Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Not sure if ye know.. Type DIM in google. Destiny Inventory manager.
    Just alt tab when you want to move stuff around between vault/other characters.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You can use the app to manage stuff between characters too, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thunderlord doesn't show up on the app for me. Plenty of panic when I logged on and it wasn't where it was supposed to be.

Aye thunderlord on the website is just a greyed out box for me. probably needs to update the site as its a new weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Escalation on Mars is quite hard, you probably need 6 players to do it.

Had to complete 10 levels for an exotic and just did 1 level fast traveled to the south rinse and repeat.

Have yet to complete one due to lack of players, they are fun tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Not sure if ye know.. Type DIM in google. Destiny Inventory manager.
    Just alt tab when you want to move stuff around between vault/other characters.

Ishtar Commander fro IOS / Android is brilliant bit of software if you don't / can't have a PC / Laptop next to you.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thunderlord doesn't show up on the app for me. Plenty of panic when I logged on and it wasn't where it was supposed to be.
    ewj1978 wrote: »
    Aye thunderlord on the website is just a greyed out box for me. probably needs to update the site as its a new weapon.

I'd say Thunderlord is still a 'secret' asset in the Bungie API. May not become visible until Black Armoury is released.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Escalation on Mars is quite hard, you probably need 6 players to do it.

Had to complete 10 levels for an exotic and just did 1 level fast traveled to the south rinse and repeat.

Have yet to complete one due to lack of players, they are fun tho.

Yeah it's a good laugh. 6, maybe 5, would be the minimum for most groups. It's just a little bit of a pain to get 6 mates into the same instance. The only downside is the weapon drops are not guaranteed. It's all RNG. The armnour looks boss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I did the escalation thingy with randoms yesterday as I really want the shotgun. Of course I got the sniper. It's lengthy enough to get to round 7. They started again at round 6 but I was too burned out to try again.
    Where do you get the key for the chest. Not that it mattered by the time I sorted out my stuff it had disappeared.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was playing Fashion Frame this weekend :P

466416.png
    (Prodigal armour set with a shiny shader - has a bit of a blinged out Warmachine look to it :D).

Did a lot of bounties for The Spider and a lot of things that required time in the EDZ, so got my full suit of armour from Devrim. Also did the first mission on Mercury and now have to go back to the EDZ to progress that. And then of course, did a nice few Strikes with friends which were good fun and a nice challenge. It's a bit of a slog to get yourself up past the 505 power level - lots of waiting for the right drops and buying Enhancement cores from Spider.

Yeah it's a good laugh. 6, maybe 5, would be the minimum for most groups. It's just a little bit of a pain to get 6 mates into the same instance. The only downside is the weapon drops are not guaranteed. It's all RNG. The armnour looks boss though.

How can you instance players together, we are stuck at 4 now and those escalations would do until we can get a 5/6 to try a raid.

How can you instance players together, we are stuck at 4 now and those escalations would do until we can get a 5/6 to try a raid.

Have everyone spawn in to the same location solo. Once you get 2 people into the same instance, get the other 2 to join on them.

We've done it with 8 on PS. All 8 spawning in hoping to get 3 into the same instance and then everyone else joining on them asap to lock out the instance. Any blueberries spawning in can cause issues as each instance only holds 9 players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,633 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have everyone spawn in to the same location solo. Once you get 2 people into the same instance, get the other 2 to join on them.

We've done it with 8 on PS. All 8 spawning in hoping to get 3 into the same instance and then everyone else joining on them asap to lock out the instance. Any blueberries spawning in can cause issues as each instance only holds 9 players

No need to go back to orbit either. Just have one guy stay in the same spot and have everyone else run from on "loading" area to him.

Silent Fang with 2 510 players was literally the hardest thing I ever did in this game, did it without both us dying at the same time tho ***************************************************************

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Silent Fang with 2 510 players was literally the hardest thing I ever did in this game, did it without both us dying at the same time tho ***************************************************************

Just wait till you get to the shattered throne or the special version of the corrupted strike for malfesance:P

Whisper of the Worm mission too,another tough one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

EoinHef wrote: »
    the special version of the corrupted strike for malfesance:P

That's.. Interesting to complete. Shielded everything, everywhere.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just wait till you get to the shattered throne or the special version of the corrupted strike for malfesance:P

Whisper of the Worm mission too,another tough one!!

Halp!!!1

kdjac#2529 on blizzard

Halp!!!1

kdjac#2529 on blizzard

Those missions i mentioned are currently the hardest stuff ive come across. Ive still to complete them myself. Mates i play with on console are either s***e or hopelessly under levelled.

Ill add ye next time im on,only at the start of forsaken on PC with a light level of 505 but shouldnt take too long to get up to speed.

Be on this weekend hopefully. Would love to try for the whisper of the worm. Getting a bit sick of the sleeper and on PC with no recoil id imagine whisper is godly.

The polaris lance from mars would be handy to have for the whisper mission. Nascent dawn quest on mars

We have 2 players or 4 ........rarely 3 and never 6.

We just tried the Odynom(585) in a 530 mission which we possibly could have finished.

Should have left him alone :D

/ I need to do a part of the raid to get my polaris kills with basically infinite spawning Phalanxs to get the 50 kills. Its a grind worthy of the Vette otherwise!!!

Cool,if im on and theres a spot ill jump in.

Yup,least with the polaris its a straight up grind with no RnG though.

Im on step 3 i think on PC,got a bit done while doing the sleeper quest.

for the polaris just go to the old raid. Go to the main area and just pop cabal... Took me about an hour as I'd constantly miss time the last shot and kill feckers with the explosion rather than them burning out... you want to wound them a few down to low health and then pop a full one in the head with the polaris. the blast should kill the lads around him.

Will try the raid im also stuck on Drang, i have committed genocide vs powerful fallen on Nessus with the Drang and I am on 4/10 for months now.

• Advertisement

Spent 45 minutes, at the old raid, getting the fighting lion maxed out last night. Goddamn thing is a beast with the quick reload.

4 hours last night with 5 others (3 noobs me inc) and 3 who vaguley recalled the raid.

Gave up due to time on Calus...

If its just kills don't actually run the raid.. Just go into the main area and cabal spawn every few seconds. Don't actually start anything.

4 hours last night with 5 others (3 noobs me inc) and 3 who vaguley recalled the raid.

Gave up due to time on Calus...

Calus can be a bit of an ass even with people who know the encounter. It just seems to be more prone to bugging out than others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Glad to see this coming to Steam finally. Should bring in a fair number of players (along with the f2p change).

Kiith wrote: »
    Glad to see this coming to Steam finally. Should bring in a fair number of players (along with the f2p change).

I'm genuinely curious as to why the game being on steam makes such a big difference to player numbers. It's always bandied about with games, that "If only it was on Steam". I mean, I've games on most, if not all of the Launchers, and not once have I wished for everything to be under one. I would have thought the F2P model would be the bigger draw than ohmygodsteamrules.

Well just because steam has a bigger audience than battle.net,the game will be more visible to more people. I presume thats what Kiith meant anyway.

Battle.net has always been kinda niche,as in it only had blizzard games till pretty recently.

I never bothered with the forges, are the possible in SP? I am 630ish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I never bothered with the forges, are the possible in SP? I am 630ish now.

Nigh impossible. But they're matchmade anyway.

• Advertisement

Volunder is the forge thats the most difficult to get other players to joining matchmaking from the ones ive done so far.

You still looking dreamers? Ill jump on and give you a dig out

Advertisement