Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

13w +4 here
    Had my scan last Tues, due 21st
    Told kids Friday and all the family. No one called us crazy like we did :)
    Meeting with my consultant on Wed for the first time due to my son being 11lbs 12oz on my last pregnancy. I'll be monitored more closely this time which suits me grand.
    Next scan is Dec 14th. Can't wait to find out what we are having!!!!

Hubby is working away the last two weeks, and with school runs, homework, and the usual house **** to be done, plus nightmares from my 4yr old and missing dad from my 6 yrs old, it's been a long asssssss week. Cannot wait for him to get home tomorrow eve so I can check my self into bed early and alone for the night!!!!

Felt a few flutters this week too.. Apparently quite normal on number three although I was doubting it lol

Hope everyone's doing well

Where's everyone based? I'm in mayo and will be having baby in castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Hi All,

14 weeks today and although I'm so relived the nausea and exhaustion is beginning to lessen, its been replaced by worry now as its too early for movement so I feel like Im in limbo so have no reassurance everything is ok. Bump inflates/deflates on an hourly basis at this stage so thats no help! The only thing consistent is the hormones!

Im based in South KK and having numero uno in Waterford.

Had my first hos appt yesterday (first since scan)

I'm 14w4days

It was very early cuz they wanted me to meet with consultant to see did he want me in early (16 weeks) for glucose test as my last baby was huge (11lbs 12oz)

Turns out no, test at 24 weeks is fine

Such a wasted trip!!!

So I'm back to hos 14th Dec for a scan
    2nd Jan for glucose test
    30th Jan for antenatal appt

And sure go see your gp every four weeks in between

So I'll be 28w 3days next time I see a doc in the hos lol

Seems like years away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Oh it'll fly by!

Not back into my GP for another 2.5 weeks, anatomy scan is the beginning of December and next hospital appointment is the beginning of January. I think Christmas will help break things up a bit.

Iv myself in a little bit of a knot here at the moment. With No1 I felt movement around about this time (middle of 15th week). I * think * I'm feeling some movement this week but it's so faint and irregular that I don't actually know for definite. I know it means nothing, but it would be nice to feel something and be sure of it so I don't worry.

I'm 16 weeks today (Sunday) and don't think I've actually felt baby move yet either (number three)

Some possibles, but nothing definate.wish I did, might make me relax a bit!!!!

Also wish I looked more pregnant than "burger fat" lol
    Can't have it all I guess

Edit, I'm actually 17 weeks today.. My bad 🙄

• Advertisement

I'm 18 weeks since yesterday (Sunday). I had my first proper GP appointment today. Heard the little heartbeat!

Movement wise iv been feeling little flutters since late week 14/early week 15, but they are very slight and the little rascal has taken to hiding for days at a time over the last 2 weeks or so. It's the complete opposite of no 1, so I was a little unnerved about it, even though logically I knew it was all probably ok. GP said it's all normal and that they wouldn't worry till around 24 weeks when they would expect movement to be more regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi carleigh!
    Sorry in advance for the long post! I to am due April 2019! I have had two miscarriages in the past (never got to the 12 week mark)! So at 16+6 (yesterday) I noticed a slight bit of blood staining on wiping. Attended maternity services, they used the speculum and did a high vaginal swab, to which they told me I also have cervical erosion, which I had not heard of before. Baby and heartbeat was all okay on scan.I was sent home then and had fresh blood when passing, contacted maternity and advised me to come in, baby checked again and heartbeat okay! But I have been very worried since and still have slight blood stain when wiping! I’m hoping it could be down to this cervical erosion. Just wondering did your doctor explain much about this cervical erosion?

Hi carleigh!
    Sorry in advance for the long post! I to am due April 2019! I have had two miscarriages in the past (never got to the 12 week mark)! So at 16+6 (yesterday) I noticed a slight bit of blood staining on wiping. Attended maternity services, they used the speculum and did a high vaginal swab, to which they told me I also have cervical erosion, which I had not heard of before. Baby and heartbeat was all okay on scan.I was sent home then and had fresh blood when passing, contacted maternity and advised me to come in, baby checked again and heartbeat okay! But I have been very worried since and still have slight blood stain when wiping! I’m hoping it could be down to this cervical erosion. Just wondering did your doctor explain much about this cervical erosion?

As useless advice as it is, try not to worry! My sister has cervical erosion and really anything sets it off- but she’s explained it that the bleeding is coming from the vaginal end of the cervix rather than the uterus. She’s now happily 34 weeks pregnant and flying it.

I’m 17 weeks myself (we had both struggled to get pregnant and then...buses!) and had a good bit of bleeding from 11-14 but all settled now. If hospital aren’t worried, then hopefully it’ll pass, mind yourself x

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Hi Worriedmumtobe,

similar as TrixIrl said, the best advise it not to worry, easier said that done I know! I was diagnosed with cervical erosion during my last smear test. My GP just explained that they are cells that grow outside the cervix, we well as inside, and can sometime contribute to pain during and spotting after sex. She said the best cure for it is actually natural childbirth!

I've had a few instances of spotting, the most recently a few days before my 16 week scan and when I told the consultant in the hospital she said that unless I have any accompanying pain or need to use a pad (I've never needed to thankfully) then not to worry and try not to panic if I do see some spotting. I also now have an anterior placenta and apparently that can lead to spotting also, as can straining on the loo (which is happening to me a lot now :()

I'm over 19 weeks now and my next scan is at 22 weeks so I will just continue to monitor and try my best not to worry. Fingers crossed all continues to go well for you too :)

20 weeks today and was getting anxious that I wasn't having any movement (even though I know its still early) and its like a switch turned on today; shes been fluttering away all day and its just the best feeling in the world. Sitting here with a big gammy smile!!

Hope all going well ladies & bumps!

• Advertisement

Iv been feeling movements for quite a while now, but not strong or consistent. I know it's all normal, but it has me unnerved at the moment because I felt the toddler moving at 16 weeks on the button and she was always strong and consistent from that point onwards.

Have my anatomy scan next week at 21+6, nervous excitement when I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Hi Girls,

I had my anamoly Scan today, all fine thank god. I’m 22 weeks but am measuring ahead so looking like 22+2!

Feel so relieved after today. Hope yeres go well too x

Ah nice, its nice when you have it done and out of the way and have piece of mind that everything looks good. A couple of days won't make any difference at the end of the day. I think they allow up to a week in difference of dates. I know with my first there was 4 days in the difference (iirc). I went into labour on her due date and she was born 3 days later, a day before the second scan date.

Ah I can’t wait for my anatomy scan, it’s on the 13th so I’ll be 21+6 as well. It feels a bit like the last hurdle to get over before birth in a way, like if all goes week I’ll be able to properly relax!

Ya I'm the same! We don't have much to buy this time because we have most of it from our girl, but we do have to buy a car seat coz we borrowed it from a friend the last time. We came across a good deal online on Monday and bought it, great to get the deal, but part of me is a bit uneasy because we don't have the scan done yet. Stupid I know!

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ya I'm the same! We don't have much to buy this time because we have most of it from our girl, but we do have to buy a car seat coz we borrowed it from a friend the last time. We came across a good deal online on Monday and bought it, great to get the deal, but part of me is a bit uneasy because we don't have the scan done yet. Stupid I know!

We bought a travel system on Black Friday but I was too superstitious to put it through under my name so made himself order it instead. Like totally silly but yep just uneasy doing it pre-scan!

Hi everyone,

We had our anatomy scan this morning and all went fine thank God, I was so nervous the last few days. Spot on 22 weeks today and baby measuring exactly as they should. Went and did a little shopping afterwards and picked up a few things in Mothercare :)

Hope everyone is keeping well and happy.

carleigh wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We had our anatomy scan this morning and all went fine thank God, I was so nervous the last few days. Spot on 22 weeks today and baby measuring exactly as they should. Went and did a little shopping afterwards and picked up a few things in Mothercare :)

Hope everyone is keeping well and happy.

