Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fortnite Help for Man in Red Please

Options
  • 26-11-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

So I am a bit clueless and thought what better place to come ... DS1 and DS2 both want Fortnite Save The World from the man in red ... I have Googled but cannot see where / how to buy this :confused: ... I can buy it on DSs account but because its from the big man I cant really do it this way ... is there a disc that I can buy??
    He plays it on the Xbox One and Switch.

DS2 wants it for the Switch also.

Also, how / where can I buy Vbucks?

Sorry - I'm clueless and lost on it all so any help appreciated!
    Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fortnite is free to play. so on console you can download it from any of the console stores. On PC you have to go through epics games own installer which you download from their site.

As for v-bucks, you can buy these in game, possibly from epics website as well. I'm not too sure about this.

If it's the battle pass they want you can buy it in game but pretty sure you can buy a code for this from any videogame store.

Save The World is the campaign game which is not free. It is called Fortnite - Standard Founder’s Pack

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah im looking to get my nephew it also, hes getting a PS4 for chrimbo, so im thinking the €50 PSN gift card will do the job. Hoping he can use it to get the save the world game and then some vbucks or battlepass with whats left. I just cant seem to find definite confirmation anywhere via google. Which is really fricking odd i must say :mad::(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Only wrote: »
    So I am a bit clueless and thought what better place to come ... DS1 and DS2 both want Fortnite Save The World from the man in red ... I have Googled but cannot see where / how to buy this :confused: ... I can buy it on DSs account but because its from the big man I cant really do it this way ... is there a disc that I can buy??
    He plays it on the Xbox One and Switch.

DS2 wants it for the Switch also.

Also, how / where can I buy Vbucks?

Sorry - I'm clueless and lost on it all so any help appreciated!
    Tia

Unfortunately Save the World isn't available on the Switch. You can buy it for the Xbox One though. You'll need the Fortnite Founders pack, this is a code which will unlock the full Save the World game. Unfortunately, there isn't a physical version you can buy, there's no game disk you can get, it's all download only.
    What you can do though is buy a digital code from Smyth's by going to this webpage: https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/xbox-one-digital-downloads/xbox-one-games-and-games-add-ons/fortnite-deluxe-founder-s-pack-xbox-one-digital-download-/p/602753
    Once you complete the purchase, Smyth's will email you a code for the Founders pack, which you can print off and maybe glitz up with some Fortnite stickers or make a box to put it in or hide it in the pocket of a Fortnite hoodie or something!
    You also can't buy vBucks physically but again, you can buy Xbox game cards that can be redeemed on the Xbox for credit. This credit can then be used to buy vBucks in the game itself.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/xbox-one-digital-downloads/xbox-one-wallet-top-ups/c/SM0604400201

You can also buy game cards for the Switch, which act the same way, redeem them on the Nintendo eShop on the Switch, it adds credit to their account and which they can use to buy VBucks in Fortnite itself.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=eshop

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Buy it and put it in a card with Funko Pop Skull Trooper.

Or get creative and make a cover for it ? << This would look better but it is still only contain a code.

220px-Fortnite_cover_art%28PC%29.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Didn't the creators say numerous times that Save the World was going to be free in 2018?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spin them something about Santa and the elves not being able to access digital stores as there's no internet in the north pole. Tell them that's why you have to send a physical letter.

That way Santa can pick up a XBL/Nintendo gift card for them.

(Or get the codes from smyths like mentioned above :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Doff wrote: »
    Didn't the creators say numerous times that Save the World was going to be free in 2018?

I can see this going down well on Christmas morning:

“Well son/daughter, some rando online told me that it was going to be free soon so I cheaped out and got you Lee Carvallo’s putting challenge, enjoy now. I’m sure this pack will be free anytime now”.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks a million Guys!!! Really appreciate the explaination .... I had Googled until I was blue looking for it ... So for the XBox One I can buy the Code via Smyths and a Gift Card for the Vbucks.
    Just to clarify - Save the World isn't available at all for the Switch???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what's a DS1 and a DS2 - the only thing I can think of is Nintendo DS... :confused:

It does appear that Save the World isn't on the Switch at all, only on the beefier machines. They're definitely missing a trick by not offering some manner of physical sale item for this stuff, but I guess they'll expect people to simply put their credit card details into the machine and hope they make a fortune in unexpected/unauthorised spending :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what's a DS1 and a DS2 - the only thing I can think of is Nintendo DS... :confused:

It does appear that Save the World isn't on the Switch at all, only on the beefier machines. They're definitely missing a trick by not offering some manner of physical sale item for this stuff, but I guess they'll expect people to simply put their credit card details into the machine and hope they make a fortune in unexpected/unauthorised spending :D

Pretty sure DS means "Dear Son". That's what Google told me. I thought OP meant Dark Souls at first so was very confused.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh, that's that Mumsnet shite "Darling Son" and "Darling Daughter" etc - we don't do that nonsense here OP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Shiminay wrote: »

I wanted to know as well. Thought it was Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 at first and then that didn't fit.

Edit saw the above replys. Jesus people don't actually refer to their kids that way do they :confused: I was just called a little sh*t when I was younger :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ban your children from Fortnite and get them Dark Souls. It's on the switch. then ban them from any other game until they finish it.

They'll emerge as fully developed men with hairy chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

:D:D:D .. DS is just a short way of typing the Game Addicted Young Wans lol ... Lifes too short to be typing it in full ... didnt realise I was going to confuse issues :p ... Thanks all!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kid is only three letters. Child is only four. No need for the initialism.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

I can see this going down well on Christmas morning:

“Well son/daughter, some rando online told me that it was going to be free soon so I cheaped out and got you Lee Carvallo’s putting challenge, enjoy now. I’m sure this pack will be free anytime now”.

Not sure why you're acting the c**t about it, just trying to save the chap some money in case he buys it and then it becomes free when the latest season ends in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hardly being a c**t :rolleyes:, would you have like your parents risk something like this when you're younger?

Advertisement