Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

vrt blind test?

• 28-11-2018 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Brought a 1986 car in for vrt today. Left, and they said i'd be contacted within 10 working days regards a "blind test" to prove it is 30 years old...
    Whats this?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I've no idea.

But if they said "blind test" to me, I would of enquired as to what was involved. Give them a call on (01) 4135994, it might be quicker.

One could only concluded on the limited information you've given is that their either routinely do this every so often or for some reason have doubts about the age of the vehicle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Blind Test would concor with the guy that checked my import,
    he argued that my VW Fastback was actually an Alfa Romeo on his system,

so he obvious didn,t have a clue what he was looking at, despite the big
    VW emblem:P

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

they want to be sure its over 30 years old. would seem they don't trust the nct for this. probably also due to it being a porsche that they think is valuable, when its only a 924 and isn't.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

slipperyox wrote: »
    probably also due to it being a porsche that they think is valuable, when its only a 924 and isn't.
    116.jpg

Advertisement