Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have to say i admire them for doing that.

They still had 2 males vs the other family's 2 females.

I think they knew they couldn't win and just wanted to do the course. Fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Haven't really been following this year but they just had the most pointless round on there with a double hang tough ladies only second time.
    First team broke the IFF record and were about 4 minutes ahead of each of the others. Even if they didn't compete there is no way any of the contestants would have held on for 4 minutes.pointless tiring people out.guess what,1st team through others face off in the eliminator, net result of the round-a few minutes filler for RTE

Haven't really been following this year but they just had the most pointless round on there with a double hang tough ladies only second time.
    First team broke the IFF record and were about 4 minutes ahead of each of the others. Even if they didn't compete there is no way any of the contestants would have held on for 4 minutes.pointless tiring people out.guess what,1st team through others face off in the eliminator, net result of the round-a few minutes filler for RTE

They were seperate events

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Curiously, they often don't show the tables after events so we can see who came top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

The ladies only was not a timed event so didnt matter how many minutes it went on for, First to fall only got one point, second to fall got 2 and last female hanging got 3 points so it still could have went any way as for the first time ever on the IFF in the first event tonight no team got any points so after event 2 the families were on 3, 2 & 1 points - that actually maybe why they had to throw in an extra challenge as its always based on 2 events - will be interesting next week to see if they have the female only challenge in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Really enjoyed IFF this season. It was a good achievement for Donnacha to get both his teams to the final. The final challenge was neck and neck until the last barrier, it could have gone either way. Well done to the Beirne’s on their victory.

Davey Fitz and his intensity makes for great TV, at times I thought he could have a heart attack with all his shouting and roaring. RTÉ don’t kill themselves with the prize money, only €15k for first and nothing for the other finalists.

Caprica wrote: »
    Really enjoyed IFF this season. It was a good achievement for Donnacha to get both his teams to the final. The final challenge was neck and neck until the last barrier, it could have gone either way. Well done to the Beirne’s on their victory.

Davey Fitz and his intensity makes for great TV, at times I thought he could have a heart attack with all his shouting and roaring. RTÉ don’t kill themselves with the prize money, only €15k for first and nothing for the other finalists.

Funny probably my least favourite season, think they hadn't as many families going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Would love if they did a celebrity special or irelands fittest club team or county made up of 4 people or workplace etc and expand the idea outside of families. Would love to see four lads from two different counties panels for example complete against each other

It would be interesting to see different sports clubs against each other. Maybe have two males and two females on each team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The way Davey Fitz and his intensity makes great TV I hope RTE makes a reality show with him coaching Wexford GAA team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Caprica wrote: »

I thought it was a great final too but really the Smyths should have gone last in the jeep pull. They were leading the competition coming into that round but the other families knew what they had to beat to get through to the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Boots234 wrote: »
    I thought it was a great final too but really the Smyths should have gone last in the jeep pull. They were leading the competition coming into that round but the other families knew what they had to beat to get through to the final
    Are you saying that the Smyths could have done it faster if they'd known they needed to?

Or that the other families said to themselves "we've 1.15 to beat (or whatever the time was), lets get in just 3 seconds under"

They all bust a gut doing it, and the Smyths were slowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Are you saying that the Smyths could have done it faster if they'd known they needed to?

Or that the other families said to themselves "we've 1.15 to beat (or whatever the time was), lets get in just 3 seconds under"

They all bust a gut doing it, and the Smyths were slowest.

Ya I think they could have gone faster if they had a target to beat. They might still have come last but they would have had more of an advantage by going third

Kathryn Thomas presenting (/shrieking) this year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Is it starting back this coming Sunday?

Yep - 6.30 Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Kathryn Thomas presenting (/shrieking) this year :mad:

Why do RTE persist with her? She is incredibly annoying and incapable of speaking without shouting.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Why do RTE persist with her? She is incredibly annoying and incapable of speaking without shouting.

In fairness she's a reasonably good presenter, but why she feels the need to shriek to the point of endangering the crystal, I do not know. I can't imagine what she thinks it adds to her presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

This is a stupid round IMO, it’s Ireland’s Fittest Family not Ireland Fittest Family with the best head for heights

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ireland’s fittest family is worth watching for Donnacha O Callaghan’s reactions alone. He is so (unintentionally I think) funny

This is a stupid round IMO, it’s Ireland’s Fittest Family not Ireland Fittest Family with the best head for heights

A very tough task to go out on I think for most families. You could go well in that height task and not be fit at all. Or even fail height task miserably and bE very fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thought the same myself, eliminating them on that basis was a bit unfair

Lisha wrote: »
    Ireland’s fittest family is worth watching for Donnacha O Callaghan’s reactions alone. He is so (unintentionally I think) funny
    He has the most amazing face and expressions:D

inthehat wrote: »
    He has the most amazing face and expressions:D

He is just so likeable. :)

Lisha wrote: »
    This! He's just brilliant.

Feeling sick just watching that vertigo nonsense on the telly :o Can't decide if it's an unfair one to send families home from the get-go on..... but then again, they had their chance in the first race (which was most definitely about fitness)

I'm looking forward to the series, esp if they've introduced a few new gigs into it (which it seems they have) - but oh my goodness it's going to be an endurance test listening to the screeching :mad: Mairéad, get those kids sorted and get thee back to IFF!!!

There's a few fairly senior-looking bucks in this series......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

There's a few fairly senior-looking bucks in this series......

There was an old doe as well until her son froze. I’d say the same one is still giving out to him for balking.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    There was an old doe as well until her son froze. I’d say the same one is still giving out to him for balking.
    I felt SO sorry for him!!!

At least an entire team chickened out after, would have made him feel a bit better I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I felt SO sorry for him!!!

At least an entire team chickened out after, would have made him feel a bit better I'd say.

He should have spoken up sooner so that they could have done the same, mind you I’d say the mother would still be p’d off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Dakota Dan wrote: »

She was a toothless oul witch

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    She was a toothless oul witch

:mad: What a horrible comment to make.

Her personal appearance is nobody's business.

I just wish i was as brave and as fit as that woman.

Advertisement