How long was your scan carleigh? Have heard the anatomy scan goes longer than the usual peek. Thanks.

TrixIrl wrote: »
    How long was your scan carleigh? Have heard the anatomy scan goes longer than the usual peek. Thanks.

TrixIrl I had mine Friday. Took about 15/20 mins. x

TrixIrl wrote: »

It was about 20 minutes for me aswell. It was nice not feeling rushed and getting to have a good long look at everything.

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies, mine is next Thursday now and I’m more excited about that than Christmas! We had a rocky start so have had a few one minute scans really early so it’s great to think we’ll have a proper look!

Mines Friday 14th. I'll be just shy of 22 weeks gone. Can't wait

Are ye all finding out the gender?

I've one of each already so not too bothered, but I still want to find out

Mines Friday 14th. I'll be just shy of 22 weeks gone. Can't wait

Are ye all finding out the gender?

I've one of each already so not too bothered, but I still want to find out

I didn’t anyway. It’s very tempting but it’s my first baby so I’m looking forward to the surprise!! Although my DH is convinced it’s a boy!

We've ours on Saturday, I'll be 22 weeks on Sunday. Nervously excited!

We're not finding out. The surprise is nice after everything that happens leading up to babies arrival. I have a gut feeling this one is a boy, but only time will tell!

I’ll be 21 weeks and 6 days. We found out the gender as a side effect of doing the NIPT at 11 weeks, having a little girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

We have our anatomy scan next Thursday, I'll be 23+2 then. We went for a gender scan at a boutique place in Cork at 18 weeks and we're having a little boy!

We had a load of scans at the beginning (fertility clinic, then the early pregnancy unit because it started as a twin pregnancy but we lost one at 8 weeks), so it's been crazy waiting so long between scans now after having them so frequently. Can't wait to see him again!

Ah, congrats to you both! Even though I loved the surprise with our first, I bet it's really nice actually knowing!

We had our anatomy scan on Saturday, everything looks good thankfully! I have a high anterior placenta this time around and bubs is currently in the breach position, which explains the movements i have been feeling (all have been really really low down) and the random disappearing acts in the earlier weeks. I don't think I'll have alien belly this time around because of the placenta position, which is a bit of a pity, but my ribs might be spared! My oldest was head down for weeks and she constantly punched me in the bladder and kicked me in the ribs!

I felt bubs kicking this morning with my hand which was a lovely surprise!

We had our anatomy/anomaly scan last week & all looks good so far which is great. Decided against finding out the gender this time, we did for our first (most people do it the other way around, surprise for the first & then they find out but we do everything backwards!!).
    I'm 22 weeks now, starting to feel the flutters more frequently which is good.

I have GD so another scan at 28 weeks and again at 32 weeks I think, just to check babys' size etc.
    It's beginning to look a lot like it's going to be a dry & treat free Christmas for me but as this is our last 'planned' baby then it's not too big a sacrifice. As long as all is good come April that's all I care about!

I have my GD test first thing on the 2nd January.... We're going to my husband's uncles house for new year's and they always have a big thing with lots of goodies.....

I'm kind of raging coz with my first I had it the Tuesday morning after the may bank holiday weekend :-(

• Advertisement

ouch that's not a good date to have it :(

Did you have GD on your first? I'm guessing not if they are only checking you at usual time in this pregnancy. You'll be grand I'm sure. Try to drink plenty of water the day before.

The biggest pain of it all is that you have to pay for all your gd supplies - because I was checked at 14 weeks this time around, it means it's going to cost me around 500 euro to monitor it. Very disappointing that the government decided in 2013 that ladies with gestational diabetes didn't deserve support during this time. It's to do with the hormones that baby fires out, not sitting down eating chocolate.
    Frustrating but all will be worth it once baby is alright.

Advertisement