Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Important] - No spoilers - (RDR2) All Gamers Beware

Options
  • 06-11-2018 12:48pm

After a few days speaking with multiple mods and getting no resolution, I've felt it best to come out and warn people of what going on on boards.

Recently someone attempted to spoil the ending of RDR2 for me (thankfully I'd it completed). But this individual is aware I'm a regular poster on the Soccer forum in which there is some animosity between certain individuals and was a result I was sent a PM labeled 'Man Utd Tickets' and when opened it included a description of the ending of the game.

After several comms with the mods it's clear the lowlife is free to do this again to whoever unimpeded if more accounts are created, and so I've made this thread to raise awareness.

I've been a contributing member of the games forum for a long time and this goes beyond banter. One of the worst things on this forum since I've joined.

Good luck out there, but I would be confident this was targeted as opposed to spoiling this for multiple individuals.

For anyone interested the account is 'Johnny The Fox' with only 13 posts since 2007 with the subject 'Man Utd Tickets' which has since been banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

They clearly can tell it’s a second account, so should be obvious what the other account is. Main account should be sitebanned as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully fred gets his justice here

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

This is some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen on boards. Absolutely shocking. Fortunately for you, you'd completed it, if this happened to me I'd have had the game absolutely ruined.

So first, I really appreciate you taking the time to post. It's certainly made me more cautious.

Secondly, a question, as I feel you haven't been clear on your original post.

The account banned is listed as a duplicate account, it's not clear whether the primary account was banned? I assume that you saying the culprit can continue unimpeded and the discussion in your PM with who I assume is a MOD means he hasn't been tracked down?

If this is the case, how do they know for sure this is a duplicate account?

Thanks again for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Don't think I've ever cared about how a game ends and I've been gaming since the c64. Never felt gaming was a media like a book or a movie in terms of story.

But either way, WHAT A BOLD BOLD PERSON!!! His mother would be ashamed. Ashamed I tell you!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That person also tried it on me too, blatantly a second account. Pr1ck of a thing to to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I think I’m not far off the end of the game now. If anyone were to send me the ending, I would hunt them down, skin them and make a f*cking satchel out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We all know the site has the tools to see users with multiple accounts

Absolutely bad form from site admin is true

It's one thing saying I won't tell you users name but why say you have no idea who it was

To Fred that would have been terrible if you hadn't completed the game

We all know what a massive fan of gaming you are and for someone to target you so maliciously is just an absolute scumbag thing to do

Would be interested to hear what is going on with not knowing who the user is

So do boards presume that none of us have an IT background to know the tools they have available to the mods and admin

An absolute joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I've seen some sad act stuff on Boards over the years but this is as pathetic as it gets. One has to feel nothing but embarrassment for someone to try something like this as they are clearly mentally enfeebled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

MARIO SAVES PRINCESS PEACH!!!!!

Don't ban me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MARIO SAVES PRINCESS PEACH!!!!!

Don't ban me!

If you aren't into games then why bother commenting? It's no different to someone spoiling a book, movie or tv show. It's just the move of an utter cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

Don't think I've ever cared about how a game ends and I've been gaming since the c64. Never felt gaming was a media like a book or a movie in terms of story.

But either way, WHAT A BOLD BOLD PERSON!!! His mother would be ashamed. Ashamed I tell you!

I don't feel your opinion of how you treat games should be reflective of everyone else. It's clear that everyone has been waiting many years to play and finish this game.

I'm roughly halfway through and to have the ending spoiled now would absolutely ruin what I'd consider, so far, to be a masterpiece. In terms of entertainment, it's up there with some of the best books I've read and movies I've watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jesus that is pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Jesus that's a dirty thing to do and very spiteful by the sounds of it! Needs to be some repercussions for the offending party surely!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is the first i'm hearing about this, so i'm looking into it at the moment. As someone who despises spoilers, and had the end of the Harry Potter books spoiled in a similar way, i have a very low tolerance for this kind of ****e.

I'm going to close the thread for the time being, but will leave it here while we review what happened.

I've removed the screenshots in the thread though, as it's against Boards charter to reveal the contents of PM's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement