Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW13 Captain poll

• 21-11-2018 12:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On Aguero at the moment, but not too convinced.

GW13 Captain? 167 votes

Richarlison(CAR)
    0% 0 votes
    Mitrovic(SOU)
    28% 48 votes
    Ings(ful)
    0% 1 vote
    Martial(CRY)
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku(Fit?(CRY))
    4% 7 votes
    Mane(wat)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(wat)
    2% 4 votes
    Arnautovic(MCI)
    19% 33 votes
    Aguero(whm)
    0% 1 vote
    Sterling(whm)
    37% 63 votes
    Kane(CHE)
    2% 4 votes
    Hazard(tot)
    0% 0 votes
    Aubameyang(bou)
    2% 5 votes
    Other(mention in thread)
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ricky. Doherty probably VC if I get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Taking a punt on Ricky. Haz vc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am glad to see I have not gone crazy
    Having said that Mitro is my VC!

I am a sucker for a bad boy it seems
    I have not captained Arnie yet though
    That will be happening over xmas no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Aguero's my vote but if Ricky stays the most popular choice I might switch to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whoever voted Mane needs to have their head examined, he’s so unpredictable

Martial for me, there’s not a great choice IMO, Sterling probably VC over Ricki or Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

My plan up until now has been to let the masses decide by going with the highest place player I have in this poll and the FFS poll.

Usually that prevents me from going with a left field choice but this week Ricky is ahead in both. I'm much more tempted to stick with Salah.

If Salah fails to deliver I'm probably a lot more likely to ship him out of bitterness if I ruins my captaincy streak which could be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »

Martial for me, there’s not a great choice IMO, Sterling probably VC over Ricki or Doherty

Martial is just as unpredictable as Mane imo, he hasn't proved he's consistent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Green&Red wrote: »

Martial is just as unpredictable as Mane imo, he hasn't proved he's consistent yet.
    Scoring 5 games in a row is pretty consistent

bantee wrote: »
    Scoring 5 games in a row is pretty consistent

His conversion rate is an unsustainable 44%, similar to Mane at the beginning of the season. His stats aren't great either when you take a closer look. I won't be getting him in but good luck to anyone who does.

• Advertisement

• Easy choice.

Aguero. Two weeks rest had.

West Ham have managed just one clean sheet all season.

As a non owner though I’ll be going for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

His conversion rate is an unsustainable 44%, similar to Mane at the beginning of the season. His stats aren't great either when you take a closer look. I won't be getting him in but good luck to anyone who does.

I don't have the stats, but I'm guessing the same could have been said about Suarez a few years ago or Salah last season?

At what stage would you get him in - if he scored 4 goals in next 3 games?

I still think Martial is a bit of a trap, similar to Barkley a few weeks ago, and I'm a United fan. Maybe there is some bias sneaking into my decision but I'm not so sure.

In saying that I'm tempted to bring him in this week as I have Mendy money to burn and there is no value in mid priced mids but there is no way I'd be captaining him.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't have the stats, but I'm guessing the same could have been said about Suarez a few years ago or Salah last season?

At what stage would you get him in - if he scored 4 goals in next 3 games?

Salah and Suarez weren't overperforming though. Salah had a conversion rate of 22% last season, not sure about Suarez. Martial has had very few chances as United have no creativity. His minute per chance is 43 minutes which isn't great. As SMB said, I think he's a trap like Barkley.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I still think Martial is a bit of a trap, similar to Barkley a few weeks ago, and I'm a United fan. Maybe there is some bias sneaking into my decision but I'm not so sure.

In saying that I'm tempted to bring him in this week as I have Mendy money to burn and there is no value in mid priced mids but there is no way I'd be captaining him.

I agree with every bit of this
    I will prob end up not bringing him in as I’ll more than likely be betting hazard the following week anyway

km79 wrote: »
    I agree with every bit of this
    I will prob end up not bringing him in as I’ll more than likely be betting hazard the following week anyway
    I considered by him after his first haul a few weeks ago but I saw it as a gamble. Turns out its a gamble that's paid of in the short term but hesitant to get on board as I still think its a risky move.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aguero or Salah.

Leaning towards Kun, but i've a feeling about Salah for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You’re probably right, I’ve moved it to Sterling, who is super consistent, returns in 70% of his starts this year and the two he didn’t start in he remained on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Damn my fat fingers.
    Clicked on Arnie instead of Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Spurs missing most of their defence this weekend. Hazard could be a great differential. Evening kick off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭budgemook

Any love for Mitrovic? New manager bounce, playing Southampton. Remember how Vardy was in that season under Ranieri.

budgemook wrote: »
    Any love for Mitrovic? New manager bounce, playing Southampton. Remember how Vardy was in that season under Ranieri.

He is my VC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really torn between Aguero and Salah.

Definitely the hardest captaincy choice of the season, yet with the aforementioned only playing West Ham and Watford away that tells us how many strong captaincy options we have had so far this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

In Salah we trust.

Going with Salah, never like going into a week with the top 3/4 options in my team as a part of me will be a little bitter should Richarlison or Aguero go on a rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Richarlison for me

Sticking with Ricky. Going Salah in the Sky game (one of the benefits of playing both being you can play the field with your captains :D :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Didn't Salah score 5 goals against Watford in the league last year?

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Didn't Salah score 5 goals against Watford in the league last year?

Correct. One goal away from home. Then 4 goals and an assist in the home game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Richarlison was what I had in mind from early in the week.

He is now leading the FFScout poll as well, so I don't see myself changing.

Advertisement