Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OpenTempo Waterford.

• 21-10-2018 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Down from Dublin for the weekend and driving along a few country roads in the BMW when I came across this station on the airwaves. What an absolute joy to hear the sounds being played. Well done and the best of luck to all concerned in this venture. 105.1 FM for those who haven't heard of them! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Down from Dublin for the weekend and driving along a few country roads in the BMW when I came across this station on the airwaves. What an absolute joy to hear the sounds being played. Well done and the best of luck to all concerned in this venture. 105.1 FM for those who haven't heard of them! :)

Thanks for that, never heard of it but listening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭914

Listen to opentempo a bit. Some good shows on it. There's great house djs on Friday nights for anyone into that. I like the Sunday shows to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They've been going for a few years - rather badly on my radio, the signal leaks all over the place.

edit - I'd like to take that back - it's something else so distorted it's hard to know who it is other than music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Easily waterfords best station, much better than the dirt on wlr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

What is it, like ABC 104 before WLR turned it into Beat , a station for 45 year olds who dress and look suspiciously like teenagers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

engiweirdo wrote: »
    What is it, like ABC 104 before WLR turned it into Beat , a station for 45 year olds who dress and look suspiciously like teenagers?

Non mainstream chart music crossing a lot of genres without the forced scripted "banter" of wlr from awful presenters who's only joy in life is talking about surveys and hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

great station... some brilliant shows on it...
    going many a years now it is...
    keep it going lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Easily waterfords best station, much better than the dirt on wlr.

I have never listened to OpenTempo but anything other than Beat is very much welcome. How anyone listens to it is beyond me. As for WLR well that is the usual local radio... Grand apart from the death notices.

I'm surprised Zenith haven't done a bit of 'crafty' broadcasting. If they are still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

I'm surprised Zenith haven't done a bit of 'crafty' broadcasting. If they are still going.

All that name reminds me of is the "Zenith Data Systems Cup".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Good station. I never miss the Disco Daze show.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

They are still going on DAB and internet. However I don't think the operator would not be so foolish to damage his very high standing and reputation in the broadcast installation industry (sometimes internationally) by breaking the law,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

They are still going on DAB and internet. However I don't think the operator would not be so foolish to damage his very high standing and reputation in the broadcast installation industry (sometimes internationally) by breaking the law,,,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They had a temporary weekend licence a few years ago. It's a pity it can't be more permanent.

91wx763 wrote: »
    91wx763 wrote: »

That you Andy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Absolute love Open tempo,was up Getting the blaas in hickeys Saturday morning at 8 in the morning,they had Alice Coltrane,followed by rage against the machine.,then sly and the family stone,tis mad stuff,brilliant,and such a refreshing change from wlr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

914 wrote: »
    Listen to opentempo a bit. Some good shows on it. There's great house djs on Friday nights for anyone into that. I like the Sunday shows to

I'll let him know, he'll be delighted to have a fan. We all tell him he's ****e :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement