Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Election posters

• 30-10-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Who is responsible for making sure these are taken down? It really annoys me walking around today, Tuesday, to see these pointless posters still in situ when they should have disappeared on Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Who is responsible for making sure these are taken down? It really annoys me walking around today, Tuesday, to see these pointless posters still in situ when they should have disappeared on Saturday.

They dont have to be down until Friday and it is the responsibility of the candidate / party to ensure they are removed.

https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/environment/topics/waste/litter/Pages/Election-Posters0331-3567.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Why does it bother you so much, do you not have anything else to be bothered about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

They bother me to. I think it is utterly ridiculous that they are still allowed to be put up. Who ever decided on how to vote based on a poster they saw. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

BBM77 wrote: »
    They bother me to. I think it is utterly ridiculous that they are still allowed to be put up. Who ever decided on how to vote based on a poster they saw. :mad:

Its good exposure for the candidates, they dont necessarily make their mind up on the spot whether they are going to vote for them or not but at least it brings it to their attention.

There really are much more serious things to be bothered about than election signs

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Why does it bother you so much, do you not have anything else to be bothered about

Why does it bother you that it bothers me? It was a reasonable question to ask in the first place. Thanks for replying, I didn't know that there was a specific time limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Its good exposure for the candidates, they dont necessarily make their mind up on the spot whether they are going to vote for them or not but at least it brings it to their attention.

There really are much more serious things to be bothered about than election signs

Of course there are but it doesn't mean that lesser things should be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

It's perfectly possible to be bothered by litter as well as other issues at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

cause it looks like sh*t .....
    yes it bothers me as well...

Advertisement