Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 13 transfer thread

• 10-11-2018 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

Will hold off until after the internationals, but Murray is one I'm bitterly regretting. I'm preparing to bitterly regret Mitrovic tomorrow afternoon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wildy activated

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ings to Jimenez possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Will hold off until after the internationals, but Murray is one I'm bitterly regretting. I'm preparing to bitterly regret Mitrovic tomorrow afternoon

Same plan , ideally won't even look at it till the Friday before to avoid temptation.

I want Richardson and maybe ditch Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Losing my patience with Vardy
    Rondon, Jimenez,Arnie.........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Likely Ings to Jiminez if he's out. Might break up RAM and take a punt on Yerry Mina if he comes through the int break. Cardiff, Newcastle and Watford at home in the next 4 while Robertson has three away games in 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Likely Ings to Jiminez if he's out. Might break up RAM and take a punt on Yery Mina if he comes through the int break. Cardiff, Newcastle and Watford at home in the next 4 while Robertson has three away games in 4.

Robertson is the most vulnerable of RAM for me too, if I do end up dropping one

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The question then is whether to drop him for another Pool defender or go for someone else... I fancy going for a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Change him to Bellerin.
    BAM!

The question then is whether to drop him for another Pool defender or go for someone else... I fancy going for a differential.

I don't really like Liverpool's run (that might be the pessimistic Liverpool fan in me)

I don't see many easy clean sheets in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Wilson’s fixtures not looking great for a few games so might transfer him out for Jiminez or Rashford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The plan is to bank at the current moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Right. Change of plan. Might need a Trippier replacement :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

bantee wrote: »
    Wilson’s fixtures not looking great for a few games so might transfer him out for Jiminez or Rashford

I'm looking at doing Wilson for Jimenez too, and it would allow me upgrade Diangana for Brooks or Paterson.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

From now on I’m going with my gut.

Everything I felt would work did but played the sensible cautious approach & backfired.

For now gut is still sick from today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FTs and willing to take hits.

Have the exact funds right now to do Salah/Firmino/Foster out for Mane/Aguero/Ederson.

Will hold fire on that for a bit, and probably won't be able to afford it when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Kelly can start a few game in the future, then 3.9m be great - won't just be a make way player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Firmino/Ward -> success/Martial

Hoping that United don’t stink the place out too badly tomorrow in case Mourinho needs a scapegoat and

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Almost made a panic transfer of Trippier to Dunk but going to hope Trippier injury is not too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Will likely wait until nearer the deadline but Vardy and Barkley will be involved in my two free transfers!

There may be more involved in a reshuffle but we shall wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,773 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Currently sitting on two free transfers and thinking of taking a hit and going

Holebas - Peltier
    Madison - Martial
    Deeney - Murray/Wilson.

I have RAM and AWB so Peltier will likely not play and it's to free funds for the other transfers.

Deulofeu, Mane, Hazard and Fraser in MF and Aguero and Arnie up top.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Currently sitting on two free transfers and thinking of taking a hit and going

Holebas - Peltier
    Madison - Martial
    Deeney - Murray/Wilson.

I have RAM and AWB so Peltier will likely not play and it's to free funds for the other transfers.

Deulofeu, Mane, Hazard and Fraser in MF and Aguero and Arnie up top.

Thoughts?

Not bad moves but risk involved in all

A hammering vs City and Lukaku back and Jose could sacrifice Martial

Probably worth waiting with Holebss, the fact he scored could see a rise in price in the break.

Not a fan of Peltier at all. I can see the logic but a non playing player, isn't good coming into the busy festive period. Nice fixtures for Bennet upcoming , but assume u have Doherty

Sorry the very scattered opinions.........

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

naughtb4 wrote: »

Probably worth waiting with Holebss, the fact he scored could see a rise in price in the break.

Not a fan of Peltier at all. I can see the logic but a non playing player, isn't good coming into the busy festive period. Nice fixtures for Bennet upcoming , but assume u have Doherty

Like with Shaw things have changed with Martial
    He is as nailed on as he ever was now
    He is worth the risk at that price now imo especially with united attacking well again
    Lukaku will be back in but won't affect martial imo

Yea I know there is a risk with all of them but United have decent fixtures coming up and Martial is in great form. I will likely be playing 3 at the back so AWB would be on standby for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Did a 4 point hit to get Maddison out for Mane, ended up with Arnie and Murray.

Should of kept Lacazette and brought in Success and went 4-4-2 :/

Oh what to do with those 2 eye sores now

Dempsey wrote: »
    Did a 4 point hit to get Maddison out for Mane, ended up with Arnie and Murray.

Should of kept Lacazette and brought in Success and went 4-4-2 :/

Oh what to do with those 2 eye sores now

With Arnie ? Keep him and enjoy the points

Yea I know there is a risk with all of them but United have decent fixtures coming up and Martial is in great form. I will likely be playing 3 at the back so AWB would be on standby for me.

That's fair enough. I assume you have Richarlison?

That's fair enough. I assume you have Richarlison?

Nope. Had him early on and sold him when he got the red card.

I think the one I really want at the moment

I'd go him over Martial but given how my decisions have been going recently..........

I'd have him or siggy before martial

• Advertisement

I think the one I really want at the moment

I'd go him over Martial but given how my decisions have been going recently..........

Evertons fixtures look a bit tougher than United's though but then he'd save me .6 to have 7.4 for a forward :confused:

Advertisement