.

Sorry , another question. He currently plays it on his Xbox, can he use his current xbox profile on the new ps4...Will be selling xbox. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    a vbucks voucher?

Never heard of them :confused: I plan on picking the nephew up a PSN gift card, from what i can find, they work for buying vbucks.. i hope... :o:pac:

Not sure to be honest. I walked into Smyths the other day and saw some kind of vouchers for Fortnite, some looked like skins but others like Vbucks voucher. I could be wrong as i only glanced at them
    gary29428 wrote: »
    Sorry , another question. He currently plays it on his Xbox, can he use his current xbox profile on the new ps4...Will be selling xbox. Thanks again.

He will have to make a new Playstation account to play online, but im pretty sure you can use the same Epic (Creators of Fortnite) account across all platforms. So if he has some Fortnite progress on the Xbox he can transfer it to the PS4

Great stuff folks...once again boards.ie to the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

He will have to make a new Playstation account to play online, but im pretty sure you can use the same Epic (Creators of Fortnite) account across all platforms. So if he has some Fortnite progress on the Xbox he can transfer it to the PS4

Pretty sure it's "he can transfer his Xbox account to PS4, but after that it's locked to PS4".

I.e. he'll never be able to transfer it back to Xbox nor to PC.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty sure Sony u-turned on that one a while ago now didn't they?

Advertisement