Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taxing my new classic online

Options
  • 11-11-2018 10:45pm

If I do a change of ownership (in the tax office) can I tax it online after?
    wont be taking it out till feb/march and dont fancy going back in.
    it hasnt been taxed since 2000 :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

If you SORD it from the 1st of November for 3months then you will get a renewal in the post and can tax it on line from 1st of February.

hi5 wrote: »
    If you SORD it from the 1st of November for 3months then you will get a renewal in the post and can tax it on line from 1st of February.

Can I tax it in the office without insurance?
    Its only 54 quid or so,dont mind losing the few months to save me going back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

you need an insurance policy number and insurer name on the form, regardless of doing it online or in the office

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Testacalda wrote: »
    you need an insurance policy number and insurer name on the form, regardless of doing it online or in the office

You can put anything you like in there because they can't verify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

yes you can, but don't forget the SORD or you'll be paying the tax back to the date of change of ownership. Why don't you just wait until feb/mar to change the ownership if the seller is agreeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

They will be able to tax it there and then in the tax office, I did a transfer of ownership a few weeks ago and taxed it at the same time.

You can put anything you like in there because they can't verify.

Ah grand,
    I've no problem using a random number .
    I was thinking they would ask to see paperwork if I do it in person.
    I'll do that so.
    Thanks for the info

Edit- I dont want to sorn it as it will need to be moved a few times between now and feb

Advertisement