Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

Yeah guys im not sure on the last proposed trade... I am open to advice and will think on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Yeah guys im not sure on the last proposed trade... I am open to advice and will think on it....

In what way? The Olsen trade?

I'm not involved in the trade. And I don't think anyone is sad enough to 'collude' in a free league, ergo no veto should even be considered, whether you like the trade or not

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think Olsen is clearly the stronger side of the trade. But it is a TE for a TE+. People should be entitled to form their own opinions on the value of players and the needs of their rosters within reason. I don't think this trade is indicative of collusion or is so fundamentally imbalanced that it threatens the integrity of the league. So I wouldn't be looking to veto it.

Fair play to the Claymakers for looking to get involved and improve their roster, and not giving up.

Well 137 points wasn't enough to get the win this week and I'm running on fumes to make the playoffs now. Need to win out and hope for an increasingly unlikely combo of results elsewhere!

need to run the gauntlet myself but so far so good! Long as Bell doesn't show in the next 3 hours that is!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well 137 points wasn't enough to get the win this week and I'm running on fumes to make the playoffs now. Need to win out and hope for an increasingly unlikely combo of results elsewhere!

• Advertisement

Cheers for taking part this season to all! A few results to go before we have all our playoff spots been a competitive league!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Thanks for organising Jason...very interesting last week ahead
    You could do me a favour this week too ;)

Some score you've got there too...just been unlucky with the matchups...playoffs though

I'm getting battered in my other league

I'm win and in, in 2 leagues..... seriously started 0-4 in all my leagues currently in the playoffs in all of them but we will see! Yeah there is an argument for highest scoring team not in the playoffs getting the last playoff spot going around and If I don't make the playoffs I may be looking for a league with that setting next year haha!

GK1001 wrote: »
    Thanks for organising Jason...very interesting last week ahead
    You could do me a favour this week too ;)

Some score you've got there too...just been unlucky with the matchups...playoffs though

I'm getting battered in my other league

By the looks of it myself and Aiden got in to the playoffs by the skin of our teeth! I thought I was done going to bed and considering the Hunt crap finished me off in my Dynasty and vikes shat the bed! I was feeling pretty blue!

And you did me that favour ;)
    The divisions ended up being quite different. Looks like 7-6 will win it for Aidan and get the bye. Then it will ptentially go down to pts on the last playoff spot between Keith and Sean...though looks very likely to be Keith going into tonights game

• Advertisement

Pretty sure the same happened last year with 1 division putting through most of the playoff teams and the other just limping in. strange how that happens! how did you do in your other leagues? I am in the playoffs in all my leagues but only competitive in this and my auction.... my dynasty will be one and done unless something strange happens!
    And you did me that favour ;)
    The divisions ended up being quite different. Looks like 7-6 will win it for Aidan and get the bye. Then it will ptentially go down to pts on the last playoff spot between Keith and Sean...though looks very likely to be Keith going into tonights game

Ah absolute garbage in the other one. Thought I had a good draft but it went badly from there.
    OBJ as my #1 pick and then had to watch the worst QB in the league ruin him for the year for the mostpart.
    Devonta Freeman as pick no.2 obv out with injury and then just couldn't get any good trades going.
    TY & Lamar Miller at 3 & 4 didn't get going this year either and you need some of those 3-6 round picks to break out

Ugh tough! I actually felt confident in my dynasty of making the finals until the friday tmz video left me with Chubb as my only starting running back! also lost dalton and stafford.... well he has been crap! Dynasty is a cruel mistress! the other league was an auction (highly recommend doing one by the way was a lot of fun) so I have the 2nd place in that and the bye!

I don't know about freeman going forward! I think he might be just one of those players who keeps getting injured... coleman done himself no favours in free agency anyway!

Ah absolute garbage in the other one. Thought I had a good draft but it went badly from there.
    OBJ as my #1 pick and then had to watch the worst QB in the league ruin him for the year for the mostpart.
    Devonta Freeman as pick no.2 obv out with injury and then just couldn't get any good trades going.
    TY & Lamar Miller at 3 & 4 didn't get going this year either and you need some of those 3-6 round picks to break out

7th, so no playoffs for me. 6th overall in points for so not a huge amount to complain about. Three of my first four picks in the draft (Gordon / McKinnon / Collins) suffered the injury bug to varying extents this year and Wilson / Burton didn't give me the edge at QB / TE I had hoped for. Somewhat annoying having started 3 - 0 but not a surprising outcome overall.

Best of luck to everyone playing off!

Hard luck Lloyd, no repeat for you this year but it's hard to do when the injury bug gets you!

7th, so no playoffs for me. 6th overall in points for so not a huge amount to complain about. Three of my first four picks in the draft (Gordon / McKinnon / Collins) suffered the injury bug to varying extents this year and Wilson / Burton didn't give me the edge at QB / TE I had hoped for. Somewhat annoying having started 3 - 0 but not a surprising outcome overall.

Best of luck to everyone playing off!

Padraig and Keith have an amazing winner take all match-up tonight Baldwin v Locket and who gets Rhodes closed. Currently Padraig has a 5 point lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

Padraig and Keith have an amazing winner take all match-up tonight Baldwin v Locket and who gets Rhodes closed. Currently Padraig has a 5 point lead.

Lost out in the end...killer having 2 inactives in the line-up. Had to gamble on them as I didn't have much to go with on the bench. Had a great run of it but not to be.

padmcv wrote: »
    Lost out in the end...killer having 2 inactives in the line-up. Had to gamble on them as I didn't have much to go with on the bench. Had a great run of it but not to be.
    Still Crazy close considering!

Congratulations to Dan Marino Waltzers (Gareth) and The Orange Organics (Aidan) for making the finals!

I particularly hate that it was a kicker that beat me so bad! but what can you do! Next season!

Best of luck tonight folks! Another random kicker haul of 20+ points will be nice!!! Sorry bout that Jason ;)

• Advertisement

Congratulations to Aidan on being league champion 2018! And a Happy Christmas to everyone else!

Well played Aidan. I just needed those 40 pts from Jared Cook... so close

Thanks again to Jason for organising

Not to worry! Hopefully we will have this going next season! good fun this year

Yes, much appreciation to the commish

So looks like that time of year again! are we rolling this league over for another season?

I’m in!!

I’m in!!
    Lloyd you degenerate! I love it! I have one guy from another league on here that wants in so thats 3 of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I'm going to pass gents! Took on too many last year... yes, there is such thing as 'too many' haha! Enjoy the season! If you need me to reactivate the league, transfer rights etc, just send me a PM. Might be easier setting up a new one tbh!

gerryfed wrote: »
    I'm going to pass gents! Took on too many last year... yes, there is such thing as 'too many' haha! Enjoy the season! If you need me to reactivate the league, transfer rights etc, just send me a PM. Might be easier setting up a new one tbh!
    Not to worry Gerry! and if you get the mid August itch we will still be here. I think I set up the NFL.com league when we migrated so that shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Im in if yer doing it!!

Advertisement