Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Anyone having any luck with tactics yet? I have tried a 4-1-4-1, 4-3-2-1 with United and can't seem to get anything to work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone having any luck with tactics yet? I have tried a 4-1-4-1, 4-3-2-1 with United and can't seem to get anything to work

Gegenpressing 4321 has made my United team potential quintuple winners 2nd season.

It reduces the opponents to about 3 or 4 shots a game and you get around 30

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Unearthly wrote: »
    Gegenpressing 4321 has made my United team potential quintuple winners 2nd season.

similar to that 4-2-3-1 gengenpressing
    switched to it half way through 1st season and crushing the big teams.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have they made any more adjustments to the scouting, or is it the same as last years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Hardest thing about any FM games is deciding on a team to manage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have they made any more adjustments to the scouting, or is it the same as last years?

Looks to have been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Tell more

Nothing else to tell really ha.

Sports Data company

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Unearthly wrote: »

Any pictures of tactics/player roles and instructions with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertDL

Sin City wrote: »
    Hardest thing about any FM games is deciding on a team to manage :(

Well.. Football Manager is to choose a lower league team with the distant goal of winning the Champions League :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Started a save with United but the amount of injuries I was getting made it ridiculous so I'm waiting for the full release. They have acknowledged that there is an issue with excessive injuries

• Advertisement

i played thru one full season (Arsenal) and got some long term injuries for key players and many minor ones but didn't count it as excessive, just usual Arsenal softness :)
    if you get cup runs the games just mount up. towards the end of season there was a game every 3/4 days and one after 2 days. In depth squad is very much needed with Fm19 and now in season 2 Brexit limitations are kicking in with foreign player limits

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Just got the beta version yesterday, playing as Liverpool. Geggenpressing works really well :-) just hammered city 4-0 3 games into the season.

Liking this one a lot more then 18 as at least your midfielders actually get forward and score goals.

Just signed Nacho as cover for all the back four positions. TAA is a beast with crossing in the game. Oh and Christian Pavon, if you get a chance then sign him :-)

Just got the beta version yesterday, playing as Liverpool. Geggenpressing works really well :-) just hammered city 4-0 3 games into the season.

Liking this one a lot more then 18 as at least your midfielders actually get forward and score goals.

Just signed Nacho as cover for all the back four positions. TAA is a beast with crossing in the game. Oh and Christian Pavon, if you get a chance then sign him :-)

will have a look at them.
    Lucas Paqueta is a star and also Savic for a central mid is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Played over 60 seasons from Nov to Sept on FM2018 and I'd still be playing now if my laptop didn't die... Cant wait for the new game. Not sure who to start with. Always like to pick someone totally random (and crap) at the beginning and work up the leagues and countries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Shaunoc wrote: »
    will have a look at them.
    Lucas Paqueta is a star and also Savic for a central mid is a beast

Definitely agree on Pacqueta.

De Ligt turns into a world class defender. Been like that for a few seasons now

The beta has been updated to tone down injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

threein99 wrote: »
    The beta has been updated to tone down injuries

And to stop incorrectly reducing transfer fees. All well and good but my Patrick bamford is gone for the year and i didnt have a transfer budget to buy a second third c3ntre back after 1 million just disappeared!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Just set your tactics to gegenpressing, sit back, relax and win everything :cool:

Just set your tactics to gegenpressing, sit back, relax and win everything :cool:

wait till they fix that bug

Sirsok wrote: »
    And to stop incorrectly reducing transfer fees. All well and good but my Patrick bamford is gone for the year and i didnt have a transfer budget to buy a second third c3ntre back after 1 million just disappeared!

Hadnt noticed that, your budget was just reducing ?

• Advertisement

Hadnt noticed that, your budget was just reducing ?

Purchased a player, and x amount was going to be taken from my budget, but substantially more was taken wiping my budget out. Had to delay a transfer, couldnt offload any players at all, so couldnt get the player i needed

Also tried to buy de ligt quoted 90mil, he goes to chelsea for 22 mil!

Sirsok wrote: »
    Purchased a player, and x amount was going to be taken from my budget, but substantially more was taken wiping my budget out. Had to delay a transfer, couldnt offload any players at all, so couldnt get the player i needed

I think I'm going to start a new save, I started with United and nearly all the squad were off on holidays until early August because of the World Cup. so my already thread bare squad got decimated with injuries during pre-season and this continued into the season starting.

I'm starting to sound like Jose :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I haven't had much chance to try it out yet. I always start unemployed and I'm wondering if the crowds and audio for the lower league clubs is in any way improved. Huge cheers at a Vanarama Southern match just doesn't fit. Audio in general can be very bad with the cheers from an earlier incident still easing as you score a goal it doesn't change presumably because it's stuck still enacting the previous audio event.

mewso wrote: »
    I haven't had much chance to try it out yet. I always start unemployed and I'm wondering if the crowds and audio for the lower league clubs is in any way improved. Huge cheers at a Vanarama Southern match just doesn't fit. Audio in general can be very bad with the cheers from an earlier incident still easing as you score a goal it doesn't change presumably because it's stuck still enacting the previous audio event.

Turning off the audio is probably one of the first things I do when I get a new FM

Turning off the audio is probably one of the first things I do when I get a new FM

that and watching one games highlights before speeding it the hell up and key highlights only

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Full game out now on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

RobertDL wrote: »
    Well.. Football Manager is to choose a lower league team with the distant goal of winning the Champions League :D

Am I the only one who hasn't the patience for a proper bottom to top style of game?

I usually try and overtake Ferguson's record with an already established team, although my big saves last year with Chelsea, Leeds and Milan all had Jose doing far too well with United and himself passing Ferguson by way more than I realistically could

Am I the only one who hasn't the patience for a proper bottom to top style of game?

I usually try and overtake Ferguson's record with an already established team, although my big saves last year with Chelsea, Leeds and Milan all had Jose doing far too well with United and himself passing Ferguson by way more than I realistically could

I have tried but I cant stick the lower leagues.

One challenge I have tried regularly in the last 2 or 3 versions is to get Notts Forest back in the champions league and then to win it again. Haven't even managed to get promoted in the last 2 versions. I will be trying that save after a season or two with United. (and failing miserably)

• Advertisement

I do best of both worlds and add a manager, so manage two teams in same universe.

I remember in fm15 i had four managers on the go!

Advertisement