Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is the GDPR being used to hide theft?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

You said the same thing in 2017!

Only because people kept asking when, as if that mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

... and yet nobody has bothered to counter check. Hypocrisy abounds.
    I counter-checked, and posted the correct information in post #18.

Your abject apology will be accepted, provided it is accompanied by a firm purpose of amendment.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,981 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

... and yet nobody has bothered to counter check. Hypocrisy abounds.

How do you prove something doesn't exist?

You made a wildly wrong statement, be man enough to admit it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I would like to think so but when you look several moves ahead, the outcome would appear to be different.

Say wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Only because people kept asking when, as if that mattered.

But youbhave been doing the same for nigh onn5 years! Even a broken clock is eventually right and then I'm sure you will be in here screaming "I told you so!"

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Say wha?

How common!

How common!

what are you on about?

But youbhave been doing the same for nigh onn5 years! Even a broken clock is eventually right and then I'm sure you will be in here screaming "I told you so!"

I would certainly not say "I told you so" at least not for the purpose of gloating. The whole point of expressing the view that the next recession will be the worst in human history is to alert people to the danger. Not much point in doing that after the event.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    I counter-checked, and posted the correct information in post #18.

Well I heard different.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    what are you on about?

You failed to pronounce the t.

• Advertisement

I would certainly not say "I told you so" at least not for the purpose of gloating. The whole point of expressing the view that the next recession will be the worst in human history is to alert people to the danger.

Do you think so little of posters that you feel we need to be warned by you every couple of weeks of the dangers of a recession/depression?

You failed to pronounce the t.

well tha sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Well I heard different.
    The voices in your head are not your friends, realitykeeper.

Do you think so little of posters that you feel we need to be warned by you every couple of weeks of the dangers of a recession/depression?

There does seem to be a general resistance to the concerns I share. As long as the danger is ignored, I would feel a moral obligation to point it out. Ok my motives are not entirely selfless. The last recession resulted in tens of billions in other people`s debt imposed upon me and one was not amused. I would prefer if others people`s mistakes (often exacerbated by greed) were not made my problem again, in the future.

There does seem to be a general resistance to the concerns I share. As long as the danger is ignored, I would feel a moral obligation to point it out.

You don't though, you make (wrong) predictions every couple of months, it's not a "resistance" to your concerns it's more along the lines if apathy, people know there will be another recession sometime in the future simply because thats the pitfalls of capitalism.

Ok my motives are not entirely selfless. The last recession resulted in tens of billions in other people`s debt imposed upon me and one was not amused. I would prefer if others people`s mistakes (often exacerbated my greed) were not made my problem again, in the future.

You would need to move to another planet fot this to happen for you.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    The voices in your head are not your friends, realitykeeper.

I have never taken drugs. Serious question, (open to anyone): These voices, are they one way only? I mean if you asked a question, would they answer? I`ve heard news stories about people saying they killed someone or some such action because the devil told them. Could they not have said "no"? My theory is that there is a part of the brain that acts as an interface between this world and the spirit world. Certain things can activate this normally dormant part of the brain, drugs being one, near death another. Medics assume this is an entirely physical phenomenon but perhaps satanic and divine spirits, not being confined to physical form can influence our thoughts, the thoughts of medics included.

I think it is healthy to question everything with the understanding that influences are not exclusive to the world around us but also subject to an internal battle between good and evil. The forces of evil thrive on confusion while the forces of good attempt to find understanding on what is clearly good and what is clearly evil. Judaism and Zorostrianism are strong on these concepts.

I have never taken drugs. Serious question, (open to anyone): These voices, are they one way only? I mean if you asked a question, would they answer? I`ve heard news stories about people saying they killed someone or some such action because the devil told them. Could they not have said "no"? My theory is that there is a part of the brain that acts as an interface between this world and the spirit world. Certain things can activate this normally dormant part of the brain, drugs being one, near death another. Medics assume this is an entirely physical phenomenon but perhaps satanic and divine spirits, not being confined to physical form can influence our thoughts, the thoughts of medics included.

I think it is healthy to question everything with the understanding that influences are not exclusive to the world around us but also subject to an internal battle between good and evil. The forces of evil thrive on confusion while the forces of good attempt to find understanding on what is clearly good and what is clearly evil. Judaism and Zorostrianism are strong on these concepts.

Well that explains a lot!

Well that explains a lot!

Can you elaborate?

Can you elaborate?

No need, everyone else knows what i mean

No need, everyone else knows what i mean

Evidently not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement