Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

3 weeks now and nothing! Considering how fast we've been progressing I thought we'd have heard about stage 4 by now. Hopefully we can get the physical and medical done this side of Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

3 weeks now and nothing! Considering how fast we've been progressing I thought we'd have heard about stage 4 by now. Hopefully we can get the physical and medical done this side of Christmas.

To be honest I'menjoying the break! The aptitude test and interview took up so much time, I'm enjoying working on my fitness without having to stress about it! Considering that the next intake isn't until January anyway, I'm happy to have a bit more time to prepare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

To be honest I'menjoying the break! The aptitude test and interview took up so much time, I'm enjoying working on my fitness without having to stress about it! Considering that the next intake isn't until January anyway, I'm happy to have a bit more time to prepare :)
    I wouldn't mind enjoying Christmas properly though:o
    Polly26 wrote: »
    Hey
    Just wondering roughly how long people were waiting for their stage 3 results?
    Iirc it was a few days after the block of interviews for your cohort ends. I got mine a week later but some people were waiting 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kilnap61

Hi thankfully passed stage 3 in September this year. Just wondering if anyone else who was interviewed in September has been called for the physical or medical yet. Appreciate any updates. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

SHIELDSRED wrote: »
    Uweir32 wrote: »
    I’ve only got one main example for each one so I hope that’s prepared enough to not need more lol - im very concerned about the motivation to be a garda question, is it still an example based question do ya reckon?

I strongly advise having 2 minimum. Have 3 really. They will always ask to give an example of a time you made a tough decision and after your finished they will ask for another time.

Be able to intertwine them and all focused on the Garda role and how they would help you in the role.

I’d mine yesterday and I don’t know if it a good or bad indication but I wasn’t asked for second or third examples. I was asked supplementary questions on my examples but not for new ones altogether

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I’d mine yesterday and I don’t know if it a good or bad indication but I wasn’t asked for second or third examples. I was asked supplementary questions on my examples but not for new ones altogether

Sounds like a good thing, you probably had hit the minimum marks for the competencies that they didn't need to go into another example? Were your examples very well thought out, did you write them out before-hand, detailed etc?

bottar1 wrote: »

Sounds like a good thing, you probably had hit the minimum marks for the competencies that they didn't need to go into another example? Were your examples very well thought out, did you write them out before-hand, detailed etc?

I’d done competency based interviews many times and was never asked for different examples that’s why this had thrown me off thinking I’d need several examples. Yes I had the whole scenario of the examples wrote and our learnt.

I’d done competency based interviews many times and was never asked for different examples that’s why this had thrown me off thinking I’d need several examples. Yes I had the whole scenario of the examples wrote and our learnt.

Sounds like you did well then, wishing you the best in your results.

If you have any tips they would be greatly appreciated, have mine in just under 2 weeks and plan on prepping my answers this weekend!

I'm not too nervous about the interview! Just the prep!

bottar1 wrote: »

Sounds like you did well then, wishing you the best in your results.

If you have any tips they would be greatly appreciated, have mine in just under 2 weeks and plan on prepping my answers this weekend!

I'm not too nervous about the interview! Just the prep!
    My advice is to use honest examples. They will grill you on them and it’ll become obvious if your spinning a yarn

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Does anybody know what OOM they are on for the interviews?

• Advertisement

farrelly90 wrote: »

I'm mid 400's and have a date for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

I think someone in the 500s has been called too

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Hey,

I have my interview coming up and I'm still waiting on an official leaving certificate results document; I currently only have a photocopy. I ordered from examinations.ie... does anyone know if I don't receive the document on time can I submit it after the interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Hey,

I have my interview coming up and I'm still waiting on an official leaving certificate results document; I currently only have a photocopy. I ordered from examinations.ie... does anyone know if I don't receive the document on time can I submit it after the interview?

Yes, there is a small window after that you can submit outstanding documents. But should you pass the interview they wont forward your name unless it's all in.

