Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I really don't want to switch Doherty out as I think he's going to deliver in the medium term. I can sell for 4.6 which means Zab is the only WH / Brighton defender I could bring in. I would also much prefer Fab / Doherty pair but that doesn't save me any cash.

Downgrading Maddison is also another option but still like those fixtures and he's also been unlucky. Had Fraser up until 2 weeks ago when I sold to get Mendy back in.

Ings is also on the chopping block but would actually prefer to keep him ahead of getting Wilson in for next 2 weeks at least.

That's why Robertson => VVD is tempting me but I know I could regret it and it would be very difficult to get him back in if so.

If Salah does not outscore Mane in the next 2 fixtures I think I'll downgrade there.

Diop is 4.3 balbuena is 4.4

Either way do not do Robertson to vvd
    I was in the other side of that long enough and I am still waiting for his goal or even an assist !!!!!!
    Cost me a brilliant league prize :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Forgot about those cheaper West Ham defenders. I'll take your advice regarding Robertson and I'll probably look at Maddison as my enabler. A further drop would see me lose money. I had him at the start of the season, sold him for Brooks, Maddison started to deliver, Brooks did not so switched back. Destined to repeat my mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have 2FT burning a hole in my pocket, Maddison and Ings out with Wilson and a 5.5m mid (bench) was the plan but that Burnley fixture looks too good to leave him out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thoughts on Murphy and Firmino in for Madison and Mitro for a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Unsure weather to bank or not

Ryan
    PVA Duffy Laporte
    Ricky Salah(C) Barkley Sterling
    Arnie Wilson Aguero

Subs Hennesey Coady Hojbjerg Tarokskwi

Tempted to bank this week and go PVA to Coleman after next GW.
    Everton have 3 home fixtures and Pool away ?
    Taughts

Happy with front 7 at the moment

• Advertisement

Unsure weather to bank or not

Ryan
    PVA Duffy Laporte
    Ricky Salah(C) Barkley Sterling
    Arnie Wilson Aguero

Subs Hennesey Coady Hojbjerg Tarokskwi

Tempted to bank this week and go PVA to Coleman after next GW.
    Everton have 3 home fixtures and Pool away ?
    Taughts

Happy with front 7 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Mitrovic to Wilson done last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Mitrovic to Wilson done last night.

Doing the same tonight I think.

Not feeling the love for Mitrovic
    Hasn't scored in ages
    Pool Chelsea United next 3 away .

I'll avoid thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Barkley in instead of Ricki this week was a bad call, not sure weather to take Schurrle or Barkley out for him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Hasn't scored in ages

I'll avoid thanks

What love? We're all getting rid of him!

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Hasn't scored in ages

I'll avoid thanks

I think you misunderstood

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Barkley -> ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Barkley -> ?

Someone else not worth it at that price. Tempted to have two fodder mids and beef up the rest.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Someone else not worth it at that price. Tempted to have two fodder mids and beef up the rest.

Oooops misread my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What do we think about a straight swap Ramsey to Martial? Have to move tonight or i won't be able to afford it. Am wary of not owning Salah or Mane though (i have Firmino and Robertson) going in to the home game against Fulham

edit: i think i'll go ahead with it. Will captain Hazard at home to Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

8 point hit incoming but I don't care. Sterling Murray and Peltier in for Maddison Wilson and Bennett.
    Pure penny pinching.
    I'll have this 442 and hopefully nothing to do for the next few weeks bar swap captain choice:

Fab Pat
    TRAMp
    Salah Hazard Richarlison Sterling billing
    Arnie Murray success

I'd have preferred Wilson over Murray but that 0.1 is crucial. As is keeping a keeper option each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

8 point hit incoming but I don't care. Sterling Murray and Peltier in for Maddison Wilson and Peltier.
    Pure penny pinching.
    I'll have this 442 and hopefully nothing to do for the next few weeks bar swap captain choice:

Fab Pat
    TRAMp
    Arnie Murray success

I'd have preferred Wilson over Murray but that 0.1 is crucial.

Could you leave out the peltier to peltier part and save yourself four points of the hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

KevIRL wrote: »
    Could you leave out the peltier to peltier part and save yourself four points of the hit?

Could do. But it should be Bennett. :o
    Wish I had a spare WC like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8 point hit incoming but I don't care. Sterling Murray and Peltier in for Maddison Wilson and Bennett.
    Pure penny pinching.

Fab Pat
    TRAMp
    Arnie Murray success

I'd have preferred Wilson over Murray but that 0.1 is crucial. As is keeping a keeper option each week.

Are you not worried about no Aguero? One good week from him where everyone captains him and you’re in trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fabianski
    Mendy, Robertson, Alonso
    Salah, Hazard, Fraser, Richarlison
    Aguero, Arnie, Ings

Subs: Speroni, Gunnarsson, AWB, Kelly

.1 in the bank.
    I have 2 FTs and at the minute the only move that makes sense is Mendy out to free up a bit of cash.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to do aguero to arnie and schurrle to mane. Next week ill do salah to sterling. Id prefer sterling over aguero for city coverage. I also want to set myself up to move away from salah so want to get mane in place. Think this week is as good as any to set that in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ive both Sterling and Aguero, I’ll be captaining Sterling between them. I think he’s a viable alternative if you’re only going for one, he’s a phenomenal record

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A switch to 352 would give me the below.

Hazard Sterling Mane Ricky Murphy

Aguero Arnie Success

Done over two gameweeks it is pretty straightforward.

Tempting but id have to go with Peltier at 3.8 at the back.

I'm tempted to solve my "how to fund Arnie" problem by downgrading my 4.5m mid to Hudson Odoi.

Future me can deal with the problem of getting 3 outfield starters in the bench.

I'm tempted to solve my "how to fund Arnie" problem by downgrading my 4.5m mid to Hudson Odoi.

Future me can deal with the problem of getting 3 outfield starters in the bench.

LOL
    Didn’t realize he was 4.2
    Nice enabler alright if you aren’t planning on BB
    Would needto make sure you have 2 other starters on bench for Xmas period though

LOL
    Didn’t realize he was 4.2
    Nice enabler alright if you aren’t planning on BB
    Would needto make sure you have 2 other starters on bench for Xmas period though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have you 4.3 to spend? Gibbs-White had a good cameo for Wolves yesterday and was on set pieces. Can see him getting minutes at the end of games. One point would be better than none

Have you 4.3 to spend? Gibbs-White had a good cameo for Wolves yesterday and was on set pieces. Can see him getting minutes at the end of games. One point would be better than none

He was excellent too

• Advertisement

AWB will be there for the rest of the season and I currently have Ings. Think I'm happy to take the risk for the next 6/7 weeks.

Advertisement