Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker WP645TS-HD

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lmairead

Thanks adelcrosmel - will try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

If my memory serves me correctly, the Walker 95sat receiver is Satellite only, you are probably using it for UK Satellite channels only, unless you have Saorsat (Irish free satellite channels), you don't use an aerial with the box.

I had one in the past and had some issues, I ended up binning it.

I would also get "no channels"

Disconnected the box for a day or two and on plugging in again it all worked perfect again, this happened a couple of times.

I got sick of it.

However your issue may be the satellite connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

FRIENDO wrote: »
    If my memory serves me correctly, the Walker 95sat receiver is Satellite only, you are probably using it for UK Satellite channels only, unless you have Saorsat (Irish free satellite channels), you don't use an aerial with the box.

It does both saorview and satellite.

@lmairead it could be a few things. The main three things that I would think are the problem is that the box has forgotten the satellite channels it had stored. So try the scan as suggested in a previous post. I know with a slightly different walker box, they had both a saorview, freesat and FTA option. Could be that the FTA option was never scanned and you were using the freesat option to get the British channels. If this were the case you could use the “opt” button to flip between modes. Again this is a guess as I don’t know if the box you have ever had this option.

Finally, it could also be that your satellite dishe has moved in the wind or a cable is disconnected. You could check this by using the signal tester that is usually somewhere in the setup menu in the device.

Some videos of what I was discussing

https://youtu.be/2vFE06Rk-0E

https://youtu.be/mPA9AmpHAa8

At second 54 of this one you can see the signal information I mentioned above

https://youtu.be/EqMEYaKJppo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

FatBeard wrote: »
    It does both saorview and satellite.

No looks like FRIENDO is right and it only does satellite - Lmairead asked about the WP95SAT-HD box and the thread is about the WP645TS-HD box which is a combo box and does both....think that's where the confusion has come from!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

No looks like FRIENDO is right and it only does satellite - Lmairead asked about the WP95SAT-HD box and the thread is about the WP645TS-HD box which is a combo box and does both....think that's where the confusion has come from!

You’re right. I understood it was the WP95SAT-HD but the site I looked at said combo receiver and saorview approved. However another site says saorsat approved. The walker site itself is down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

If you have a spare satellite receiver, you could try it on the same connection to see if it works, as the issue could be the Walker box.

Otherwise the best option is to call an installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Have yopu tried unplugging it from the mains for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in again?

(I have an old Walker Saorview box, can't remember the model number, but it was the first one on the market) that occasionally locks up, and a power cycle sets it working again.

It's gotten to the stage that I use a remote control adaptor to do this - minimises the effort!

Just checked - the model number is WP10DTB

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

Does anybody know the max size USB I can put into the TS1124 Saorview box?
    THanks

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

One more try plz.... Does anybody know the max size USB (GB) I can put into the TS1124 Saorview box?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Spam post deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Grats

My Walker STB is stuck on initialising - I tried unplugging it but no luck. Any solution would be very welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I picked up one of these boxes on Freecycle. I have a problem with it, with Tuner Overload coming up on it and not being able to pick up some channels then. I read through all the posts here and I tried just installing the satfree channels with the terrestrial channels but it's still happening. It has version 4 of the firmware. Someone posted a link to v3.8 which I have downloaded.

Should I put version 3.8 on the box or would it make it worse? If I do I can't revert to version 4 as I don't have this file.

Any advice appreciated.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tuner overload suggests a short on the satellite cable, would the connector be on right? Ensure outer braid isn't touching the centre conductor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

V4 never worked so 3.8 is the best version if you want FreeSat to kind of work on the box. It may freeze or be a little sticky but ok in general! If V4 is somehow working for you dont change it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭decor58

We had one of these in work and when it updated to V4 we lost the SatFree option and couldn't revert to V3.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Thanks for the advice. I used to install satellite dishes so am happy with the install. I'm using a quad LNB with an aerial feed ( no amplification) into the quad LNB and inside the house the signals are separated with a diplexer. There are no problems with the other TVs fed from the dish.

The odd thing is that after about a half an hour the system settles down and works perfectly. I unplug it at night. Satellite and Satfree work then, no problems. On being plugged in Tuner Overload comes up on Satellite and some Sat Free channels. Terrestrial works perfectly all the time.

As I said previously I'm reluctant to put on v3.8 in case I make it worse.

Advertisement