Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should self inflicted wounded people use our A&E departments?

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

well done resulting to insults ....

I just don't understand your arguments. It's very difficult to comprehend.

I'll refrain from using sharping knives to cook my dinner as could cut myself and require stitches which would take up valuable A and E time. Everyone knows sharp knives are dangerous.

Also people who like mountain climbing shouldn't be treated in A and E along with soccer, rugby players, boxers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Most ED's will do as much as possible to get children out of there quick as they can. Most children once triaged will be sent to the paeds ward to be treated there if it is appropriate.

Do you know much about hospitals, or EDs, Andy? You seem to be basing a lot of your opinion on what you've heard on the news or on what you've heard others have said. Hospitals and EDs generally work very efficiently with what they're presented with.

yeah, true it is a lot of a lot of it has to do with what I have have heard others say and their experiences and hearing people on the news seeing as I tend to not got anywhere ED departments to see for myself but it sounds horrendous especially at weekends - why is it allowed to just carry on like that and everyone to find it acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Raichu

i dunno about the ED's where you are - but not the ED's i have been to - everyone shares the same waiting room from all walks of life

Children go to paediatric.. they are seen by a different department.. in every ED.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

RaichuMGS wrote: »
    Children go to paediatric.. they are seen by a different department.. in every ED.

glad to hear it - I know that wasnt the case when my son went into A&E when he was little and fell over onto a fireplace he didnt go to pediatric and had to wait in the waiting room for hours with all and sundry like everyone else

Advertisement