Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bealch Na Gaoithe estate in Tuam?

• 21-11-2018 5:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭

Anyone know what the Bealch Na Gaoithe estate in Tuam is like? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jsykc

Tuam is awful, avoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

jsykc wrote: »
    Tuam is awful, avoid.

Have you lived there?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

And there you have the standard response. Tuam is a lovely town with lots to offer and more on the way.

This is a standard response from people who look at the world from the glass half empty side.

Disregard and look for yourself. The estate you are asking about looks nice but go and see and ask a few locals by knocking on doors. For the money it takes to buy a house you shouldn't be afraid to ask in person.

Have you lived there?

I’ve spent a lot of time there and it would put anyone off living there.

• Advertisement

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    And there you have the standard response. Tuam is a lovely town with lots to offer and more on the way.

This is a standard response from people who look at the world from the glass half empty side.

Disregard and look for yourself. The estate you are asking about looks nice but go and see and ask a few locals by knocking on doors. For the money it takes to buy a house you shouldn't be afraid to ask in person.
    So basically people should just ignore the abundance of problems that this town has and focus on the one or two good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back on topic, the estate at hand.

Opinions on town itself can be dealt with in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Have you lived there?

Willie, I moved to the area in 2005 an have had Zero issues. Great town, however again you should look for yourself.

Main questions are is the estate completed and taken in charge by the council, is there any anti-social activity.
    The estate itself is outside the town so be mindful of that.
    Big plus is that it's next to Lidl and motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tuam is one of my preferred towns in Galway, granted the bar is very low, Galway has pretty dismal towns, mayo has better.

My sister has lived there for 5+ years. It's mostly (maybe all) regular familys living there, her neighbors are all friendly etc. Stayed there plenty of weekends and never heard or seen anything anti-social.

• Advertisement

My sister has lived there for 5+ years. It's mostly (maybe all) regular familys living there, her neighbors are all friendly etc. Stayed there plenty of weekends and never heard or seen anything anti-social.

Thanks

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Willie, I moved to the area in 2005 an have had Zero issues. Great town, however again you should look for yourself.

Main questions are is the estate completed and taken in charge by the council, is there any anti-social activity.
    The estate itself is outside the town so be mindful of that.
    Big plus is that it's next to Lidl and motorway.

Thanks for the reply

Advertisement