Make sure you say it to them on the day at reception when u go upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

Hey,

I emailed them when I ordered my results and just asked if they could send them out asap as I had an interview. They arrived the following day. Brilliant service from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

I'm in the 500s and have been called for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 traceyf933

Hey
    Had my interview recently so waiting to hear. I cant tell how it went but feel it could have gone better.
    When they asked me the competencies its like the time flew and they just stopped me asked me the outcome and moved on to asking another q about a different example in a different situation or else just go on to the next competency. I gave generally two examples. didnt get many if any probing/follow up qs and I am wondering what this could mean? I also the vibe they were a bit funny with me but could be just reading in to it too. Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

traceyf933 wrote: »
    Hey
    Had my interview recently so waiting to hear. I cant tell how it went but feel it could have gone better.
    When they asked me the competencies its like the time flew and they just stopped me asked me the outcome and moved on to asking another q about a different example in a different situation or else just go on to the next competency. I gave generally two examples. didnt get many if any probing/follow up qs and I am wondering what this could mean? I also the vibe they were a bit funny with me but could be just reading in to it too. Any advice??
    Hey ya I had the same experience as you at my interview, but I did come away positive on the day. Felt it could have went better like I had planned but it wasn’t overall terrible. I have been overthinking it since and been negative.. Wish we had the results..🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Guys, let's just wait and see the results, anything we can think or say is just suppositions, and it doesn't help. The more you think over it is simply over-thinking. It won't change how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Hey guys, i have my interview next week and feel my examples of competencies are possibly not enough? how do they ask for them, if ye are allowed explain? Do they just say tell me a time when you showed resiliency or whatever competency or are they more specific?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 originalhobo

rossd92 wrote: »
    Hey guys, i have my interview next week and feel my examples of competencies are possibly not enough? how do they ask for them, if ye are allowed explain? Do they just say tell me a time when you showed resiliency or whatever competency or are they more specific?

They're asked in a similar vein to what you've said, but some have said in the thread that they may ask for up to 3 examples for each competency, so I'd have at least 2 answers prepared for each. Give yourself some breathing room with your answers so you can apply it to however they ask the question aswell.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

They're asked in a similar vein to what you've said, but some have said in the thread that they may ask for up to 3 examples for each competency, so I'd have at least 2 answers prepared for each. Give yourself some breathing room with your answers so you can apply it to however they ask the question aswell.

Second this.

Also the reason you want more than one example prepared is they can ask you when you demonstrated a certain competency ay a specitic time in your life or in a certain job or when you were in uni, so it is good to have backup answers prepared.

Cheers, i dont think ive ever worked myself so much over an interview in my life :( haha.

Second this.

Also the reason you want more than one example prepared is they can ask you when you demonstrated a certain competency ay a specitic time in your life or in a certain job or when you were in uni, so it is good to have backup answers prepared.

Ya i have 2 examples prepared for each competency and i feel fine talking about them i guess, just not sure if they are good enough examples. Will have to see on the day i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Hi folks,

Had my interview in the 300s OOM, I never asked when I would find out as to the results of the interview, any of my fellow boards.ie folks around my OOM or even anybody remotely close to my OMM know what timeframe there is?

OscarKilo

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Had my interview in the 300s OOM, I never asked when I would find out as to the results of the interview, any of my fellow boards.ie folks around my OOM or even anybody remotely close to my OMM know what timeframe there is?

OscarKilo

Took me just under 2 weeks to get my results, I think once the certain block of interviews is over they issue the results for everyone in that block. Not 100% sure on that though. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Does anyone know when you receive your interview results, do you get a mark on how well you did in each competency?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Vital Work wrote: »
    Took me just under 2 weeks to get my results, I think once the certain block of interviews is over they issue the results for everyone in that block. Not 100% sure on that though. Hope that helps.

Cheers for the reply I greatly appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Does anyone know when you receive your interview results, do you get a mark on how well you did in each competency?

No you just get your new OOM unless things have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Elliot192 wrote: »
    No you just get your new OOM unless things have changed.

Shouldn't the OOM change after each of the blocks? Like, what if somebody from the second block moves up in the OOM and pushes down people from the first block, who already got their new position?

Advertisement