Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor Murrays injury

• 24-10-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭

What exactly is it would anyone know? Why is it such a secret?

Comments

He kept the nature of injury under wraps while negotiating favourable terms on contract extension - it may be more serious than previously thought as he still hasn't uttered a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

billyhead wrote: »
    What exactly is it would anyone know? Why is it such a secret?

Because he doesn't want his medical information being broadcasted across the world.

He said he hopes to be back next month. That's all you need to know really.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

A bulging neck disc according to newstalk news

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Oh yeah let's speculate. Yay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭Hhugedick

Because he doesn't want his medical information being broadcasted across the world.

He said he hopes to be back next month. That's all you need to know really.

Medical information is private. It is no one business only conor Murray and Munster rugby's medica team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

He kept the nature of injury under wraps while negotiating favourable terms on contract extension - it may be more serious than previously thought as he still hasn't uttered a word.

He just did an interview about it on Second Captains which was released within the last hour.

Oh yeah let's speculate. Yay.

No need considering he spoke about it today saying it's was a bulging disk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The IRFU will 100% know the full extent of the injury so that theory is nonsense in the extreme.

He just didn't want people to know. That's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Chicken pox

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A broken heart, with his bestie Zebo now living in France.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

it's an unusual case of very localised gigantism

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Heard he was going for elective surgery to extend it so he could look over rucks from the base much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Interesting that someone who was so keen to keep the details of the injury private, how quick he was to discuss it with journalists when he’s doing his brand ambassador duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Interesting that someone who was so keen to keep the details of the injury private, how quick he was to discuss it with journalists when he’s doing his brand ambassador duties.

I think Heaslip May have set a bit of a trend, may even be advice from IRUPA now.

Don’t give people something for free that you can sell to them later...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He was interviewed by Matt Cooper today and said then he doesn't want to go into detail.

Did he tell others the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hurrache wrote: »
    He was interviewed by Matt Cooper today and said then he doesn't want to go into detail.

Did he tell others the details?

Saw this on Balls.ie:
    “It’s just the same neck issue I’ve had pretty much. I got a couple of bangs in Australia and a bit of wear and tear basically. I got a bang in each game. In the third game, I probably got my biggest bang and it just flared up over the summer when I was away.

I had to let it settle, obviously the usual scans and things like that, and I had an MRI about four weeks ago. The disc is gone back in, it was just a bulging disk like I’ve had – nothing major.

It’s gone back to where it was, thankfully, and that’s a pretty big step for us, a result that meant we could crack on and wait for the strength to come back. It’s doing that, it’s been a progression all the time, so nearly there.”

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/conor-murray-injury-rumours-399485

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I believe he took a blow to the Pinergy in a match and required treatment to the anterior Pinergy followed by a period of therapeutic Pinergy. All of this required some high quality electricity, supplied by our good friends in Pinergy.

(Other pre-paid electricity suppliers are available.)

Robbo wrote: »
    I believe he took a blow to the Pinergy in a match and required treatment to the anterior Pinergy followed by a period of therapeutic Pinergy. All of this required some high quality electricity, supplied by our good friends in Pinergy.

(Other pre-paid electricity suppliers are available.)

Now that's Conor...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Sexton saying he wished he had done same. Any time he gets a bang to head concussion discussion starts again. You had hook talking about him retiring and eddie Jones talking about his parents feelings on their sons head injuries etc.

Can understand players perspective. Be nice if they gave timelines for returning (assuming they know them) without disclosing what the injury is

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Sexton saying he wished he had done same. Any time he gets a bang to head concussion discussion starts again. You had hook talking about him retiring and eddie Jones talking about his parents feelings on their sons head injuries etc.

Can understand players perspective. Be nice if they gave timelines for returning (assuming they know them) without disclosing what the injury is

I think the whole thing around timelines is that they don't actually know exactly, and as such it leads to speculation etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement