Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for ideas for sourcing chess sets for schools

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

The ICU sells clocks and sets at cost price - contact me at chairperson@icu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

How many sets do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Amazon.co.uk good for stuff like that also- I can see clocks there for about 15 pounds.

Allow for getting charged for customs from China - don’t request express postage as DHL customs charges are more expensive than normal post.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Order them 2 sets at a time and you won't be charged import duties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks guys.
    Don't know re sets: are 6 schools, need to see what level of interest there is and how they will be funded.
    Am looking at a mix of say a fiver from each student, sponsorship and some from the school

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Some woodworking classes, either in your target schools or other schools, might be willing to make them for free/cover expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks for all the feedback and the PMs

Making good progress.

Is there any software out there that will allow me make up examples of games that teach specific points?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement