Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOS Alive lisbon 2019

• 29-10-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

The Cure confirmed as first headliner . Fantastic festival . Spotless , great bands , easy in and out and ticket prices and food/drink excellent also . If anyone is looking for a european festival i would really recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Was at that last year, they always have fantastic line ups, but I disagree about it being fantastic.

It's far too condensed, the site area is too small for the amount of people that attend, causing massive walking traffic issues (borderline dangerous), sound bleed from overlapping acts and the toilet set up is farcical.

Fantastic line ups thou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Was at that last year, they always have fantastic line ups, but I disagree about it being fantastic.

It's far too condensed, the site area is too small for the amount of people that attend, causing massive walking traffic issues (borderline dangerous), sound bleed from overlapping acts and the toilet set up is farcical.

Fantastic line ups thou.

i'd agree with some of that, was there in 2017 and had massive trouble getting a taxi home on the second night, we ended up walking the 5km back to our air B and B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

threein99 wrote: »
    i'd agree with some of that, was there in 2017 and had massive trouble getting a taxi home on the second night, we ended up walking the 5km back to our air B and B.

This year there was no problem to get a taxi at all. Police closed one road to the festival grounds and lined up taxis over there. It took us about 15min max to leave and get a taxi.

Amazing festival. One of the best i have ever visited.

link to the festival website: http://nosalive.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Dates wise Primavera Porto would suit me better, anyone been there? I've been to Primavera in Barcelona and enjoyed it with a few caveats - too big for me really and nowhere chilled to sit down that wasn't concrete, lack of food options too though this was a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah it can be condensed, but there are ways around that. Regarding taxis after...order an Uber, cheap and very handy. Toilets...use the back area ones, even if at main stage.

It is well run, would play go back

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Fantastic line ups thou.

Was up the front for most of the weekend so never had an issue with sound crossing over . Got the train in and out which was 5 mins walk from the venue . Longest wait i had for a train was ten mins . Maybe i just got lucky ! . I remember the toilets being a bit full on when it got dark in fairness but walked round the outskirts to the back area ones and was always in my spot within ten mins max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Dates wise Primavera Porto would suit me better, anyone been there? I've been to Primavera in Barcelona and enjoyed it with a few caveats - too big for me really and nowhere chilled to sit down that wasn't concrete, lack of food options too though this was a few years ago.

Primavera Porto is very different to Primavera Barcelona. It has plenty of places to sit down on the grass and it is far smaller so that will suit you. However it has a much smaller lineup which means you might find yourself sitting down more than you'd want. Barcelona always has 5 or 6 acts on at any one time... you usually only have one other option in Porto. Also I found the sound is worse as they've residential areas nearby and some of the bands bring a stripped down show (explosions in the skys didnt bring their light show for example though we saw footage from Barcelona where they had it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ah right, some trade offs there so, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

having been to european fests before, this is by far the best run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

How does this compare to Rock Werchter ? Similar vibe / size? Thinking of making the switch this year.

Just read the previous threads on here and the NOS website and just looking into accommodation. I've camped through the heat at Coachella and Rock Werchter so I'd risk camping at this but I can't tell from the website if the campsite is on the festival site? I think think I'd be bothered with a taking a train or bus to the campsite each night. Defeats a bit of the purpose, I might as well get a hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How does this compare to Rock Werchter ? Similar vibe / size? Thinking of making the switch this year.

Just read the previous threads on here and the NOS website and just looking into accommodation. I've camped through the heat at Coachella and Rock Werchter so I'd risk camping at this but I can't tell from the website if the campsite is on the festival site? I think think I'd be bothered with a taking a train or bus to the campsite each night. Defeats a bit of the purpose, I might as well get a hotel.

Not been to Rock Werchter but I'd imagine this is a lot smalled, its in a City so no need to camp with trains and taxis out to the festival site. I dont actually know where the Camptsite is, I dont think it was onsite, it wasnt very visible if it was onsite.

Campsite is a fair bit off-site alright, so worth getting hotel or airbnb.

Great vibe at the festival though, it is smaller and you won't get as many big name acts. But it's well run, easy to get to, almost guaranteed good weather, can explore the city, well organised (bar those bit of spacing issues).

Well worth a trip, great city which isn't overly expensive

Campsite is a fair bit off-site alright, so worth getting hotel or airbnb.

Great vibe at the festival though, it is smaller and you won't get as many big name acts. But it's well run, easy to get to, almost guaranteed good weather, can explore the city, well organised (bar those bit of spacing issues).

Well worth a trip, great city which isn't overly expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Fantastic line ups thou.

Couldn't agree more. Was at it this year and found it too condensed. The bleed from nearby stages was too much.

It was dangerous at times

Def would not go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Okay, I've done a lot of reading on various forums about the festival. The majority of the feedback is positive. The same complaints that are echoed above are made :
    - Sound bleed from stages
    - Small condensed area
    - Frustrating walk to trains /buses as you have to use a diversion that takes an extra 30-45 mins at peak times. i.e. straight after main headliner.

Positives :
    - Excellent line up
    - Cheap drink and food
    - Lisbon is lovely (I echo that, I've been before)
    - You can go to the beach / city during the day as music doesn't start til 5pm each day
    - Trains run frequently to get you to the festival
    - If you leave just before a headliner finishes you can avail of the regular route to the trains/buses. If not you may be forced to use the walkway flyover and its extra walking. To combat this, you can stay later (other stages still going, and the regular route will re open).
    - Taxi and Ubers are cheap and plentiful. It's a €10 back into town in a taxi.

The above is not my own opinions as I've never been but just tips I picked up from reading other posts on the festival. I think I'll wait to see the line up progress and if it looks good I'll give this a go. I've been to Rock Werchter last two years and want to mix it up.

Okay, I've done a lot of reading on various forums about the festival. The majority of the feedback is positive. The same complaints that are echoed above are made :
    - Small condensed area
    - Frustrating walk to trains /buses as you have to use a diversion that takes an extra 30-45 mins at peak times. i.e. straight after main headliner.

Positives :
    - Excellent line up
    - Cheap drink and food
    - You can go to the beach / city during the day as music doesn't start til 5pm each day
    - If you leave just before a headliner finishes you can avail of the regular route to the trains/buses. If not you may be forced to use the walkway flyover and its extra walking. To combat this, you can stay later (other stages still going, and the regular route will re open).

The above is not my own opinions as I've never been but just tips I picked up from reading other posts on the festival. I think I'll wait to see the line up progress and if it looks good I'll give this a go. I've been to Rock Werchter last two years and want to mix it up.

You've pretty much got it spot on - toilets are a disaster also.

Lisbon is a fantastic city so for that along I'd def go. Cheap an plenty to do/see.

uber is great and cheap also.

I only had a day ticket for the festival. Girlfriend loved it though. I'd say go as part of a holiday without making it the 'main event'.

Nice weather, cheap beer... I've almost convinced myself to go again ðŸ˜

- Small condensed area

Positives :
    - Excellent line up
    - Cheap drink and food

You've pretty much got it spot on - toilets are a disaster also.

Lisbon is a fantastic city so for that along I'd def go. Cheap an plenty to do/see.

uber is great and cheap also.

I only had a day ticket for the festival. Girlfriend loved it though. I'd say go as part of a holiday without making it the 'main event'.

Nice weather, cheap beer... I've almost convinced myself to go again ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Primavera Barcelona is infinitely better by the way if you do wanna go but any of the cons above put you off.

- More expansive Line up
    - Much bigger area with enough room to relax anywhere
    - Very well organized in regards to queueing, wristband exchange, daily entrance
    - Plenty Toilets everywhere and cleaned regularly
    - Plenty food and Bars
    - There's and actual Beach next door (Lisbon is more of a port, I wouldn't advise swimming there)
    - Get Accom in Poblenou and you dont need to worry about travelling its 5 - 20 minute walk depending on location.
    - Weather is on par

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I can't say I experienced many problems with sound bleed or the toilets this year. Food options were good too i thought (with there even being a McDonalds funnily enough)

The queue on the way out was a bit of a slog on the first night but otherwise it was great I thought. The lineup is usually unreal.

• Advertisement

The Smashing Pumpkins announced this morning . So far so good !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jimbob93

When you click on the link to buy tickets on the nos alive web page it re directs you to an English version of the See tickets site.

Has anybody had issues ordering these for delivery to an Irish address or is it safe to belt away and order them?

jimbob93 wrote: »
    When you click on the link to buy tickets on the nos alive web page it re directs you to an English version of the See tickets site.

Has anybody had issues ordering these for delivery to an Irish address or is it safe to belt away and order them?

Yes , i used them last two years and they are fine. Tickets arrive registered post

Use dice app. When you get there you show on phone for wristband. Don't think there's fees either

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Thom Yorke Added to the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Bought my tickets to this, gf is from Sintra so she's been a few times, nice looking line-up so far!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Chemical Brothers added (not sure if they were already announced)

Chemical Brothers added (not sure if they were already announced)

Taking shape now ! They are playing main stage after the smashing pumpkins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Vampire Weekend also confirmed.

Would love if they played one of the Trinity gigs this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

No sign of Stereolab on that line up, so fingers crossed they'll in Porto, which would be the perfect option for me as it's only takes me about 2 hours to get there.
    But if they end up playing Paredes De Coura, I'll totally blow my load.

https://www.paredesdecoura.com/en/lineup/

Advertisement